Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard Dog

[Proposal] BUF - VAN

Recommended Posts

Brock Boeser RW 5.875M/3 years

Troy Stecher RD 2.325M/1 year

Tyler Madden C ELC

 

for 

 

Rasmus Ristolainen RD 5.4M/3 years

Evan Rodrigues  W/C 2M/1 year

Dylan Cozens C/RW ELC

Conditional 2nd round 2021 pick(If Buffalo makes the playoffs in 2021 it becomes a 1st)

 

 

 

We give up the better player but get a good top 4 D in Risto and a top prospect in Cozens. We take a hit on offense for a bit but improve defensively. Cozens is a great prospect(7th overall pick) with top-line upside and should be ready around when Pod is as well. Conditional pick will recoup the lost one from the Miller trade. Also we would be able to trade Tanev for more assets if we aren't in a playoff picture.

 

BUF gets much needed scoring with the best player in Brock that's in their age group they want and he would off-set the loss of Cozens and they get a decent forward prospect in Madden. Take a hit on D though. Brock would look great with Eichel and that would be their 1/2 punch

 

They might want Tanev(RD 4.45M/1 year) instead of Stecher in which case we take Micheal Frolik(RW/LW 4.3M/1 year) or Conor Sheary(RW/LW 3M/1 year) instead of Rodrigues. Might be a bit too much for BUF with the conditional pick but Brock is a good player.

 

Flame away

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good suggestion but from my perspective not a chance.

 

BB6 is here to stay. 

 

Packaging Stecher for a top four guy is a good idea don't get me wrong but we're not trading Brock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

won't really comment on the merits of the proposal

 

but we on cdc are not worthy

to see a trade proposal where the best player in the deal

is outgoing from vancouver

 

are you sure you are posting on the correct boards???

this is like a once in a decade proposal

and we are only 9 days into this decade

 

it is refreshing to have to even consider a trade of this sort

not sure my mind is up to it

it has been trained in a different manner on these boards in my 9+ years here

 

:towel:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

won't really comment on the merits of the proposal

 

but we on cdc are not worthy

to see a trade proposal where the best player in the deal

is outgoing from vancouver

 

are you sure you are posting on the correct boards???

this is like a once in a decade proposal

and we are only 9 days into this decade

 

it is refreshing to have to even consider a trade of this sort

not sure my mind is up to it

it has been trained in a different manner on these boards in my 9+ years here

 

:towel:

We could end up with Cozens becoming a good player for us. Size, speed, skill and smarts. 200 ft game and willing to play physical. Probably won't end up a top RW like Boeser but nabbing him, a potential 1st and Risto would make us deeper. With Cozens, Pod and Hog too our future at FWD would still be bright. 

 

Big thing would be nabbing a top 4 D that fits our age group, we got a lot of older guys on the blueline.

 

Buffalo would definitely be better with Boes. Eichel and Boes would give them a dominant duo and a lot of successful teams have that. Eichel is a better player than Petey right now and would probably elevate Boeser even more.

 

Hate giving up Boes but if it was for a deal like this I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger. Essentially we would be giving up from a position of strength and addressing our weakness while having a contingency in Cozens and a pick.

 

If we managed to keep Tanev we could trade him too adding more assets. I think Buffalo would want him in the deal though.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are re-uniting Ristolainen and Myers who were together on the Buffalo team that couldn't make the playoffs and were bottom feeders for a long, long time. Nice proposal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

So we are re-uniting Ristolainen and Myers who were together on the Buffalo team that couldn't make the playoffs and were bottom feeders for a long, long time. Nice proposal. 

When Risto was playing his first full year as a 20 year old and wasn't the player he is today? The same season where Myers was traded to Winnipeg?

 

Altogether the played less than 82 NHL games together before Myers was traded. You can hardly call that re-uniting from a long, long time of bottom-feeding. Also can you really put that lack of success on Risto? They needed a game changer at FWD to turn things around and finally Eichel is that but after that they don't have much offensively. Boeser would definitely entice them. They'd be giving up a chunk but be getting a much needed piece.

 

Risto is also having a much improved season when he's not being as overplayed as he used to be when he literately was all Buffalo had.

 

Also it's not a straight one for one. We'd be getting a pretty darn good prospect in Cozens and a conditional pick that would recoup the one we lose to TBL. Cap wise it works pretty good too.

 

If we managed to keep Tanev he becomes a trade asset.

 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo declines easily IMO.

 

They'll probably value Risto close to Boeser, and they need to give up a 7th overall of the last draft who had a good showing at the WJC, and a conditional 1st for Stetcher for Stetcher and Madden, not a chance.    Drop Cozens and maybe you get Buffalo to stay on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

When Risto was playing his first full year as a 20 year old and wasn't the player he is today? The same season where Myers was traded to Winnipeg?

