The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We might never know the information that led to the decision. Highly likely we should not know. The bottom line is this guy has been leading terror attacks for decades. As much as the left and islamists are trying to build some kind of moral equivalency of executing a government official it is laughable. 

No one is debating the badness of this guy, it's the consequences that matter. This isn't that simple.. 

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm trying to imagine why we "should not know". Are you saying that it's impossible to tell us what the plan was without giving away something top secret? This from the administration that invited Russians into the Oval Office and blabbed information that Israel had given to them in confidence?

Methinks you're trying a bit too hard to defend what looks like an impulsive move.

Could the missile strike have been impulsive? Always possible I guess. The left loves that idea as it feeds their missive that Trump is unstable. IMHO Trump has been pretty predictable. People might not like what he does but his agenda has been straight forward. MAGA. Globalists hate this. Businesses who exploit 3rd world sweat shops hate this. Allies who have sluffed off their defense expenses on the USA hate this. Countries who have manipulated their currencies for economic advantage hate this. 

Trump is very predictable. He has not entered into foreign military moves. He handled Syria pretty well. He supported the Ukraine with air defense systems. Surprise, he didn't invade Venezula. He has the USA booming with unemployment at 70 year lows. Labor participation rates at generational highs. 

IMHO those who oppose Trump have to put a solid business case together that challenges what Trump has accomplished. To date the Dems trot out nutbars like Warren, Sanders and AOC. When, on sober reflection, they move towards the middle their go to guy is Joe Biden. How do you take confidence from these options? Truly there are others than this bunch. Get a Tim Cook or a Google alumnus. Get someone who can develop a plan and knows how to execute it. Get someone who can force a debate on the economic future and not people who dwell on character assassination. Trump's lack of social graces can work against him. The Dem effort to date has been juvenile and most people see thru it.    

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm unfamiliar how someone could be so delusional but I guess you did vote for the party that condemned the killing of a ruthless terrorist funder and supporter.

Ya no, you can stop with your childish BS.

By the EXACT terms of the word what they did was an act of assassination.  This does not mean I support anyone or condone anything.  it is a word used correctly in the right context.  Stop trying to make a mountain out of your turd hill.

It's laughable that you stick so directly to the definition of the word terrorism based on skin colour but refuse to accept an act of assassination for what it is based on the definition of the word.  But then you do support a party that seems to hate anyone less than pale or christian.  (see I can also be that guy)

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Could the missile strike have been impulsive? Always possible I guess. The left loves that idea as it feeds their missive that Trump is unstable. IMHO Trump has been pretty predictable. People might not like what he does but his agenda has been straight forward. MAGA. Globalists hate this. Businesses who exploit 3rd world sweat shops hate this. Allies who have sluffed off their defense expenses on the USA hate this. Countries who have manipulated their currencies for economic advantage hate this. 

Trump is very predictable. He has not entered into foreign military moves. He handled Syria pretty well. He supported the Ukraine with air defense systems. Surprise, he didn't invade Venezula. He has the USA booming with unemployment at 70 year lows. Labor participation rates at generational highs. 

IMHO those who oppose Trump have to put a solid business case together that challenges what Trump has accomplished. To date the Dems trot out nutbars like Warren, Sanders and AOC. When, on sober reflection, they move towards the middle their go to guy is Joe Biden. How do you take confidence from these options? Truly there are others than this bunch. Get a Tim Cook or a Google alumnus. Get someone who can develop a plan and knows how to execute it. Get someone who can force a debate on the economic future and not people who dwell on character assassination. Trump's lack of social graces can work against him. The Dem effort to date has been juvenile and most people see thru it.    

Those are his businesses. He's just a slimy con artist who got lucky cause of daddy's support. In another world he's conning grandma in some low budget pyramid scheme. 

I agree he is very predictable. He serves his self interests above all else. Sometimes that aligns with what should be US policy, usually not. It's easy to point at the economy and say 'look he's good at that' but that's how all shady businessmen look at first. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Boudrias said:

"Missive"? :huh: You might want to look that word up....:unsure:

....and the rest of this post is straight up propaganda. What was being discussed is whether there was a general strategy behind the killing of Soleimani, or if the administration saw an opportunity and took it, without consideration of the consequences.

You're right about one thing: It was predictable that Trump would do something impulsive. He's been acting and speaking without thinking for his entire term....

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

the left the left the left, cheerleading.

You guys sure do seem to like creating things out of nothing.  Seems to me really nobody is cheerleading Iran at all honestly except a few keyboard warriors.  There's far more like yourself that are snivelling about this event trying to further the divide by using the term left, liberal, leftist a lot.

Maybe just MAYBE you should think about that

Thank you.

My wife is half Iranian and still has plenty of family members on her fathers side residing in Iran. 

This is close to me. I asked that poster for some proof of his claim of US support for Iranian retaliation causing 'the more American death the better"

I can't imagine  a lot Americans wanting Iran to kill a bunch of citizens just to prove a point to Trump. But this is a crazy time, so as you mentioned , it must be just a few keyboard warriors and not the norm.

Tired of people trying to push the divide more, just to use the term snowflake, lefty,  etc etc

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you.

My wife is half Iranian and still has plenty of family members on her fathers side residing in Iran. 

This is close to me. I asked that poster for some proof of his claim of US support for Iranian retaliation causing 'the more American death the better"

I can't imagine  a lot Americans wanting Iran to kill a bunch of citizens just to prove a point to Trump. But this is a crazy time, so as you mentioned , it must be just a few keyboard warriors and not the norm.

Tired of people trying to push the divide more, just to use the term snowflake, lefty,  etc etc

Well, the lickspittles usually follow lock(goose)step with their messiahs.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm trying to imagine why we "should not know". Are you saying that it's impossible to tell us what the plan was without giving away something top secret? This from the administration that invited Russians into the Oval Office and blabbed information that Israel had given to them in confidence?

Methinks you're trying a bit too hard to defend what looks like an impulsive move.

This is exactly why they won't give up the info. It could be that they have an operative deep in that regime and to give out certain info would compromise that assets safety.

1 minute ago, Ohthehumanity said:

This is exactly why they won't give up the info. It could be that they have an operative deep in that regime and to give out certain info would compromise that assets safety.

The same secret agent that told them about the WMDs in Iraq.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you.

The only people I've seen cheerleading or supporting Iran are also the same ones supporting the US hoping they flatten Iran.

Today we find out over 60 Canadians died on that airliner, Canadian troops were out in harm's way over US aggression and instead of reflecting I open the page and

One guy tries to paint me as a guy who supports a party who supports terrorism (literally no source or corroborating link) because he doesn't like the term assassinated.

Another is trotting out the word leftist, left, liberal and trying to paint more than 65% of the population as supporting Iran against America.

Nobody wants war that I know of.  Sure as hell not those of us living less than 30 minutes from the border.

The US killed a bad man.  But they did it in a way that makes them no better than the person they killed.  They did it by putting their allies, our soldiers in harm's way.

There's nothing to cheerlead here, nothing to support or he happy about.  The US might just turn Iran into a parking lot.  But the end result is right now, Canadians are dead, three nations stand on the brink of war and the only people who seem excited about it are the same ones who burnt Nike's, Taylor Swift CDs and owned duh libs by purchasing Starbucks and dumping it out

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I'm not going to lie, but I kind of thought that this operation sounded a lot like the phantom WMDs from George JRs tenure

Yeah I’m not naive to think that Iran doesn’t use proxies to do their dirty work.  A lot of other countries do (including the ‘Jedi Knights’, guardians of peace and justice in the world).