The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

47 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is the progressive Liebel government who nationalized the print media with a $600 million bribe. Not a whimper from the left. 

47 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is the progressive Liebel government who nationalized the print media with a $600 million bribe. Not a whimper from the left. 

The world ending not with a bang and not even a whimper, but with the evasion that a free world is even ending, only an endless silence as if it had never existed.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The world ending not with a bang and not even a whimper, but with the evasion that a free world is even ending, only an endless silence as if it had never existed.

Pretty deep Ray. Progressives descend into some kind of moral equivalency rationale to justify almost anything. Sacrifices made mean nothing if remembered. IMHO the empty head that leads Canada is a prime example of where we are now. Maybe he will holiday long enough to return with his goatee and plumed hat. Reassuring. 

Geopolitics deals in harsh realities. From medieval ME and all that entails to rogue countries ruled by thieves like Russia, China and Nork. To snow flakes like the EU and Canada. People who take without compunction to those that bend over and let them.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty deep Ray. Progressives descend into some kind of moral equivalency rationale to justify almost anything. Sacrifices made mean nothing if remembered. IMHO the empty head that leads Canada is a prime example of where we are now. Maybe he will holiday long enough to return with his goatee and plumed hat. Reassuring. 

Geopolitics deals in harsh realities. From medieval ME and all that entails to rogue countries ruled by thieves like Russia, China and Nork. To snow flakes like the EU and Canada. People who take without compunction to those that bend over and let them.  

You talk so boldly yet I doubt you would join the military if a war happens. It will be a war that should have been easily avoided but Trump basically opened a can of worms. I wonder what would happen if Pompeo got killed? Trump started a war by killing an important iranian figure which is basically an act of war. For the brave souls applauding, maybe they should also join the military because a war with iran would be more bloody than the Iraq war and I doubt iran will just target American sites, as they can also close off the persian gulf and basically cut off 25% of the world oil reserves. I hope Canada doesnt join US in this mess created by US just like every other wars.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

You talk so boldly yet I doubt you would join the military if a war happens. It will be a war that should have been easily avoided but Trump basically opened a can of worms. I wonder what would happen if Pompeo got killed? Trump started a war by killing an important iranian figure which is basically an act of war. For the brave souls applauding, maybe they should also join the military because a war with iran would be more bloody than the Iraq war and I doubt iran will just target American sites, as they can also close off the persian gulf and basically cut off 25% of the world oil reserves. I hope Canada doesnt join US in this mess created by US just like every other wars.

Most likely the immediate response will be a Cyber attack.  

Iraqi PM says US asked them to invite Suleimani for mediation and then killed him when he came. Called it a political assassination and the Iraqi government is working to remove US soldiers and influence from the country now.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Iraqi PM says US asked them to invite Suleimani for mediation and then killed him when he came. Called it a political assassination and the Iraqi government is working to remove US soldiers and influence from the country now.

Wow, really?

That's some dirty stuff.

38 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

If true no one,  from the middle eat, will listen to the US again.

Iraqi PM says he was schedule to meet with Soleimani the morning he was killed

Sun 5 Jan 2020 14:30:21 GMT

PM speaks in Parliament

PM speaks in Parliament

Iraqi parliament is starting the process of voting to expel the US military from the country. The PM says the killing of Soleimani and Muhandis was a political assassination and that permission was not sought by the Iraqi government.

"I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran" the Iraqi PM said, highlighting that Soleimani was carrying a response from Iran to a Saudi initiative to diffuse tensions in the region. That came after Trump called the Iraqi PM and asked him to mediate.

This is a draft resolution so the final vote won't take place today but could take place this week. Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi said it is in the interest of both Iraq and the US to end the US troop presence there. The resolution would also ban the use of Iraqi airspace.

He said Soleimani played an important role in managing different militias.

The US isn't in the habit of leaving any country that asks so I don't know how effective this will be. The risk is that the US departing will leave a power vacuum and allow ISIS to regain a foothold or spark some kind of civil war. For oil traders, it also raises risk that Iraq's production could be attacked.

Update: The first draft of the resolution passed the vote.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Iraqi PM says he was schedule to meet with Soleimani the morning he was killed

Sun 5 Jan 2020 14:30:21 GMT

PM speaks in Parliament

PM speaks in Parliament

Iraqi parliament is starting the process of voting to expel the US military from the country. The PM says the milling of Soleimani and Muhandis was a political assassination and that permission was not sought by the Iraqi government.

