The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ GDT] Canucks @ Lightning, January 7, 2020 - 4:00 PM PST -- Streak vs Streak Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

yea, totally lost after 7 straight wins, facing a stanley cup contender, with the one of most potent offense in the league. totally lost rofl

Everyone has bad nights. Markstrom has 6 wins in a row and look at him... he got shaken out hard. Green lost control of this, it happened too quick and he should have calmed things down sooner. Even he would admit it (and likely will) after the game during the post game that he dropped the ball.

• Cheers 1

We seem to play defending the forecheck the same as our passive PK  Allow them to pass around and set up and get grade A chances. Relying on Markstrom, and hoping to get the rebound.  But when Marky is having a bad game, the passive defense doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

My only problem when we are losing is we have no physical pushback without Ferland. Schaller thinks he's a goal scorer and has forgotten is role, Beagle likes to start things and then hide behind his teammate. 

It’s true. The team is inexplicably neutered right now. It’s pathetic to see. 

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

My only problem when we are losing is we have no physical pushback without Ferland. Schaller thinks he's a goal scorer and has forgotten is role, Beagle likes to start things and then hide behind his teammate. 

Without Ferland? He's played 14 games this season 

7 games was a good run, enough to at least fool ourselves into thinking that this is a playoff team.

Myers goofed but Edler and Stecher have also been crappy all night.

The thing that bothered me the most was that piss poor defensive zone play that resulted in a penalty that Tampa scored on. That is ALL on Travis Green and his staff. That is where this crap started tonight.

Just now, timmylu1 said:

Everyone calm way down, these guys just won 7 in a row... you all loved them and cheered for them and now you turn on them after one bad period??? This fanbase is a disgrace. 

A fluke,they never seem prepared and win games on their power plays.When things go wrong they have no answers.

• Wat 2

Just now, timmylu1 said:

Everyone calm way down, these guys just won 7 in a row... you all loved them and cheered for them and now you turn on them after one bad period??? This fanbase is a disgrace. 

I didn't haha. I mean, I'm rooting for them, but Green is an epic (EPIC) failure in tough situations. Multiple opportunites to challenge and timeout tonight but yeah. Just look glum bud, that'll work.

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

If Edler and Myers both are trying to out do each other? No may we even come close to competing. Teams know we can’t defend the cycle and are feasting on that. 

It's not that they can't they are coached not to lol