The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

I missed the last game, and when I saw the score, I decided to avoid the PGT Lil

I have a feeling that was a good choice 

I feel positive, and like the boys are going come out with a good effort 

Saying that, I've been watching FLA here and there, and they will not be a push over 

Think this could be a good game to regain our composure :towel:

• Cheers 2

I'm glad to see the lineup shifting this way too. It creates a lot more options on that forecheck, with all 3 of them being very capable at retrieving pucks at any point and then putting on the jets to do something with it. 

Brock has been way too pedestrian again, maybe the demotion and getting kicked off that #1 powerplay will light a fire. 

It should be an interesting game!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, brownky said:

I'm glad to see the lineup shifting this way too. It creates a lot more options on that forecheck, with all 3 of them being very capable at retrieving pucks at any point and then putting on the  whenjets to do something with it. 

Brock has been way too pedestrian again, maybe the demotion and getting kicked off that #1 powerplay will light a fire. 

It should be an interesting game!

I agree for a guy that's suppose to be our top sniper, he's third in goals on the top line.  And there's three more guys just 1 goal behind him, and one of them plays on the 3rd line with half the minutes, and barely any PP time.  I think the wrist injury is really hurting him, I had that injury, it's a nerve thing and it flares up when you get too much impact on it, I've notice he doesn't take slap shots anymore with that heavily wrapped wrist.  Jake will pass him in goals if he gets more opportunity, in the next 2 weeks or so, go JV.

Edited by iBlueGreen
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

I agree for a guy that's suppose to be our top sniper, he's third in goals on the top line.  And there's three more guys just 1 goal behind him, and one of them plays on the 3rd line with half the minutes, and barely any PP time.  I think the wrist injury is really hurting him, I had that injury, it's a nerve thing and it flares up when you get too much impact on it, I've notice he doesn't take slap shots anymore with that heavily wrapped wrist.  Jake will pass him in goals if he gets more opportunity, in the next 2 weeks or so, go JV.

Here's an article and stats that kind of speaks to my take on this as I stated above (the eye test is for me at least and to the press and coaches as well): https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/bumping-brock-boeser-off-the-first-power-play-unit-for-adam-gaudette-might-be-the-right-move-1.24048890

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

25 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

Here's an article and stats that kind of speaks to my take on this as I stated above (the eye test is for me at least and to the press and coaches as well): https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/bumping-brock-boeser-off-the-first-power-play-unit-for-adam-gaudette-might-be-the-right-move-1.24048890

Here's a good conversation on his drop in shooting percentage, and scoring in the Vancouver Courier: 

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/brock-boeser-is-taking-far-fewer-wrist-shots-in-2019-20-than-in-past-seasons-1.24046830

This is really Jake's chance to make a name for himself. He's been great this year, and this bump up the lineup is well deserved. I hope he knows what the coaches expect of him tonight and that he seizes this opportunity. They don't have to score 2+ goals for me to be happy with that line tonight. I want to see JV unleashed is all. Boeser will make any line work so I'm not worried about him at all.

I feel Canucks back to-night and start another winning streak.

Switch of Brock and Jade is not a bad idea, might make all the lines much effective.

I predict Canucks win 4-2 with Capital Bo contribute 2 points.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!