The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Do you realize this all started cause a poster said the Sedins will be remember as legends and kesler will be forgotten.......

Don't feel so bad Rowdy I too have been vilified for pointing out to others that the Sedins were less then perfect. Fact of the matter is, the Twins could not carry the team on their shoulders and relied heavily on the players around them, including each other. They were no "Bure" who could change a game at a drop of a hat and needed no one else to help him do it. 

Kessler was  a great player because he could adapt to any type of play presented to him. The Sedins? They were less effective with tight checking and when they got roughed up. 

Bo is a great player and has great attributes. A great face off guy and pretty good with the media, BUT, I want a Captain who will carry the team on his back and win games we have no business winning. Not sure if he is capable of that yet. Not sure if Hank taught him that or not either.

But...….apparently we have "professionals" on this board and we know absolutely nothing about hockey. ::D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Don't feel so bad Rowdy I too have been vilified for pointing out to others that the Sedins were less then perfect. Fact of the matter is, the Twins could not carry the team on their shoulders and relied heavily on the players around them, including each other. They were no "Bure" who could change a game at a drop of a hat and needed no one else to help him do it. 

Kessler was  a great player because he could adapt to any type of play presented to him. The Sedins? They were less effective with tight checking and when they got roughed up. 

Bo is a great player and has great attributes. A great face off guy and pretty good with the media, BUT, I want a Captain who will carry the team on his back and win games we have no business winning. Not sure if he is capable of that yet. Not sure if Hank taught him that or not either.

But...….apparently we have "professionals" on this board and we know absolutely nothing about hockey. ::D

Thx man that made my night to know there's acouple of us out there atleast ha 

• Like 1

For the record I did not mind Kesler. Not sure about all the hate honestly.  I felt he was a great player for us and I specifically  remember how he carried us on his back against Nashville. So what if he wanted out? Are we that fragile that we can’t handle that? 

However, to draw comparisons of Kesler to the Sedins or suggest Kesler was some kind of key to the Sedins effectiveness and success is flat out ludicrous  

Edited by canuck2288

On 1/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, theo5789 said:

This is the problem. From a fan's perspective, you really see only a small portion of what's being done as a coach. What kind of energy do you want? Gum throwing and towel waving? There's been a trend where the old school type coaching is a no go anymore. The players seem to love Green and that's all that really matters.

Yes I agree with you. 

It's a fairly new thing.

Growing up I am used to coaches being very involved and animated behind the bench.

So, it is hard to read the room as a fan.

Even the execution of mid game timeouts over this win streak is showing me that a fire was lit under Travis' @$$.