The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unsung hero so far???

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

Who do you guys think is the unsung hero so far halfway through the season? Hockey-wise an unsung hero is the type of player who plays great but doesn't receive that much appreciation so most of our younger players, Miller and Markstrom don't really apply since we express how much we love these guys already.

So this goes out to the player that has been playing outstanding for us but doesn't get much love... So lets give em love!

My vote goes toward Pearson who's been our top scorer over the last 23 games with 23 points. Ever since we got him he's been nothing but good. Arguably the best winger outside the lotto line, although Virtanen is beginning to make a case. Tied for most PP points on 2nd unit and leads us in SH points. PP, PK or anyway Tanner's been effective for us. Went from having one of his worse years before we got him to having a career year being on pace for 60 points!!! 

Post who you think is your unsung hero for the halfway mark!

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

JT Miller still doesn't get as much credit as he should

Our first line of Miller-Pete-Boeser is legit

Agreed. He’s arguably been our most impactful forward. He doesn’t get the credit because he isn’t one of the “young guys.”

In reality he’s barely older than Horvat, which is good, because it makes it more likely that he can sustain his level of play for us for the next 5 years at least.

Edited by Grape
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Pearson for sure. Miller isn't even close to unsung. I'm constantly hearing and reading from posters that he's our MVP. Pearson's on pace for 60 points this year, yet there's still the notion that Horvat doesn't have any top six wingers to play with.

Yeah MVP gets thrown around a lot with Miller I see.

• Cheers 1

Tanner Pearson. We’ve legit found a 2nd line winger for Bo and it only cost us Gudbranson. Best bang for the buck.

Honorable mention to Brock Boeser who while fighting it a bit from game to game is still putting up solid 1st line numbers.

So they would be my choices for unsung difference makers (hero just sounds odd to use on a hockey player to me).

We always hear about Pettersson, Miller and Hughes for most games, which isn’t a knock, it’s well deserved attention, but to win consistently the Canucks need more than 3 players putting up points.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah MVP gets thrown around a lot with Miller I see.

as it should. he still gets less credit than he's due; I suspect a lot of fans and media, especially those outside this market, chock up a lot of his scoring this year to riding shotgun with petey and brock. for those watching, though, it's really more like burrows was with the sedins -- he's driving the play, and smart, hard plays he makes are the biggest key to the sustained zone time that line has enjoyed. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Brandon Sutter for getting hurt and allowing Gaudette to grow into that 3rd line center role. Jokes aside, probably Miller as nobody could see him scoring at a near PPG pace and has allowed that line to flourish. Pearson has been outstanding but doesn’t have the same impact as Miller. IDC what anyone says, and no disrespect to Petey, but #43 has been the MVP and is going to be a top 5 NHL defenceman before long. Kids incredible. 

• Haha 4

Hard question as most players have recieved high praise all year. 

Boeser is playing alot better than many fans would lead to believe.

Edler. We're just a different team with him in the lineup.

What about travis green. 2 weeks ago he was on the cdc chopping block. That timeout yesterday may have won the game.

Also to add. Unsung hero has to be unsung. We talk everyday how great Miller markstrom and Hughes have been for us.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Hard question as most players have recieved high praise all year. 

Boeser is playing alot better than many fans would lead to believe.

Edler. We're just a different team with him in the lineup.

What about travis green. 2 weeks ago he was on the cdc chopping block. That timeout yesterday may have won the game.

Also to add. Unsung hero has to be unsung. We talk everyday how great Miller markstrom and Hughes have been for us.

Pearson. 

• Cheers 2