The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ GDT] Canucks @ Lightning, January 7, 2020 - 4:00 PM PST -- Streak vs Streak Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

6 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

images (2).jpeg

I liked the trade from day one though. Captain hindsight only applies to all the people complaining about the Joulevi, Virtanen picks and Eriksson signing, you can't have it both ways. What about the Myers signing? Looks pretty good right now too. I was in the group of lets see how it pans out rather than pretend you've iso'd every one of his shifts in the last three years and are an expert NHL scout. 

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Going to get some hate here but lately some of these GDT contain way too much fluff.  The page takes minutes to load and half the stuff is still invisible.  Why can't the first post just be the vitals and the OP can add all the meme's and tweets in the second post.  I just want to know the lineups not clips from previous games or tweets.  I know a lot of work goes into these but if half the stuff doesn't load it's kind of pointless.  

Iareseriouscat.jpg?1318992465

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Looking for a huge game from the vets:

Edler has always elevated his game when playing against Hedman - it's a Swedish mentor/mentoree thing

JT9 will play like a man possessed

Beagle starred in a few epic Washington - Tampa match ups

In his prime with Boston, LE owned the Bolts - lets hope Loui drinks from the fountain of youth this breakfast !!

Marky is ........ well, Marky

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Going to get some hate here but lately some of these GDT contain way too much fluff.  The page takes minutes to load and half the stuff is still invisible.  Why can't the first post just be the vitals and the OP can add all the meme's and tweets in the second post.  I just want to know the lineups not clips from previous games or tweets.  I know a lot of work goes into these but if half the stuff doesn't load it's kind of pointless.  

Lately?  They've been ridiculous for some time noe

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Streak vs Streak, it is actually even more strange if you dive right in these teams are as closely mirrored  as 2 teams can be.

Gp   G   A    pts

Hedman              39   9    30    39                              Hughes     41  4    26     30   

Shattenkirk          41  7    19     26                              Edler         32   4    16     20
Sergachev           41  6    15     21                              Myers       42   4    10     14 
McDonagh           40   1   10     11                              Tanev       42   2    10     12
Cernak                 38   2    4       6                               Stecher    42   2     5        7
Rutta                    21   1    3       4                               Benn        36   0     6        6
Schenn                15    1    0      1                           Fantenberg   15   1     1       2

Ok so they might have the Canucks beat on defence but our defence looks like it could play better defence.
Forwards and here it gets stranger

Kucherov    40   14   31  45                                Petterson    42   19   25   44
Stamkos     38   16   23  39                                Miller           42   15   25   40
Point           38   17   18  35                                Boeser        42   13   26   39
Killorn         39   16   19  35                                Horvat         42   12   23   35
Cirelli          40    9   18   27                                Pearson      42   12    18   30
Palat           41  12   13   25                                Virtanen      42   12    12   24
Johnson     36   9    10   19                                 Leivo           36    7    12   19            
Gourde       41   6    12   18                                Gaudette     32    8    10    18
Maroon       39    5    8     13                               Sutter          22    5      3     8
Paquette     33    4     7    11                               Roussel       14    5      2     7
Joseph        34    4     3     7                                Ferland       14    1      4     5
Verhaeghe   28   2     4      6                               Erikson        23    2     2     4

I could do goaltenders as well Canucks have a slight advantage.

This game could easily come down to bottom 6 forward in which TBL has the slight lead (Mostly due to Canucks current injuries) or it could be one goaltender out plays the other. Or it could be one teams best players out producing the other teams best players. There are so many scenarios how this game could go. I'm sure of one thing it will be an intersting one.

If you would have said at the beginning of the season that the Canucks would be very similar statistically to the pres trophy defending lightning at the half way point, you would prob be laughed out of town and called a homer.

The boys are blowing their expectations out of the water!

• Cheers 4

8 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

There would normally  be no shame in losing to the Lightning, but not tomorrow. The Canucks earned their 7 game streak the hard way while Tampa came across a soft point in their schedule only having beat one play off team in their streak. 

Montreal (twice)

Ottawa

Buffalo

Detroit

Florida

Carolina 

Well said.   Bet TB is at least a little scared or worried playing us -  considering the teams we beat and how many goals the teams been scoring .... and how JM can shut the door (two of the seven wins we're definitely mostly him)....like our chances...

Also happy to NOT see that dirty puke Danick Martel. Last time we played the Bolts in Vancouver last year, he was going after Petey and cheap shotted Stetcher. That was where I lost respect for local BC boy Cooper after he fist pumped Martel for taking Stetcher out of the game. Absolutely disgusting and happy that lil rat is riding the bus in Syracuse. $@!# him and screw Cooper too!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

You're right, gonna have to score a lot of goals.

Can see us getting hemmed in over and over again though. Tampa's possession game is insane, that collapsing box $&!# will not fly against them.

Looks like it should be a high scoring game.

you hit on on the head, Lucky. I don't know that Baumer has any other ideas tho.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hughes have his highest minutes of the season tonight, he's going to have to carry that puck out on his own a lot this game. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Little Things Update

Since Eriksson has been added to the Horvat line

6 games

Eriksson- 3P - +6

Pearson- 8P- +7

Horvat- 8P- +8

Previous 6 games

Pearson- 3P-  -6

Horvat- 3p-   -5

I hope Green doesn't do a knee jerk reaction when Sutter or Ferland get back by taking Eriksson out of the lineup. It's the best they've played all year.

Eriksson may not be the fastest or the most physical player, but he is probably the smartest defensive forward we have with his positioning and stick work in particular. He works well with protecting Bo's and Pearson's heavy forecheck game so it doesn't back fire coming the other way.

Keep the band rocking together Travis!

yeah I like most thought that Loui had nothing left, nice to see him take this opportunity and do something good with it. I don't think Green wants to mess with this lineup one bit, even if/when Sutter and Ferkie are back, which I suspect won't be for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1