The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Nolan’s head is probably going to erupt on the bench.

our overall team defence has just been so poor. If we play that aggressive offensively or poorly defensively we better bury our chances like brock in alone with time to read a lotr  novel or jake with a wide open net.

But we are allowing so many odd man rushes and prime scoring chances against it’s crazy. Not what I expected after having 9 scored on us in TB, that honestly could have been more. 

Was hoping to see a better defensive effort tonight.

Game isn’t out of reach yet, but we need the next goal for sure and the boys better be ready to hustle! :metal:

also love motters hustle hope he or someone cranks matheson!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

The Canucks are an inexperienced team. This was bound to happen. Horvat needs to get his &^@#ing guys going. This team has so much potential. 

Inexperience or not, coaches keeps on sticking to back to same old lines that led to giving up 2 quick goals at the start of the game.  Whatever happened to demoting Boeser on 3rd line.  Could have been a difference there.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Petterson needs to start hitting the net. Despite how many points he gets the rest of the team is suffering. Shoot the puck ... even Sakic learned that.

20 goals mate Start of Jan. year 2.

LOL

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I have nothing against Deboer, just wanted to make a Mighty Ducks joke :( 

Not everyone gets it... I'd love to have Emilio Estevez as our D coach (our D can't be any worse but he'd still be good for a few laughs lol)

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Mistakes are killing us .... two on ones.  

Bieksa used to pinch and it cost us then he had to work on timing.  These guys have to stop trying to jump into the play and start being more defensively responsible.  Learn when to jump up and when not to...not just "go".

Myers is like 30. If he hasn't learned how to pinch now he is never going to learn it.

• Haha 1

Just now, coolboarder said:

Inexperience or not, coaches keeps on sticking to back to same old lines that led to giving up 2 quick goals at the start of the game.  Whatever happened to demoting Boeser on 3rd line.  Could have been a difference there.   

We just collapse. 

Anyone notice that shift where edler looked so awkward with Stecher and was like drifting to him in the weirdest way. Put him in trouble behind our net with no actual outlet to pass to.

thought it was bizarre and he’s really looked off to me lately. 

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It's not due to line combinations.

It's due to costly mistakes and guys who have to be more defensively responsible.  No matter who they're paired with.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

So there pre- scouting told them to go right down the middle of our defence :picard: it’s working :sadno:

And don't mind those few stick-waving guys standing around in white jerseys. 

They are just turnstiles.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

The odd man rushes are happening because I think they are trying to be super aggressive/push back.  I like the mentality but a few mistakes have cost them

Funny how we fans love an aggressive offensive minded D when it works.  As opposed to the hang back clogging the neutral zone boring all defensive plan.  Either one can work. Or get a bad bounce. I like that Green is giving the green light to the D, even Stecher.  I'd rather watch that kind of risk/reward type play than the other kind personally.  I want to watch them keep pushing

• Upvote 1