The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Sabres Jan 11 2020 - 10AM Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Feeling kinda nervous about this game not going to lie.  Two games is a blip, three games is a start of a streak win or lose.  Hope they turn it around

9 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Canucks are 7 and 3 over the last 10 breath

They better start hyperventilating then:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Give it a rest. Would you rather him publicly shame the team? 

How would that help? All it would do is create animosity between him and the players. A team is not just made of skaters. A team is made of staff, coaches, GM’s, and players. 

And they all have to have each others backs, not turn against each other after a few bad games. If you start doing that it creates a toxic environment that no one wants to be a part of.

What I don’t get is why do people watch the interviews if they are tired of the guys comments. I mean it gets pretty dull, they ask the same questions over and over. If I was the coach I’d probably just give them the same answers back too.

• Upvote 3

This is an important game for our psyche. If we win this and the Minnesota game then that's a pretty good road trip to be honest. If we lose this one and/or the next, we're in trouble again and the ground we gained on a 7 game win streak is gone. I think in terms of standings, the Minnesota game is a must-win. In terms of our teams mental state this game is a must-win. 2 game losing streak is nothing, 3 game losing streak is a proper streak.

Eichel is going to be charged, you know he'll destroy our defence if he gets a chance so we have to be sharp.

3-2 Canucks.

4 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Give it a rest. Would you rather him publicly shame the team? 

How would that help? All it would do is create animosity between him and the players. A team is not just made of skaters. A team is made of staff, coaches, GM’s, and players. 

And they all have to have each others backs, not turn against each other after a few bad games. If you start doing that it creates a toxic environment that no one wants to be a part of.

Lol, he doesn't need to shame anyone. WTF are you even talking about? He needs to own up to the fact that they're not playing their best hockey and make a commitment to improve. Getting up on the podium every night and saying they're a young team and the other team is heavy isn't helping anyone.  

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i hope this team plays some defense.. if the team don't get going on the powerplay or  we don't get any powerplay.. we are in trouble.. seems like we can't win games if we don't score on powerplays

Special teams are huge and if we can’t score while we let in powerplay goals against it just creates a huge hole for us 

buffalo has some some slick players in its powerplay .... stay out of the box boys 

as for our d zone system .... well I wish we had one 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Lol, he doesn't need to shame anyone. WTF are you even talking about? He needs to own up to the fact that they're not playing their best hockey and make a commitment to improve. Getting up on the podium every night and saying they're a young team and the other team is heavy isn't helping anyone.  

I tend to agree 

the issue I have with Green never owning up to our bad play (his bad coaching) sends a public message that loose losing play is ok, playing 2 out of 3 periods well is ok. Losing games is ok. That creates a losing culture. The old Esso medals of achievement culture...that’s ok ..we lost but we tried hard

a coach needs to hate to lose and can’t show he is ok with with losing and hide begind the excuse we are young or tired 

Marky is the only player on the team that tells the truth and takes responsibility 

• Wat 1

8 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

really need a win, 10 am though, some bull sh!t.

Gotta build up that European television and team gear market 

these 10 am games are all about international cash 

not sure what people don’t understand about this. The nhl has agreed to play Saturday morning dames so the European market  can watch games in prime time 

it’s not done murky nhl scheme against the Canucks 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 2

8 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Canucks are 7 and 3 over the last 10 breath

Better stop only relying on that stat, will wear out in a hurry. 

look at our division and our opponents in the past 5 games, not as bright of a picture 

As of NOW, we are the outside looking in. So yes we need to clean up our game are start putting wins together or we will be left behind for yet another year 

sitting around saying we won 7 in a row is what gets this team in trouble, start getting complacent and not being prepared for games because we are so “awesome”

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

really need a win, 10 am though, some bull sh!t.

But it isn't 10AM in Buffalo

I didn't think our defense looked any better with Benn back in the lineup - but then again most of our players  seemed to be missing a step the last 2 games. I think this brings the team back to reality -  just because you won 7 in a row  (and I didn't feel we deserved all those wins but take them and run) doesn't mean you an take your foot off the gas..

Hope they come in prepared - I don't expect them to win every game - but I do expect them to COMPETE every game

GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1