The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

They had scored the first goal in 10 straight game before tonight

Fair enough. But when they aren't the first team to score they have a disturbing trend of getting scored on in the first 2-3 minutes. I don't know if this is because the team as a whole isn't ready or if it's a goaltender issue. But it does seem to be an issue, and not just this season...

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

The eye test is hard to prove if he is the best in positioning and keeping the other team at bay. 

Well the numbers posted supported the good I’ve seen with my “eye test” so sure but I’m general he’s played well and I’ve noticed him for lots of good rather than the opposite 

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well I'm going to speak my mind on the GAME I'M WATCHING and respond in the appropriate thread for that game, maybe you should just ignore posts that get you triggered because it wasn't positive enough in your eyes, sometimes the truth hurts and unfortunately on this board some fans just can't handle the truth sadly.

But hey keep blaming the refs for not calling a penalty, see enough of that crying on here all the time

Truth does hurt, luckily your posts are void of it.  Blaming Green is an opinion not a fact and I am sick of reading that #$%^.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well I'm going to speak my mind on the GAME I'M WATCHING and respond in the appropriate thread for that game, maybe you should just ignore posts that get you triggered because it wasn't positive enough in your eyes, sometimes the truth hurts and unfortunately on this board some fans just can't handle the truth sadly.

But hey keep blaming the refs for not calling a penalty, see enough of that crying on here all the time

Your last chance TO get on topic and comment on the game.  This isn't even close.

And I blamed the refs for something?  Quit making things up and start actually watching the game.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There’s too many Green lovers here, personally I prefer pretty much any other Color except Brown.

I've been a Green supporter since day one, but I've watch Myers this year jump up into the rush way to many times and it handcuffs us after, yet he continues to do it and the coaching staff doesn't seem to give a crap, so I've now officially given up on this coach and coaching staff I'm done with them

Coaching is failing us massively. For whatever reason with the PP working consistently, with Boeser on the far wall. They decided to randomly change it and swap Miller and Boeser. 

Since that change it’s been awful rofl. Just the exact same failure over and over. Miller and Petey pass to Quinn and try to setup Petey but both the PK forward and D are selling out for it. Shots get blocked repeatedly and no chances are created. Miller doesn’t shoot at all. It’s been horrific and not working yet still keep running it.

Edited by Wilfred

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Unfortunately the eye test has too much bias. People will see what they want to see (or what they don't).

I’m saying I like seeing the numbers (the underlying Corsi numbers I quoted) back up my eye test that has seen him playing well. And I am biased against LE big critic. Think you misunderstood my post

• Cheers 1

Canucks posted this video which shows a little but of our defence strategy 

I thought it was meaningless and didn't show too much but now we have allowed 12 goals since it was posted. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/baumgartner-micd-up-at-practice/t-277437438/c-5054927

I guess TB and FLA do have a lot of firepower and our defence hasn't been too good. 

I still would prefer if we don't post videos showing our strategy though.