The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, brownky said:

1) Markstrom is playing too much.

2) The Canucks were starting to get too cute, too confident and a bit lazy over the last couple games. They got super lucky to win that gross snoozefest against the Rangers and I think the win in Chicago was a bit of an undeserved affair too... lucked out facing an average goalie on a bad night.

3) At least it was kept under 10

4) Tampa woke up from their Columbus drubbing last year I guess.

5) FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

Lehner is not an average goaltender.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

The article mentions a loss of 9-1 against the Ducks in 2014, which is the reason for the article. So 6 years ago and we loss by 7 goals as opposed to the 8 or more criteria there.

Of course, I am not happy for this big loss and closed of the winning streak.

Overall the team is young with some valuable cores. Our future is still bright.

Green should call time off in the 2nd period, and pull Marky earlier.

He was loss of confident after the 3-2 goal and should let him rest, that is benefit for the coming games.

Can somebody with a better hockey mind please explain to me our defensive coverage. 

Time and time again, I notice that opposing teams have their way in our zone. I notice that our team sticks to this "box" and allows the opposing team to cycle and hold on to the puck. As it stands, our best hope is that the team coughs it up or we get a blocked shot. I never see our wingers try to challenge platers on the half boards. When the puck goes into the boards, our players do not go for it and elect to sit back and allow teams to shoot around.

I noticed Tampa + many other teams stopping the cycle on the boards and I see how effective that is. I think one reason why Markstrom has to stand on his head most nights is because of the amount of time we let teams cycle in our zone. It is so frustrating to watch and was very prominent in the Chicago game (which i believe was the reason they kept coming back) 

I can see this as an issue in the playoffs when we are up by one goal and the intensity increases. When given that much time to set up and cycle, most teams, especially good ones will find the back of the net.

I hope i'm not the only one frustrated by this! However, I am hoping someone with a better hockey mind to explain to me why we resort to this and the benefits of it!

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

This team needs a Kadri, Kane, or Kesler type of player imo.

Kadri left a guy leaking tonight.

what about Rooster?

and this fan bases hate for Mccann?

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Jake tried

Jake was not involved at all in the scrum that ensued after his hit