The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

whatever on to the next wake up call for the team to play better.. i mean even during the 7 game winning streak they weren't exactly the dominant team most of the time it was thx to markstrom bailing them out. vegas pittsburgh kings blackhawks at times rangers they all played better than us despite us winning. easily coulda lost them all if markstrom didn't bail them out most of those nights.. they need to play better and harder.. can't just have mental lapse and take a sshift off here and there.. on to the next to right the ship

• Like 1

This is the first time I've seen this team collapse like that.

I didn't get to watch this game but it seems like we were in it until the 3rd/4th goal.

Defense fell apart, Marky was rattled, and then the team caved.

Hope this is a big learning experience for everyone. Bo, Markstrom, Green, and the entire team.

You have to stop the bleeding early on.

This is vital to understand before we make the playoffs.

No...just no...just.....no! The team was fine after 1st and then??? i mean really, u got to at least get in the way when they start to score on faceoffs. the positions they got clean shots on marky was like.....bad. Tampa outplayed by being heavier and tactical with high pressure. This is one of those games where someone like ferland would have made a difference. Not that it woul have had a big impact when the team collapses like this. Theres nothing to learn from this, other then morale and commitment has got to be elevated and remember we are a team that is a lot better then this. 

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The article mentions a loss of 9-1 against the Ducks in 2014, which is the reason for the article. So 6 years ago and we loss by 7 goals as opposed to the 8 or more criteria there.

Thanks for the correction worst since 2014, I was just going down the list and failed to read the intro.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

whatever on to the next wake up call for the team to play better.. i mean even during the 7 game winning streak they weren't exactly the dominant team most of the time it was thx to markstrom bailing them out. vegas pittsburgh kings blackhawks at times rangers they all played better than us despite us winning. easily coulda lost them all if markstrom didn't bail them out most of those nights.. they need to play better and harder.. can't just have mental lapse and take a sshift off here and there.. on to the next to right the ship

your right they are not a dominant team. people want them to be but they are still growing in the players they need to dominate. they are depending on great goaltending until they reach that point. while the top players are playing well, they are not dominate yet. tampa bay is a lot further along than we are. the team will improve and should be more of a finished product in 2 years. TB exsposed a lot of our weak areas. as embarrassing as the score was to the players, they can’t dwell on this game. take it out on florida. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Let’s just forget this one and move on. Kinda concerned about Boesers inability to score this season. Markstrom had a bad game but our Ds allowed the Lightning guys to shoot for free in the slot area. Again, it’s not the end of the world. We are bound to have a game like this and the streak will end eventually.

10 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

the seven game win streak was making practices boring as we were playing flawless hockey throughout

at least now green has some "teachable moments" now to show the boys in the video room

Ya those were my thoughts. The boys can learn a lot from this.

4 hours ago, iBlueGreen said:

Thanks for the correction worst since 2014, I was just going down the list and failed to read the intro.

I feel like we've had some pretty bad nights since that article. But I can't remember, which is probably a good thing that I have erased those bad memories.

6 hours ago, Tystick said:

This is the first time I've seen this team collapse like that.

I didn't get to watch this game but it seems like we were in it until the 3rd/4th goal.

Defense fell apart, Marky was rattled, and then the team caved.

Hope this is a big learning experience for everyone. Bo, Markstrom, Green, and the entire team.

You have to stop the bleeding early on.

This is vital to understand before we make the playoffs.

Washington 5-1 to lose 6-5

Wasn't  there another big loss in like November? 

I really don’t see how people think we were good in the 1st. Other than one turnover in their zone they were taking it to us literally all period, and all game. At no point did we have any stability. Marky played great in the first, they had 7 quality scoring chances on 9 shots in the first. Eventually a team that good will punish you. And they did. They schooled us beginning to end. Learn from it, and move on.

• Cheers 1