The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 hours ago, skategal said:

Given all the breaks Markstrom has had, including Christmas and that Demko played recently in the back to back, I hardly think he is overtired from playing too much.  Yes, there was a stretch when Demko was injured that Marky played a lot, but he's had quite a bit of rest since then.  

That's just it.  Its about not waiting until he actually IS overtired.  Not just physically, but mentally, and the pressure of being the #1 night after night.  It might not even have been relevant that last game. But still, its about pacing oneself at the bottom of the hill, (or half ways up at least), before one even feels the need to,  in order to not be panting heavily when you get near the top.  Not to mention more possibility for injury with an overworked body.  I see it happen every year. Obviously Green would love to play Marky every night if he could. He's clearly our best, experienced, consistent goaltender. Its a big temptation for Green before every game to keep playing him til he stumbles, or gets injured, and then go to Demko. He hast to not wait for that to happen, and give Demko  more percentage of starts in the second half no matter how well Marky is playing

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PRACTICE | Antoine Roussel

First of all wow. Rouss has quickly become one of my favourite all time canucks. The way he plays and the way he speaks, stand up guy. We are beyond blessed to have him.

Second of all, is there anyway to get a share link for these vids you post which aren't from youutube? or does it just directly have to be the actual post link? Want to just send the video into whatsapp like youtube or insta does but can't figure out the player share url only the post on CDC

Edit: derp got it... didn't realize you could right click on the video itself and it links to twitter

Edited by apollo

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

First of all wow. Rouss has quickly become one of my favourite all time canucks. The way he plays and the way he speaks, stand up guy. We are beyond blessed to have him.

Second of all, is there anyway to get a share link for these vids you post which aren't from youutube? or does it just directly have to be the actual post link? Want to just send the video into whatsapp like youtube or insta does but can't figure out the player share url only the post on CDC

Most of these videos are available on Canucks.com or NHL.com I think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Edit: derp got it... didn't realize you could right click on the video itself and it links to twitter

One of your all time faves? That's quite a flock you have there Apollo.

• Like 1

Holy mother of Duck ! 

I missed the game last night and just saw the score and threw up in my mouth a little 

Silver lining 

At least there’s was no doubt the streak was over not a painful 1-0 loss or something just a good old fashion butt kicking. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

One of your all time faves? That's quite a flock you have there Apollo.

Started watching 2001 so it's not that long of a list:

Bertuzzi, Naslund, B Mo, Jovo, Ohlund, Salo, The Cooker, Cloutier, Daniel, Henrik, Burrows, Hansen, Kesler, Rick Rypien, John Garrett, Edler, Tanev, Brock, Bo, Elias, Quinn, JT and Ryan Miller, Rooussssssss, big game bonino... Oh Marky too :P

Gonna leave Roberto Florida off my list, even though he was the best goalie in the NHL consistently during his tenure as a Canuck. 

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm not to worried about Jake and that's one of the reasons it scares me to think of trading Jake cause he enjoys hit but we lacks a juice to back him up like burr. 

This team needs a Kesler ( I want Dylan halloway cause he reminds of kesler) 

we need a domi to off set Bo's nice side. I

Our team needs a dirt bag lol 

That starts from coaching green wants a hard working smart team not a hard noise team...

Unfortunately for Green and the entire league in general, they chased away the these types of guys that every team used to have (some three or four).   We can't except Green to show tape of Neely to JV and Pronger to Myers and change them into HHOFers with snarl (we all know how what went with Willy D and Tree's video time ha ha) players are either that way or are not.  

The closest thing we have to it is Roussel and Ferland.   But we do have quite a few guys that have size and use it too, at least compared to other teams.   

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Unfortunately for Green and the entire league in general, they chased away the these types of guys that every team used to have (some three or four).   We can't except Green to show tape of Neely to JV and Pronger to Myers and change them into HHOFers with snarl (we all know how what went with Willy D and Tree's video time ha ha) players are either that way or are not.  

The closest thing we have to it is Roussel and Ferland.   But we do have quite a few guys that have size and use it too, at least compared to other teams.   

Oh I agree but I think coaching is keeping Jake from make those big hits cause they want him to be a 200ft player and I get that but hitters need freedom just like skill guys.

Also the growth of Jake , we all saw how he played with DD and Burr and now we are seeing what he can do with more back up like Miller and rooster and

Ferland. 

Also Bo has shown meanness at times so it's there but I think Bo is more focus on scoring. 

If you want players to play mean then they need a mean sob to lead them or be one of the leaders like kes. 

Also Green should be green lighting guys , telling guys play the body more then puck. 

green coaches a smart 200ft game not a hard noise two way game....

Av had no problems telling glass to go fight guys bigger then him so why won't Green tell Jake every time Mcdavid has the puck plaster him?....

hitting is contagious but we need a coach that gives rope to the hitters or firing them up, hell tell Jake in the video room mcdavid said he was a punk axx bxxxx and see if that helps fire him up. Jake plays with meanness but his a burrows tough guy.....

so it's not like it's the Sedins down there.....

Both those two have shown they do have a mean side , it just needs to be encouraged and embraced. 

Edit * that's why your seeing guys like Jake and Zacha or Crouse taken way higher in the draft then pasted years.  Why who ever gets Halloway is getting a stud. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

We needed to play tight point defense, our sweeper on the forwards (or high man) needed to play lower and that would have drastically changed the offense of the Tampa Bay lightning. You don't give a skill team room to cycle and play with the puck. 

Absolutely no backup plan against these skill teams. We dominated them on the pk when we gave them no room and hilariously we decided to play passive defense against them the rest of the game haha. 

Markstrom needed to be elite to steal another game and we didn't get his normal performance so this team ultimately looked like a dumpster fire defensively. As most having watched and played the game for decades would easily be able to see was coming. 

And then on top of that you have guys literally giving up on plays and that's how you lose by a touchdown. 

Agree 

for a pro team it’s absolutely unforgivable to not to be able to break a cycle 

midget team do a better job of playing the body and removing players from the cycle 

not sire why I coaching staff can’t get that basic system implemented 

5 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Honestly if I could get the Canadians GM stoned I would trade Loui for Shea weber cause weber plays a style that would fit perfectly with Hughes and weber will be end up on ltir before his contract is over....

all honestly I think Jim goes after Reeves this summer or Josh Anderson. 

I think a protector is what our line up needs. Makes everybody play bigger. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Edler was directly responsible for at least 5 of those goals ...either by taking a penalty or by giving away pizza's....Myers gave one of those up as well.

That was a big regression on Edler's part and the main reason we lost....not the goalies.

While he was having a good season, it is stuff like this were he starts screwing up and it just gets worse as the game goes on.

I can't wait until we get Joulevi and Rathbone or Rafferty up and play Edler as a #5 ...

Juolevi / Hughes

Myers /  Rafferty or Rathbone

Edler / Stecher

That is how it should look by sometime next year.... 

Lol juolevi haven't even played enough to even consider a call up to even play a game in the NHL nor did he look like a top pairing caliber defenseman in the ahl and you already think he's a top pairing defenseman lol. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol juolevi haven't even played enough to even consider a call up to even play a game in the NHL nor did he look like a top pairing caliber defenseman in the ahl and you already think he's a top pairing defenseman lol. 

But it works in nhl 2k....

:bigblush: