The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Finland | Semifinal | Jan. 04, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hmmm, not me.  Blood pressure gets some relief with these ones.

Lol I dont get like that with world juniors or Olympics. Maybe its cause Canada is expected to win, and chances are the other team has a Canucks player or a prospect I'm quietly cheering for. I still want Canada to win but it's not like a Canucks game for me.

Canucks elimination playoff games take years off my life... worth it though :wub:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hmmm, not me.  Blood pressure gets some relief with these ones.

Yup its the weekend, just want to relax. I am enjoying this blood bath after what they did to us last year as well. Couldn't have asked for anything better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol I dont get like that with world juniors or Olympics. Maybe its cause Canada is expected to win, and chances are the other team has a Canucks player or a prospect I'm quietly cheering for. I still want Canada to win but it's not like a Canucks game for me.

Canucks elimination playoff games take years off my life... worth it though :wub:

I agree, I also have to remind myself during the juniors that they're just kids playing hockey.  

I get rattled way easier by canucks games more than international games. 

Obviously adult pros best on best like the Olympics is the highest international hockey. But there's something that the World Junior's offers that that doesn't. All that skill combined with speed, energy, youth, makes for some magical hockey to watch.  I don't understand those that won't watch WJ.  Tony Gallahger comes to mind.

7 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

100%. When you spend your time following and watching the same group of guys, to see them grow and finally get to the summit is a special feeling. Its a short tournament so its hard to really get to know the players. We haven't seen their growth either. Its definitely less intense of an atmosphere for me. Playoff games I have been so nervous that my hands are shaking and my teeth are chattering. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Obviously adult pros best on best like the Olympics is the highest international hockey. But there's something that the World Junior's offers that that doesn't. All that skill combined with speed, energy, youth, makes for some magical hockey to watch.  I don't understand those that won't watch WJ.  Tony Gallahger comes to mind.

Probably because the World Juniors is Olympic Hockey without being in the Olympics? 

• Thanks 1