The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Funny how we fans love an aggressive offensive minded D when it works.  As opposed to the hang back clogging the neutral zone boring all defensive plan.  Either one can work. Or get a bad bounce. I like that Green is giving the green light to the D, even Stecher.  I'd rather watch that kind of risk/reward type play than the other kind personally.  I want to watch them keep pushing

Me too...with a little more assessment on risk/reward and not just an automatic go.  A bit more "deciding" if/when to.

Wonder if Green will swap Boeser and Gaudette on PP1? Need someone to take a shot once in a while on that unit.

And Myers needs to learn the drop pass for PP2.  Or to utilize his wingers.  I think it was Nov 8th he had an end to end rush carrying on the PP, and now he tries it every time.  Last pp he had both Jake and Gaud open, skating, looking over their shoulders for a pass, yet Myers skated it over the blue line right into 2 defenders and that was the end of that 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

It's not due to line combinations.

It's due to costly mistakes and guys who have to be more defensively responsible.  Not matter who they're paired with.

It is sending players a wrong messages at the practice then.  If players see that the coach is not changing his lines, what's the point of practicing with different line when preparing for a next game?    Their starts is not the greatest strength for majority of the games in the season.   Their strength is comebacks but is not what we want to see, granted, they scored first goal in  last 9 games except for tonight but come on, 0-2 start is pathetic after what happened in Tampa Bay and end up with 3-1 deficit.   

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

The only thing that has changed is the goalies aren't making saves. These chances happen almost every game. People laughed when I said this was a lottery team without Markstrom. 

I think this is laughable to some cause this team without Marky shouldn't be a lottery team. Lol.