"I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran" the Iraqi PM said, highlighting that Soleimani was carrying a response from Iran to a Saudi initiative to diffuse tensions in the region. That came after Trump called the Iraqi PM and asked him to mediate.

This is a draft resolution so the final vote won't take place today but could take place this week. Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi said it is in the interest of both Iraq and the US to end the US troop presence there. The resolution would also ban the use of Iraqi airspace.

He said Soleimani played an important role in managing different militias.

The US isn't in the habit of leaving any country that asks so I don't know how effective this week by. The risk is that the US departing will leave a power vacuum and allow ISIS to regain a foothold or spark some kind of civil war. For oil traders, it also raises risk that Iraq's production could be attacked.

Update: The first draft of the resolution passed the vote.

Putin laughs and rubs his hands together thinking “I don’t have to do a thing and let Bone Spurs do his thing”.  Best money spent (Russian hookers urinating on ‘Can I have a bottle of ketchup for my well done steak?’) lol.

Iran says it will no longer observe limits on its uranium enrichment

Sun 5 Jan 2020 18:04:34 GMT

Iranian State TV (Fars News Agency ) with the report - Iran says it'll disregard the limits imposed by the 2015 nuclear deal  

Headlines via Reuters: 

• Iran announces new step to distance itself from 2015 nuclear deal with major powers 
  • Iran says its uranium enrichment work will have no limitations, Tehran will enrich uranium based on its technical needs
  • Iran will continue its cooperation with UN nuclear watchdog
  • Iran's rolling back of its nuclear commitments is reversible if the US lifts sanctions on Tehran 

Iran not backing down, but that last headline in the series does give some sort of de-escalation option. 

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/iran-says-it-will-no-longer-observe-limits-on-its-uranium-enrichment-20200105

• Upvote 2

Reports of rocket attack in the Green Zone near the US embassy in Baghdad

Sun 5 Jan 2020 19:48:09 GMT

Sky with the report 

More added:
  • multiple rockets/mortars (up to 5 reported)
  • in the vicinity of the US embassy in Baghdad
More added:
  • 3 Katyusha rockets hit inside the green zone

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/reports-of-rocket-attack-in-the-green-zone-near-the-us-embassy-in-baghdad-20200105

Edited by nuckin_futz

39 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Iran says it will no longer observe limits on its uranium enrichment

Sun 5 Jan 2020 18:04:34 GMT

Iranian State TV (Fars News Agency ) with the report - Iran says it'll disregard the limits imposed by the 2015 nuclear deal  

Headlines via Reuters: 

• Iran announces new step to distance itself from 2015 nuclear deal with major powers 
  • Iran says its uranium enrichment work will have no limitations, Tehran will enrich uranium based on its technical needs
  • Iran will continue its cooperation with UN nuclear watchdog
  • Iran's rolling back of its nuclear commitments is reversible if the US lifts sanctions on Tehran 

Iran not backing down, but that last headline in the series does give some sort of de-escalation option. 

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/iran-says-it-will-no-longer-observe-limits-on-its-uranium-enrichment-20200105

Need some way to fend off the American aggressor.

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Wow, really?

That's some dirty stuff.

War is ugly.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

If true no one,  from the middle eat, will listen to the US again.

Ya right.

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Need some way to fend off the American aggressor.

Not saying you are necessarily wrong but Iran sponsors and funds terrorists I wonder if it was the American aggressor when Obama threatened them? They do need a regime change in Iran No Doubt I mean look what they did to that Canadian journalists a number of years back they are a terrible Nation even their people want a regime change. I'm not advocating for war but it is pretty hard to deal with someone that Finance terrorism in the region and you make it sound like it's all the United States.

Might as well just drop this in here...........

US service member and 2 US Defense Dept contractors killed in Kenya attack

Sun 5 Jan 2020 20:23:49 GMT

An airfield used by U.S. military in Kenya was attacked Sunday.

• 1 US service member and 2 US Dept. of Defense contractors were killed
  • 2 Dept. of Defense members injured
(via NBC)

Reports the attack was conducted by al-Shabab (terrorist group).

If the death of 1 US contractor was the genesis of the Iranian situation. What does 2 dead contractors and a dead US soldier amount to?

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

Now Trump is talking about targeting 52 cultural sites in Iran. I think he has been smoking some good weed to get this high. 

The bastard! They probably rejected his building 52 Trump hotels there. Payback is a bitch.