The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your top 5 (Any Platform)

Tre Mac

Let's see what your top 5 games are, any platform(or every platform)

I'll start:

NES

1. Image result for river city ransom nes Such a great game.  Picture Double Dragon as an RPG - Being able to upgrade your character was huge, also playing 2 player co-op with a buddy

2. image.jpeg.4a7d04d77a84d06ae20a948f2dc8520c.jpeg Speaking of RPG's, crazy that Squaresoft almost went out of business, this was their 'final' game.  

3. image.jpeg.b472eb49452c0a3d18ac6b12f705cea7.jpeg My dad would sneak into my room at night and jack my system to play this.  My mom once called the Nintendo hotline for the code to face Tyson  and put that in a Xmas card!

4. Image result for zelda nes Believe it or not my Grandparents played Nintendo and that's where I first saw this game

5. image.jpeg.e451ab444aeee9377dce1bbf172e90cc.jpeg Maybe should be higher.  Nintendo utilized every bit out of the NES to make this gem.

I'll do more next week at work

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Zelda - orcerna of time

James Bond 007

StarCraft

Diablo 3

Knights of the old Republic 1&2

My top 5. 

Honourable mentions

Mass effect 1

Indigo prohency

Rainbow Six Siege

Counter Strike

No particular order. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

My top three (definitely influenced somewhat by nostalgia) are:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 

3. Donkey Kong 64

It was too hard for me to do an overall list, it's easier for me to go by platform.  Also I didn't play some of the consoles like N64 or Sega.  I'll probably do Nintendo, SNES and PC.  PC will be tough.  

I watched Video Game Wars documentary which prompted this thread.  So much nostalgia.

• Upvote 1

That's tough

1. Witcher 3 (I've poured liked 700+ hours into it)

2. Final Fantasy X (Choosing a FF is hard, but this one was my favourite)

3. Dragon Quest 8 (The new one and Gameboy ports were legit too, wish this series had blown up more out west)

4. Red Dead Redemption 2 (I'm not usually one for shooters anymore but this was a helluva game)

5. Assassin's Creed 2 (Few games have made a fanbase fall in love with a game like this one) 

Special mentions to Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Fallout, Elder Scrolls and many more 

• Cheers 1

SNES:

1. image.jpeg.99b3f7e9ab8c912c00e557767f467138.jpeg  I know there were a couple of Street Fighter games released like Hyper and Turbo mode but I'll reserve top spot for the original.  The anticipation for this game at the time was unreal.  Still remember all the SFII tourneys we used to have.  

2. image.jpeg.caf8dd62008196db9a3ecabb67a98769.jpeg Another great party game, Koopa FTW

3. image.jpeg.4fa5922ef5136a20952cd8890d73d5b9.jpeg Probably my favorite music in any game to date.  I know FFIII gets a lot of love but I never got to play it.

4. image.jpeg.c70f65e9ada26aed0a805a1ac1a91ff7.jpeg Didn't play a lot of Zelda after this game but this gem was a classic back in the day. 

5. image.jpeg.8eb1fccb96cc615548ae15c4d4254b77.jpeg I loved this RPG and it opened me up to a whole new genres of RPGs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, Tre Mac said:

SNES:

1. image.jpeg.99b3f7e9ab8c912c00e557767f467138.jpeg  I know there were a couple of Street Fighter games released like Hyper and Turbo mode but I'll reserve top spot for the original.  The anticipation for this game at the time was unreal.  Still remember all the SFII tourneys we used to have.  

2. image.jpeg.caf8dd62008196db9a3ecabb67a98769.jpeg Another great party game, Koopa FTW

3. image.jpeg.4fa5922ef5136a20952cd8890d73d5b9.jpeg Probably my favorite music in any game to date.  I know FFIII gets a lot of love but I never got to play it.

4. image.jpeg.c70f65e9ada26aed0a805a1ac1a91ff7.jpeg Didn't play a lot of Zelda after this game but this gem was a classic back in the day. 

5. image.jpeg.8eb1fccb96cc615548ae15c4d4254b77.jpeg I loved this RPG and it opened me up to a whole new genres of RPGs.

Ogre battle was so good!  

• Cheers 1

Alright, from consoles I owned, no others.

NES - Bad News Baseball

Duck Hunt

Super Mario 3

Castlevania

Bionic Commando

Genesis - Mortal Kombat 2

Road Rash

X- Men

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Batman & Robin

SNES - Super Mario

Link to the Past