The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

lol not quite. It's a crap website that can't be trusted, don't really care what their leanings are. There are much better right wing sources. 

You present this poster with evidence that they made false claims and are clearly biased, and somehow it's a genetic fallacy.

37 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

And all of those media outlets have made false claims as well.

3 hours ago, inane said:

flying in a rough neighbourhood? does he know how planes work?

"Planes?  You mean my aerial KFC restaurant?" - Trump, most likey.

Image result for trump eating kfc air force 1

image.jpeg.93040f1c6744f919c521951337863afd.jpeg

Image result for trump eating kfc air force 1

image.jpeg

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

My initial thought was that the Iranians were on high alert after the missile attack. They were prepared for missile and or aircraft attack by the U.S. Most of their armament has been procured from Soviets or its homemade. They for some reason got trigger happy or accidentally fired on the plane out of fear. Anyone who has been under the attack during the war or was waiting for one, knows what i am talking about. That was my gut feeling and i am staying with it until i get proven otherwise.

Perhaps, but it is weird that they shot down a plane that departed from their own airport. Plane mainly Iranians, but 0 Americans.  Not saying it isn't possible, but hard to trust news these days, esp out of the US or the white house. 

Regardless, a tough spot for Canada.  Wonder what JT will do.  Definitely don't go to war over this. Lives matter, but there are ways to honor them without a war that results in more Canadian deaths.  I still blame Trump for escalating all this in order to distract from impeachment.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That's kind of a like an overtime loss in hockey^_^

Meh. Happens all the time....

Ambulance chaser sees a chance to sue a big corporation and throws a ridiculous number at them...big corp decides it isn't worth the bad publicity and cuts them a check for a few k, so they'll frack off....

Rest assured, the racist punk in the red dunce cap will show his true colors eventually and because of this publicity, we'll all hear about it.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, DefCon1 said:

Not sure, but the reason why Iranians wont give up the blackbox is due to sanctions and the fact that they want to do their own investigations. The flight was away from the missiles trajectory and the Ukrainian flight was still in Iranian air space close to the airport so I really doubt the plane was hit by a missile.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, DefCon1 said:

You guys are over thinking. This is just a crash due to mechanical issues, its really a coincident. Why would there be missile attacks on a civilian passenger plane? And some people are saying that it was on fire before crashing, so there goes the theory of accidental SAM hit. 

Really..

Intelligence indicates Flight PS752 was shot down by Iran: Trudeau

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. Happens all the time....

Ambulance chaser sees a chance to sue a big corporation and throws a ridiculous number at them...big corp decides it isn't worth the bad publicity and cuts them a check for a few k, so they'll frack off....

Rest assured, the racist punk in the red dunce cap will show his true colors eventually and because of this publicity, we'll all hear about it.

Doesn't he have lawsuits pending against other media corporations like WAPO ?  Should be interesting to see how those play out after this settlement. Seems like he is due to collect a hefty sum I imagine he received more than a few grand but who knows. Hopefully it gets leaked like everything seems to these days. A bit premature to label him a racist punk

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Doesn't he have lawsuits pending against other media corporations like WAPO ?  Should be interesting to see how those play out after this settlement. Seems like he is due to collect a hefty sum I imagine he received more than a few grand but who knows. Hopefully it gets leaked like everything seems to these days. A bit premature to label him a racist punk

Disagree. I saw the video of the encounter between him and the native guy. A racist punk is what he is....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

If I’m not mistaken, I believe the suite against the Washington Post was thrown out. 

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Disagree. I saw the video of the encounter between him and the native guy. A racist punk is what he is....

Perhaps the focus of those videos should have been on the real racists involvement, the Hebrew Israelites, but of course that is all forgotten about now that there is some kid to villainize for smirking wit a maga hat on.

35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And all of those media outlets have made false claims as well.

EVERY news outlet, including every MSM outlet have made "false claims" before. But one has to determine whether such false claims are the result of an error of omission or error of commission. Just like your comment, for now I trust your comment was an error of commission, rather than omission.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

EVERY news outlet, including every MSM outlet have made "false claims" before. But one has to determine whether such false claims are the result of an error of omission or error of commission. Just like your comment, for now I trust your comment was an error of commission, rather than omission.

Error of commission: These types of errors occur due to the negligence of book-keeper, clerk or accountant. As errors of commission are often caused due to the mistake committed by the clerk, they are also called as clerical errors.

Most MSM outlets aren't clerical or bookkeeping companies, but keep on using these terms that barely relate to the subject matter.

31 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Coast to Coast AM says the plane crash was a failed alien abduction. I'm going with that as it is more feasible than what I'm hearing right now from either side.

Was Tsoukalakousous on as a guest because if he said it then you know it has to be Aliens!!

Thu 9 Jan 2020 20:55:10 GMT

The New York Times says it has verified the video

• appears to show an Iranian missile hitting a plane above Parand, near Tehran's airport
  • A small explosion occurred when a missile hit the plane
  • the plane did not explode
  • it continued flying for several minutes and turned back toward the airport before it exploded and crashed quickly, other videos verified by The Times showed

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

• appears to show an Iranian missile hitting a plane above Parand, near Tehran's airport
  • it continued flying for several minutes and turned back toward the airport before it exploded and crashed quickly, other videos verified by The Times showed

sick bastards. What is the point of this? 

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really..

I imagine JT in this case is more credible. 

Canadas response however likely be nothing. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Perhaps, but it is weird that they shot down a plane that departed from their own airport. Plane mainly Iranians, but 0 Americans.  Not saying it isn't possible, but hard to trust news these days, esp out of the US or the white house. 

Regardless, a tough spot for Canada.  Wonder what JT will do.  Definitely don't go to war over this. Lives matter, but there are ways to honor them without a war that results in more Canadian deaths.  I still blame Trump for escalating all this in order to distract from impeachment.  

If you can't actually inflict damage to the US directly (at least without becoming a parking lot overnight), you do the next best thing, hit the weaker links.  This move will get Canadians riled up against US foreign policies, which may potentially impact the US economically, politically, etc.  

It is definitely weird that they would shoot down plane flying from Iran.  Either this is some calculated move or there may be someone in charge with trigger fingers or poor command structure.  

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I imagine JT in this case is more credible. 

Canadas response however likely be nothing. 

Could Canada (special forces aside) really compete with Iran's armed forces?

Cant say i am up to date on the respective military forces (specially Iranian) but think that we probably could do nothing outside of sanctions (which coming from Canada probably do nothing compared to what they are already under anyway). 

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really..

But his amateur opinion is enough to discredit the “so called experts”.  You know the experts who make a living off plane safety. Gut feelings alway discredit years of experience, source creditability, and soon (we will see) to be the opinion of the Canadian PM

• Wat 1