The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

If Green is your best option I believe in getting him the help he needs. 

Also look at the head coaches out there....you want babs? Atleast this way babs wouldn't be able to pull any bush league $&!#....

Green has the room and the guys but he needs to better his systems. 

I agree though a one year deal would be hard to do but I see as a good thing. 

Heck bring Burke back as prez and watch Jim win more trades and that would be awesome since most of Jim's draft picks pan out...

The systems the Canucks play are just fine.  

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your right kes gave everything he had for the Canucks and that's why in my books he will be a Canuck until he dies. 

Lmfao only reason it was the Sedins team is cause kes had no line mates and also who you think shut down the other teams top players? Sure wasn't your legends... 

Also kes showed up in the playoffs no matter what , I can think of a few times where the Sedins just blah....

kes could had more 40 goal seasons if he didn't have to do all the dirty work himself....

he has showed at times no push back and that's something kes never did. 

Watch game tape? Do you know what made kes so special? He hated to lose just like juice and burr so in practice it would get heated and that's what pushed all three of those players , look at what Miller has brought to the team , plays the game a lot like kes and everyone loves him....look at what Miller has done for petey and Brock and Jake , now if kes would have stayed we would have had that type of leadership already.... 

Well then thank goodness we have Miller to assist in Bo's leadership and also someone to learn from. Miller doesn't do the cheap stuff either it seems. You think Bo likes to lose? He had the drive to massively improve his skating on top of building size. He's a league leader in faceoffs and has helped this team grow to where they are today and often carrying the team on his back especially the last couple of years when our centers went down. Not bad for a guy only mentored by the Sedins.

The Sedins hardly had a stable linemate beyond Burrows for a few years. They carried whoever was placed with them and often it was plugs. This isn't an argument regarding what skills the Sedins vs Kesler provided. I just don't believe that Kesler being here now would've changed how Bo is today and the Sedins never expected Bo to be like them. As mentioned, the Sedins felt Bo would be a good leader is because of who he is already. Kesler wasn't going to make Bo be a player like him just like Messier never changed Naslund as a player, but respected how he was as a captain and his presence.

Kesler did give everything he had as a Canuck (which is why I respect his time as a Canuck), but he could've contributed towards building this current team. He decided to jump ship. If you honestly feel our team would be that impactful with his help, then there's no one else to blame but Kesler himself for forcing us to move him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha...that is about the stupidest thing I have seen typed on here for awhile....

:picard:

Sedins would have been stars if Kesler's dad never met his mom.  Give me a break. 

Really? They never would have made it you the finals without kes! 

And really? It took the game to change to make the Sedins into stars.....

kes on the other hand..

also which other centre in the league at the time would you take over kes?

kes made up for what the Sedins lacked. 

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Well then thank goodness we have Miller to assist in Bo's leadership and also someone to learn from. Miller doesn't do the cheap stuff either it seems. You think Bo likes to lose? He had the drive to massively improve his skating on top of building size. He's a league leader in faceoffs and has helped this team grow to where they are today and often carrying the team on his back especially the last couple of years when our centers went down. Not bad for a guy only mentored by the Sedins.

The Sedins hardly had a stable linemate beyond Burrows for a few years. They carried whoever was placed with them and often it was plugs. This isn't an argument regarding what skills the Sedins vs Kesler provided. I just don't believe that Kesler being here now would've changed how Bo is today and the Sedins never expected Bo to be like them. As mentioned, the Sedins felt Bo would be a good leader is because of who he is already. Kesler wasn't going to make Bo be a player like him just like Messier never changed Naslund as a player, but respected how he was as a captain and his presence.

Kesler did give everything he had as a Canuck (which is why I respect his time as a Canuck), but he could've contributed towards building this current team. He decided to jump ship. If you honestly feel our team would be that impactful with his help, then there's no one else to blame but Kesler himself for forcing us to move him.

I never said bo liked to lose but kes could have helped. Taking face offs against kes in practice would have helped too. 

how can you say that? There are times when Bo goes kes and plays big and hard so you don't think kes would be able to bring that out even more?

as I said before Nazzy and the Sedins lead with what they could and bo could do more....

how could kes helped this team even more? He knew it was either the Sedins out the door or him, also every year he played in van look at who he played with....I don't blame him for wanting out , its not like gillis found him a Hossa or sharpe to play with....Canucks failed kes that way and that's why I don't blame him. 

I wish they would have traded the Sedins and kept kes but no point bringing that up. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Really? They never would have made it you the finals without kes! 

And really? It took the game to change to make the Sedins into stars.....

kes on the other hand..

also which other centre in the league at the time would you take over kes?

kes made up for what the Sedins lacked. 

I would have taken Samkos, Crosby, Richards, Backstrom, Thornton, Kopitar, and Zetterberg ahead of Kesler if for no other reason than stats. 

Then there would have been another elite group of centres at about the same level as kesler in Staal, Getzlaf, Toews, Koivu, Datsyuk, etc etc.

Stats below are from 2008-2010.

dubas.PNG.90b35bc34e968b648d68e59339acd380.PNG

Anyway, I am not arguing Kesler was not good 2008-2011, but I AM arguing that kesler would NOT make or break the Sedins getting into the hall of fame.

Like I said, if Kesler had not been on the team, the team would have had a different 2C. Who cares? The Sedins would still be Hall of Famers.  Simple really. They did it with their elite skills.

Edit: had to change a couple words to make this make sense lol. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would have taken Samkos, Crosby, Richards, Backstrom, Thornton, Kopitar, and Zetterberg ahead of Kesler if for no other reason than stats. 

Then there would have been another elite group of centres at about the same level as kesler in Staal, Getzlaf, Toews, Koivu, Datsyuk, etc etc.

dubas.PNG.90b35bc34e968b648d68e59339acd380.PNG

Anyway, I am not arguing Kesler was good 2008-2011, but I AM arguing that kesler would make or break the Sedins getting into the hall of fame.

Like I said, if Kesler had not been on the team, the team would have had a different 2C. Who cares? The Sedins would still be Hall of Famers.  Simple really. They did it with their elite skills.

I meant second line centres ..... Cause that's what kes was or heck even third line with the wingers he had her the years.

i never said kes would affect them getting into the hall, the part I got a problem is without kes the Sedins wouldn't have been the Sedins everyone has seen...

you think the team would have acouple prez trophies without kes? 

Even look at the 2011 final kes showed up the whole way and the Sedins well they played their game.... You think the Sedins retire as Canucks if we didn't make the final?

im sorry I'll give Sedins credit for showing up against the Sharks but preds? Without kes going beast mode history would be a lot different. 

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Only reason the Sedins are legends are thx to that man you want to forget!!

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

i never said kes would affect them getting into the hall

You really need to take a minute, put down your bong, and think about the words you type.

In your first post above, you clearly say "Only reason the Sedins are legends are thx to that man you want to forget!!".

Then in your second post above you say "i never said kes would affect them getting into the hall".

You clearly did.

Please get your narrative straight.

::D

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Green refers to Al Arbour a lot, so he's had an impact for him and when Tortorella was here, Green got mentorship from him even after he had left Vancouver. 

Did Willie mentor Green the 3 years he was in Vancouver and Green in Utica?

5 minutes ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

I have said some down right idiotic statements in here but this takes the cake...thank you for de throning me.

It's an idiotic post but there's facts or proof that support it. Part of the sedin legend is the 2011 final and without kes that doesn't happen... 

It works both ways. I was just pointing out that I wish kes was here to help bo the same way Miller has helped the guys...

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I was just pointing out that I wish kes was here to help bo the same way Miller has helped the guys...

The guy can't skate, can't score, can't stay healthy and you want him here to help? :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You really need to take a minute, put down your bong, and think about the words you type.

In your first post above, you clearly say "Only reason the Sedins are legends are thx to that man you want to forget!!".

Then in your second post above you say "i never said kes would affect them getting into the hall".

You clearly did.

Please get your narrative straight.

::D

Legends yes. Last time I checked I can going after a legend , doesn't mean I'm going after their hall of fame seat.....

you took it out context if you look over my posts you'll see I never mention the hall of fame..... All I said they wouldn't be the same players or legends without kes. 

It works both ways but I'm debating kes side and I've made fair points and if you can honestly say kes didn't help create the Sedin legend and wasn't a big part of the team success just as much as the Sedins then I'll shut up

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I never said bo liked to lose but kes could have helped. Taking face offs against kes in practice would have helped too. 

how can you say that? There are times when Bo goes kes and plays big and hard so you don't think kes would be able to bring that out even more?

as I said before Nazzy and the Sedins lead with what they could and bo could do more....

how could kes helped this team even more? He knew it was either the Sedins out the door or him, also every year he played in van look at who he played with....I don't blame him for wanting out , its not like gillis found him a Hossa or sharpe to play with....Canucks failed kes that way and that's why I don't blame him. 

I wish they would have traded the Sedins and kept kes but no point bringing that up. 

You're the one suggesting that he would be more helpful than the Sedins. If your theory is right, then Kesler would've made our team better now had he stayed. It was never one or the other. We would've wanted him to stay at that point. He requested out.

Bo is doing just fine on faceoffs. One of the best in the game. Do you think he would win 100% of his draws had he practiced against Kes? Bo has Malhotra as a coach and Beagle as another solid faceoff man and now Miller too. Could he have learned some stuff from Kesler? Maybe, but as a captain, I think not.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

The Hawks do it for their prospects why not the Canucks? Have kes working madden and have Juice working Jett woo. 

I meant before the injuries....

It would be helpful if you type out what you mean, rather than adding in stuff at a later post.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

You're the one suggesting that he would be more helpful than the Sedins. If your theory is right, then Kesler would've made our team better now had he stayed. It was never one or the other. We would've wanted him to stay at that point. He requested out.

Bo is doing just fine on faceoffs. One of the best in the game. Do you think he would win 100% of his draws had he practiced against Kes? Bo has Malhotra as a coach and Beagle as another solid faceoff man and now Miller too. Could he have learned some stuff from Kesler? Maybe, but as a captain, I think not.

Well yea in theory look at it likes this that draft the panthers were shopping first overall and at the time I think they would have been interested in the Sedins , so if they trade the Sedins the turn around would have been a lil shorter but I'm not going threw all the what ifs. 

Look at it like this....kes plays the style Jim wanted here and kes would have been great for a guy like Jake coming into the league and but that's mho. 

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

It would be helpful if you type out what you mean, rather than adding in stuff at a later post.

Well if you read my posts then you would know I've been talking about the Canuck kes not the ducks.....

also I thought posters were smart enough to compare second line centres to each other, how was I suppose to know you would just look at the scoring race of the time and just write the first line centres

ha opps context lol

• Wat 1