Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wow....memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Vancouver_Canucks_season

 

Trading players for cash.

The BIG line: Bure Igor Greg. 

Bure with 34 goals.

Linden with 75 points. 

Gino with 348 penalty minutes. 

1st in the Smythe, 2nd in the Conference. 

Quinn won coach of the year. 

Bure won Rookie.

McLean was runner up for the Vezina.

 

I was living in Ukraine and I started following Canucks that year because of Bure.

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xereau said:

  

You are mistaking the system for poor play and laziness.


They are instructed to force the play to the outside, and to even give the other team the puck, as long as they get it out.

 

It works when every player on the ice buys in.


That being said, it's a pretty blue collar system and it will eventually be picked apart by other teams.

agree to disagree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A win is a win

Thank you Marky

Tuesday it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rekker said:

Marky's turnaround coincided with Kelly Hrudeys comments last year on HNIC. "He will never be a starting goalie". I give Hrudey credit in that he owned up to it weeks later on air but what a stupid thing to say. I thought last night when Hrudey was commenting on Marky you could tell his previous comments were still in his head. Like he was picking his words carefully. Real, real happy for Marky. 

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but no one thought he was going to be an actual starting goalie that late into his career. Marky was not even close at that time. He let in an incredible amount of early and soft goals and had no confidence, and for his whole career up until mid-season last year. What Ian Clarke has been able to do with him is mind-boggling. I mean, he's now an all-star and an early Vezina nominee candidate. That's insane, and no one could have predicted this level of turnaround. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Our faceoff stats are unreal. Please throw enough money at Manny Malhotra to keep him here forever. 

Completely agree. 

  • Burr 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo really seems to have his jump back 

 

the difference these last few games has been very noticeable 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rekker said:

For sure. I am by no means a fan of LE but he had a great defensive game last night, had his legs and mojo going. That's the guy I want on the ice in a close game with time ticking down. 

Yes, and not just a defensive game. He assisted on the first goal and while he didn't get an assist on the winning goal, fighting to keep his butt in their goalie's face definitely contributed towards Myer's game winner. An excellent all round game for LE.

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but no one thought he was going to be an actual starting goalie that late into his career. Marky was not even close at that time. He let in an incredible amount of early and soft goals and had no confidence, and for his whole career up until mid-season last year. What Ian Clarke has been able to do with him is mind-boggling. I mean, he's now an all-star and an early Vezina nominee candidate. That's insane, and no one could have predicted this level of turnaround. 

Quite a few of us here thought he would 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VforVirtanen said:

Our faceoff stats are unreal. Please throw enough money at Manny Malhotra to keep him here forever. 

Don't forget Green knows a little something about faceoffs too. Still holds the NHL record for most faceoff wins in a single game. He might be having some input too.

  • Thanks 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WZRD said:

DD7FB86A-68B5-4945-B74F-4C16B60FEB80.gif

Winner!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Quite a few of us here thought he would 

Sorry, I should've said pretty much everyone in the hockey world except a few CDC oracles :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but no one thought he was going to be an actual starting goalie that late into his career. Marky was not even close at that time. He let in an incredible amount of early and soft goals and had no confidence, and for his whole career up until mid-season last year. What Ian Clarke has been able to do with him is mind-boggling. I mean, he's now an all-star and an early Vezina nominee candidate. That's insane, and no one could have predicted this level of turnaround. 

Still a dumb thing for Hrudey to say. I've watched maybe ten thousand games. I don't think I've ever heard a commentator say a goalie will never be a starter. Marky had his struggles before his breakout but you could still see the potential in the big guy. He would have some stellar games just struggle with consistency. As a lot of goalies do before becoming legit number ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cuporbust said:

And he has been hot for almost a full season now if u include the second half of last. I think its more then just "being hot" . It's being elite. 

Agreed.

 

My comment was about the entire team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Still a dumb thing for Hrudey to say. I've watched maybe ten thousand games. I don't think I've ever heard a commentator say a goalie will never be a starter. Marky had his struggles before his breakout but you could still see the potential in the big guy. He would have some stellar games just struggle with consistency. As a lot of goalies do before becoming legit number ones. 

I agree with all of this, but I still believe that there was little faith across the board he would have such a turnaround at this stage in his career, after many, many seasons of being a career backup quality goalie statistically. 

 

Knowing this is CDC, I should clarify that I'm a huge Marky supporter and think he's our MVP this year. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Woo. 7th straight. Let's hope we do well on this 5 game road trip.

 

gettyimages-500477043-612x612.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I agree with all of this, but I still believe that there was little faith across the board he would have such a turnaround at this stage in his career, after many, many seasons of being a career backup quality goalie statistically. 

 

Knowing this is CDC, I should clarify that I'm a huge Marky supporter and think he's our MVP this year. 

100 percent. I'd be lying if I said I knew Marky would be where he is today. Real happy for the big guy. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.