 

Altogether the played less than 82 NHL games together before Myers was traded. You can hardly call that re-uniting from a long, long time of bottom-feeding. Also can you really put that lack of success on Risto? They needed a game changer at FWD to turn things around and finally Eichel is that but after that they don't have much offensively. Boeser would definitely entice them. They'd be giving up a chunk but be getting a much needed piece.

 

Risto is also having a much improved season when he's not being as overplayed as he used to be when he literately was all Buffalo had.

 

Also it's not a straight one for one. We'd be getting a pretty darn good prospect in Cozens and a conditional pick that would recoup the one we lose to TBL. Cap wise it works pretty good too.

 

If we managed to keep Tanev he becomes a trade asset.

 

You only have that much money to spend on defense. Hughes at 6mil and more + Myers at 6mil + Ristolainen at 5.4mil or whatever he resigns at means those 3 are your core. I am not sure I want to place my bets on 2 ex-Buffalo dmen as the core that will lead us to a Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m confused at why there are so many trade proposals that include Brock Boeser?  We are actively searching for a top 6 forward so why would we get rid of a 22 year old that has proven he can score just because he’s in a little bit of a slump.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see Buffalo parting with Cozens. Especially with Risto. I like the proposal though, which tells me it’s probably heavily leaning towards us. Boeser and Risto are pretty close in value but I’d argue Cozens has more value than Madden and Stech combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We could end up with Cozens becoming a good player for us. Size, speed, skill and smarts. 200 ft game and willing to play physical. Probably won't end up a top RW like Boeser but nabbing him, a potential 1st and Risto would make us deeper. With Cozens, Pod and Hog too our future at FWD would still be bright. 

 

Big thing would be nabbing a top 4 D that fits our age group, we got a lot of older guys on the blueline.

 

Buffalo would definitely be better with Boes. Eichel and Boes would give them a dominant duo and a lot of successful teams have that. Eichel is a better player than Petey right now and would probably elevate Boeser even more.

 

Hate giving up Boes but if it was for a deal like this I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger. Essentially we would be giving up from a position of strength and addressing our weakness while having a contingency in Cozens and a pick.

 

If we managed to keep Tanev we could trade him too adding more assets. I think Buffalo would want him in the deal though.

Risto is a cap dump, isn’t he?  BB is a proven top six NHL winger.  Buffalo would have to take LE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ristolainen doesn't exactly scream shutdown D and he's not the type of defender we need (the struggle lately has been transitioning the puck in high-danger, high-tempo situations and analyses from Buffalo have him paired with these skilled puck-movers in order for him to succeed).  The right side of the ice would have so many circular skate marks from the pirouettes he and Myers would do as they get beaten by superior skaters.

 

I like that you're looking to fix up the team but I don't think this is the way to do so.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Brock Boeser RW 5.875M/3 years

Troy Stecher RD 2.325M/1 year

Tyler Madden C ELC

 

for 

 

Rasmus Ristolainen RD 5.4M/3 years

Evan Rodrigues  W/C 2M/1 year

Dylan Cozens C/RW ELC

Conditional 2nd round 2021 pick(If Buffalo makes the playoffs in 2021 it becomes a 1st)

 

 

 

We give up the better player but get a good top 4 D in Risto and a top prospect in Cozens. We take a hit on offense for a bit but improve defensively. Cozens is a great prospect(7th overall pick) with top-line upside and should be ready around when Pod is as well. Conditional pick will recoup the lost one from the Miller trade. Also we would be able to trade Tanev for more assets if we aren't in a playoff picture.

 

BUF gets much needed scoring with the best player in Brock that's in their age group they want and he would off-set the loss of Cozens and they get a decent forward prospect in Madden. Take a hit on D though. Brock would look great with Eichel and that would be their 1/2 punch

 

They might want Tanev(RD 4.45M/1 year) instead of Stecher in which case we take Micheal Frolik(RW/LW 4.3M/1 year) or Conor Sheary(RW/LW 3M/1 year) instead of Rodrigues. Might be a bit too much for BUF with the conditional pick but Brock is a good player.

 

Flame away

I love the concept of this trade, and most of the actors......

 

I would change it a little, given a choice

 

Boeser, Myers and Madden

for 

Ristolainen, Cozens, and a conditional 2nd (depending if we have to retain or not)

 

And if we had to take a bad contract or retain a little, I would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

You only have that much money to spend on defense. Hughes at 6mil and more + Myers at 6mil + Ristolainen at 5.4mil or whatever he resigns at means those 3 are your core. I am not sure I want to place my bets on 2 ex-Buffalo dmen as the core that will lead us to a Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. 

I think you underrate Risto.

 

Also the value of Cozens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I love the concept of this trade, and most of the actors......

 

I would change it a little, given a choice

 

Boeser, Myers and Madden

for 

Ristolainen, Cozens, and a conditional 2nd (depending if we have to retain or not)

 

And if we had to take a bad contract or retain a little, I would

They'd might want us to take Okposo if we are giving them any long-term deal back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s bad enough that the Canucks have Myers. Obtaining one of the most irresponsible defensive players doesn’t exactly scream, “Improvement.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.