The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Finland | Semifinal | Jan. 04, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Terrible, terrible officiating.  Really ruins the game.

They completely ruined the Russia/Sweden game.  I really don't understand the desire to over officiate hockey in this era.  I want to see games played at 5v5 as much as possible.  Special teams shouldn't be the deciding factor in almost every game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's why I always say like them or not, NHL refs are the best in the world.  Reffing hockey is very very difficult.

If the standard is "not as bad as these guys", that's not "best" to me.

It is difficult but blatant missed calls, etc. offer no excuse, especially with all the tools available to them.  It's difficult in real time, sure.  But sometimes after the fact there are still big misses.  If you're truly "the best" this isn't happening.  Have to raise that bar it seems.

Anyhow, not the time or place but "best" is subjective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was a stupid play by the Finn.  Not like that's a new thing.......15 years ago therewould have been retaliation.

Stupid? Yes. 

Probably thought one of the 4 magoos would have seen the high stick, and was expecting a call. But sure, a dumb move.

Bad taste though. If that sequence happened against Canada, we'd be p'd as hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Seems as though World Junior officiating has always been an issue. 

We should have been penalized for that high stick and having their team go down 2 players as a result of the misconduct is ridiculous.

Still pissed about Hoglander ejected in the first during the Sweden game. He was just bracing himself. Was so obvious!

:picard:

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I liked it better when these games were on late at night like they used to be years ago. So when you get a stinker like this (it was game over after 5 minutes), you could go to bed. 

Every second year, that's what you get

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Stupid? Yes. 

Probably thought one of the 4 magoos would have seen the high stick, and was expecting a call. But sure, a dumb move.

Bad taste though. If that sequence happened against Canada, we'd be p'd as hell.

The high stick was the last infraction in that sequence.  Started with the slash on the stick in the Finn's zone started it and should have been called first.