The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Rangers @ Canucks - Jan 4 2020 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

30 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

PETEY INTERVIEW WHERE HE SAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE THE NICKNAME ALIEN

2:45 make it easier for you people :lol: 

Remember the interview with Sutter (I think), where he states the nicknames that you don't like are the ones that stick

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Also said it's a fun nickname if you feel like quoting his entire stance on it. I am sure he doesn't lose sleep over it and I am sure he understands the fans enjoy it. But hey, feel free to keep crying about it on his behalf. I prefer Petey anyway, albeit a much lamer nickname.

Wow thanks N7Nucks. I was not going to bother listening to that sound bite after ChuckNorris said the "alien" nickname was offensive to Petey. But after your post I listened to it and Elias Pettersson said the following:

"I wouldn't say I like it that much but it's a fun nickname."

ChuckNorris - I honestly want to know why you are offended by the alien nickname when Elias Pettersson himself says it is a fun nickname?  You totally misrepresented that sound bite and said Petey did not like it....yet words out of Petey's mouth said he thinks it is fun because guys he knows says he plays out of this world. 

Shame!  Shame!  Shame!

image.jpeg.731aff20f1db7edc9f3c8feae794358d.jpeg

Go Canucks!  Kick the Rags arse.  I want Petey to have a multi point game.......AGAIN!!!   :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the way it’s gonna be for the next 3 months with how tight the West is.

These 2 point are no less important than the next 80 points up for grabs.

So true. I feel the next half of the season will be a nail biter all the way.  That said, let's go get those 2 points tonight!

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Also said it's a fun nickname if you feel like quoting his entire stance on it. I am sure he doesn't lose sleep over it and I am sure he understands the fans enjoy it. But hey, feel free to keep crying about it on his behalf. I prefer calling him Petey anyway, albeit a much lamer nickname.

Says it's fun with his head down the whole time lol keep trying though :lol:

Me crying? You're quoting me  because you don't like me relaying what Petey said, do you need a tissue?

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow thanks N7Nucks. I was not going to bother listening to that sound bite after ChuckNorris said the "alien" nickname was offensive to Petey. But after your post I listened to it and Elias Pettersson said the following:

"I wouldn't say I like it that much but it's a fun nickname."

ChuckNorris - I honestly want to know why you are offended by the alien nickname when Elias Pettersson himself says it is a fun nickname?  You totally misrepresented that sound bite and said Petey did not like it....yet words out of Petey's mouth said he thinks it is fun because guys he knows says he plays out of this world. 

Shame!  Shame!  Shame!

image.jpeg.731aff20f1db7edc9f3c8feae794358d.jpeg

Go Canucks!  Kick the Rags arse.  I want Petey to have a multi point game.......AGAIN!!!   :towel:

i agree with you about the shame, shame, shame

and ep40's branding includes alien

and an alien icon is now part of these boards

not sure why a negative spin is being put on this

his skills are out of this world

that appears to me to accord with the idea of alien

p.s. and do you know how this gets solved if ep40 really does not like this nickname?

he has his agent notify the nhl that monitor/runs these boards

to have that icon removed

no one has to know he did it

the icon just goes back to what it was before

no explanation given

but that has not happened has it ?

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1