The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Sabres Jan 11 2020 - 10AM Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Why does the NHL bother giving explanations if the wording is so broad?

Type of Review: Puck Over Goal Line

Result: Call on the ice is upheld - No goal Vancouver

Explanation: Video review confirmed that Brock Boeser's shot did not enter the Buffalo net.

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-buffalo-sabres-situation-room/c-313794226?tid=277729160

• Thanks 2

Interesting- those of us watching the Sabres feed clearly saw the puck over the net, with clear screenshot evidence.  But those watching the grainy, blurry  sportsnet feed see a puck going thru the net.  Are we watching the same shot being replayed?

Obviously the replays the refs and Toronto were watching convinced them it was no goal.

Jesus christ! I didn't think people were actually arguing for real in forums anymore. as in, i'm expecting you to change your view because i'm hitting enter many times and use exclamation marks to frighten you. But here you are, all of you! :)   

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I accept apologies only in the form of "Dear my N7 sir, you were right and my tiny small brain should have listened to you". Thank you all for your time.

This replay kind of sucks, I can't even see the puck until it's out of play.  I'm trying to slo mo it to see if it even hits the bar and goes up.  Just all blurry and white.

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Interesting- those of us watching the Sabres feed clearly saw the puck over the net, with clear screenshot evidence.  But those watching the grainy, blurry  sportsnet feed see a puck going thru the net.  Are we watching the same shot being replayed?

Obviously the replays the refs and Toronto were watching convinced them it was no goal.

The world is against the Canucks. I can't believe they didn't use just the overhead angle and give us a goal. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Haha 1

The only explanation has to be that its the fault of the camera.  Its not running a fast enough speed to accurately detail individual seconds frozen. So it "blurs" time frames into one.  Canucks saw the netting pattern above the puck as we did.  Its physically impossible for that to happen if the puck wasn't in the net.  Or....that camera was too slow for accuracy.

Maybe Buffalo should upgrade their cameras from 50 years ago.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Just posting these together in an attempt to start a mod fight  :ph34r:

Crazy, player positioning etc shows it is the same shot, yet the GIF seems to show the puck under the netting, yet the video shows the puck well over the net.  Wow, no goal I guess, but wow what an illusion.

Just now, kilgore said:

The only explanation has to be that its the fault of the camera.  Its not running a fast enough speed to accurately detail individual seconds frozen. So it "blurs" time frames into one.  Canucks saw the netting pattern above the puck as we did.  Its physically impossible for that to happen if the puck wasn't in the net.  Or....that camera was too slow for accuracy.

Maybe Buffalo should upgrade their cameras from 50 years ago.

You are quick, Neil Tyson Degrasse

• Cheers 1

None of it matters....called no goal so...no goal.

I'm changing my mind because the net moving may have been the goaltender shifting/causing it.

But I really don't know...both feeds are fairly inconclusive.  But let's move on...the game has.