The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Rangers @ Canucks - Jan 4 2020 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Surprised people here still use the Alien thing for Pettersson, I would think once they found out he didn't like being called that people would stop trying to label him as that nickname, why push something he doesn't even like?

I doubt Petey reads this blog.

:mellow:

7 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Don’t you see? When Canucks are good on the PP it’s because the players stopped listening and when they’re bad it’s because of brown. 

This is the way

You just got the free 7 day subscription for a certain channel.  Didn't you? 

lol (me too)

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

I doubt Petey reads this blog.

:mellow:

I'm pretty sure Petey understands why the fans think he has unearthly talent. Hence the Alien moniker. Hughes has Huggybear as a nickname. I'm sure he hates it as well.

But in the end he knows its because the fans and his team-mates love him being on the team, and what he brings. 

• Upvote 1

I was hoping the Canucks would go after Stone when he was available.  Watching the STL / VGK game reminded me why.

I know we did not have the assets to do it and the timing for the Canucks was wrong.  But man that guy is amazing with his mix of size and skill.

He is only 27 yrs old to.  Would fit in perfectly with our core group.  

On 1/3/2020 at 1:13 PM, Stamkos said:

Going to my first regular season game in at least a few years! 

Also, imagine being a PPG this season and only considered the 36th LW in the league, or the 6th highest scoring centre in the league at 14th. 

Well you picked a good one - what with the skate jerseys - wish I was there with my Bure jersey.

Go Canucks GO!

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I even put in the post on YouTube. Messier must be the first player not only to hurt the team when he played against us, but when he played for us. 

And then he sued the Canucks for $6M and won.  The freakin Mess & Keenan gong show. :angry: I moved to Calgary before that all went down.  I lived in Calgary for 4.5 years.  As soon as I moved to Cali the Canucks got hot & then won their last 10 games to make it into the playoffs. :emot-parrot: They probably should have beat the wings but then Clouts let in the beach ball goal from centre ice & they lost the series 4-2 ugh:(

25 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

PETEY INTERVIEW WHERE HE SAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE THE NICKNAME ALIEN

2:45 make it easier for you people :lol: 

Also said it's a fun nickname if you feel like quoting his entire stance on it. I am sure he doesn't lose sleep over it and I am sure he understands the fans enjoy it. But hey, feel free to keep crying about it on his behalf. I prefer calling him Petey anyway, albeit a much lamer nickname.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

Hate is a strong word , but I’m still not convinced to join the Brown fan club. At least we aren’t doing the drop pass zone entry anymore. Still think Hughes saved his job.

I don’t know about that, you can’t create something if you don’t have the tools to do it. 

Last year we had Pouliot Hutton granlund and Goldobin on the PP. This year we’ve added Hughes Pearson Gaudette JT Miller and Virtanen. 

It goes without saying that Hughes will make the PP better but it also goes without saying the personnel we had on the PP the past few years weren’t up to NHL standards. You can’t make players have the skill to put the puck in the net with strategies.