The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He puts up decent points and he is a pretty solid 2 way dman but he doesn't really stand out in any exciting way. Good player for sure but not anything special at this point Of his career. Wouldn't go as far as calling him a treat to watch. 

ahh- didn't know that was consensus on him.

i think he's going to be really good tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wow....memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Vancouver_Canucks_season

Trading players for cash.

The BIG line: Bure Igor Greg. 

Bure with 34 goals.

Linden with 75 points. 

Gino with 348 penalty minutes. 

1st in the Smythe, 2nd in the Conference. 

Quinn won coach of the year. 

Bure won Rookie.

McLean was runner up for the Vezina.

That '91 Entry draft though :frantic:

16 minutes ago, 112 said:

I guess I don't know hockey considering all the confused reactions? He should be a 1st-pairing defenceman for a very long time and possibly consistent top-15 d-man throughout his prime. It's nice to watch him play in his rookie year even if he's not QH. He's on 40-point pace as a 21-year-old and quarterbacking their late-game empty net rush as the sole man at the point. A team that just outplayed us heavily trusts him with that. It's cool imo. Could someone tell me why I'm dumb?

I wouldn't take it personally, I guess a few people find it odd that you praise the other team's dman in the PGT.  No more, no less.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Series 1 tying goal to get to OT

+ OT winner to get to SCF

+ Game 1 OT winner

=Definitive evidence of a  the Dragon Slayer form the secret club of Dragon Slayers.

Must be a different club.  First of all, tying a game does not equate to slaying a dragon, secondly, the Toronto Maple Leafs were not a dragon, and finally as much as it pains me to say it, the dragon known as the NY Rangers were never slayed by a single win.

I love Adams, but the Burrows club of Dragon slayers actually finished the job against a team that eliminated the Canucks before.

The club you're referring to would likely include a stanchion and Bieksa.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It may be 29 years too late, but I'm going to try to make the nick name stick for Alex "Magic Beans" Stojanov

Funniest thing is I was actually upset. Because I liked how guys like Stojanov and Namestikov played. Lol. Boy was I wrong!

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Fire Green boys where you at? 

I'm surprised they haven't said something like Marky is winning the games and making him look good or something to that effect.

Good to see the usual suspects for complaints (Myers and Eriksson) getting the job done to silence that crowd as well.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1