The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Rasmus Andersson

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

You have to pay up to keep people living in Calgary. It's also why teachers make more, dental hygienists, well, everyone. It's Calgary.

Oof. What does that say about LE and the Canucks?

43 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

say bye to brodie 

That has been coming for a while.

Great with Gio, not so great otherwise.  He was in never / never land when they had Hamilton.

Maybe, just maybe, even likely?  They will be sellers this deadline? Even likely...

Hamonic & Brodie would make up a LOT of the 1st rounders they expended in recent years.  While they still have Razzy, Hanifin, Lindholm, Johnny Hockey & (cough) Monahan.  A quick retool.

And they could be relevant for a while!

37 minutes ago, Monty said:

That’s my boy! Has one of the hardest shots on the backend in the league. RHD, at that, so his value is even higher. Second full season right now, and he’s poised to finish somewhere between 20-25 points. Lots to come from the Flames future #1 PP QB.

Might be a tad optimistic. But yes, a good overall player.

Be interesting to see if, long term, its Valimaki or Hanifin with Andersson. Both on the top line, and who gets PP time. I suspect they will again hit the market, or draft for a real PP QB. I agree Andersson has a nice shot.  He has speed. I am not sure it is explosive. I also question if he has the puck dexterity and vision of a true PP QB? 

A great 2knd round pick regardless. They also got Kylington then by memory.  Not as effective, but still helpful. Curious if he has any upside to surface. He scored a hat trick when sent to Stockton in November.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Calgary is a nice city.  Very world class, great economy.  An hour & 20 minutes from Banff. 

Better weather than Edmonton, Winnipeg.

I’ve started to take a huge shining to the outskirts of Toronto (Grimsby area), lately. But if I had a choice to move to another place in Canada, Calgary would be at the top of the list.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Monty said:

I’ve started to take a huge shining to the outskirts of Toronto (Grimsby area), lately. But if I had a choice to move to another place in Canada, Calgary would be at the top of the list.

Where are you now? Was it Steinbach, Selkirk?

Whats in Grimsby? Aside from Bieksa's mum.  There are some nice town in S Ontario.  I really like London.  And its colder, another hour or three North. My sister stays summers near Parry Sound on Georgian Bay.  Its stunning! 

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Where are you now? Was it Steinbach, Selkirk?

Whats in Grimsby? Aside from Bieksa's mum.  There are some nice town in S Ontario.  I really like London.  And its colder, another hour or three North. My sister stays summers near Parry Sound on Georgian Bay.  Its stunning! 

Steinbach, still. Always.

Head office for work is in Grimsby, so I’m out there 7-8 times a year.

Treliving did just move Frolik ($4.3) so he's up to something.  

Anderson has been a regular last year (79 games 2-17-19 +17, 0.22 pg) and this year (45 games 3-9-14 -11 0.31 ppg)  $4.55 for 6 is either going to be really cheap if he turns out to be a top 4 D.  Otherwise, a problem.  

He's trying to set the team up for the longer term.  Gio is getting old.

• Upvote 1