The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner

CBH1926

Just now, Ronaldoescobar said:

Could Canada (special forces aside) really compete with Iran's armed forces?

Cant say i am up to date on the respective military forces (specially Iranian) but think that we probably could do nothing outside of sanctions (which coming from Canada probably do nothing compared to what they are already under anyway). 

Well Canada certainly has a technological advantage, however if the US does go to war with Iran Canada should send a significant force, frigates, submarines and fighter jets.

“We have intelligence from multiple sources, including our allies and our own intelligence. The evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. This may well have been unintentional,” the prime minister said Thursday afternoon at a news conference.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Error of commission: These types of errors occur due to the negligence of book-keeper, clerk or accountant. As errors of commission are often caused due to the mistake committed by the clerk, they are also called as clerical errors.

Most MSM outlets aren't clerical or bookkeeping companies, but keep on using these terms that barely relate to the subject matter.

Ever hear of a lie of omission vs commission? I guess not. Better stick to commenting on hockey until you get your logic skills under control....

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/lying-definition/

https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron/papers.htm/oc.html

https://philosopherinthemirror.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/sins-of-commission-and-the-logic-of-omission/

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I imagine JT in this case is more credible. 

Canadas response however likely be nothing. 

I'm not sure why you say that. We can still impose more sanctions. We can work to convince our other trade partners to cut them off as well, given that their citizens may also be at risk of this kind of thing. And we do have a few CF-18s that we can add to a mission led by the US.

2 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Ever hear of a lie of omission vs commission? I guess not. Better stick to commenting on hockey until you get your logic skills under control....

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/lying-definition/

https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron/papers.htm/oc.html

https://philosopherinthemirror.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/sins-of-commission-and-the-logic-of-omission/

You stated an error of commission, not a lie of commission. Errors of commission or omission are most commonly referred to in accounting and bookkeeping. I get that you want to somehow justify being gullible enough to trust an outlet as farcical and fallible as the gateway pundit.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well Canada certainly has a technological advantage, however if the US does go to war with Iran Canada should send a significant force, frigates, submarines and fighter jets.

“We have intelligence from multiple sources, including our allies and our own intelligence. The evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. This may well have been unintentional,” the prime minister said Thursday afternoon at a news conference.

@ForsbergTheGreat it's not JT I trust its canadas secret intelligence I trust.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not sure why you say that. We can still impose more sanctions. We can work to convince our other trade partners to cut them off as well, given that their citizens may also be at risk of this kind of thing. And we do have a few CF-18s that we can add to a mission led by the US.

Canada could send a frigate or two and take part in naval strikes with the US. They have a significant carrier group for cover.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

@ForsbergTheGreat it's not JT I trust its canadas secret intelligence I trust.

Canada could send a frigate or two and take part in naval strikes with the US. They have a significant carrier group for cover.

we're a small power, there's only so much we can do. But we will do what we can. 

Even with Trump lighting the match that started this, I don't see how we break with the US over it. Its a lousy choice but other than sanctions I don't see how we can have a meaningful military response on our own. 

25 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Perhaps the focus of those videos should have been on the real racists involvement, the Hebrew Israelites, but of course that is all forgotten about now that there is some kid to villainize for smirking wit a maga hat on.

Meh. It's possible for both to be racists....but only one is suing for 800 millions dollars....

Of course, I suppose I should cut him some slack...he's only suing the old, native guy for 5 million....

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Signed up for a free NY Times account to watch the video... definitely see a missile rising up and then exploding, then a second object on fire momentarily and moving off at a different angle from the missile path.

Horrible. Thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we're a small power, there's only so much we can do. But we will do what we can. 

Even with Trump lighting the match that started this, I don't see how we break with the US over it. Its a lousy choice but other than sanctions I don't see how we can have a meaningful military response on our own. 

I just told you how. Launch missiles from sea.

Also fighter jet strikes.

• Cheers 1