The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Jan. 11, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Despite all that talent (top picks) Buffallo is still trending to be picking top 10 again !  

Screenshot_20200111-172658_Chrome.jpg

Their manager is an idiot who always picks a dman and not the best at developing talent some of it injury luck to be fair. Go read current gdt on hf boards buffalo page. The fans will give you a good reason why the team sucks

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Despite all the drama the Canucks are keeping up with the big boys in our division with 37 games to go.  I hope they make the playoffs cause that experience to the core will be valuable.

Screenshot_20200111-173414_Chrome.jpg

Honestly every team but the blues this season has had their share of crap games like us. Even then I doubt blues even make it to the conference finals come playoff time. Just so hard to do now a days.  

Wouldn't be shocked if we pull off a series win or 2either at this point. 

I still think Vegas or Dallas will be in the Finals fwiw

2 hours ago, Bo fan said:

I am thinking Miller is a good influence on BB - he no longer  hangs out waiting for his chances for the big one timer but he is out digging for the puck - game rounding out. Nice growth.. Infact every couple of weeks you start seeing the young group  pulling off moves they hadn't  tried a month back.  Growing - but I don't think they are taking  steps back  - they are finding ways to keep  growing and improving. I am hopeful they make  a round in the playoffs.

They looked like they were having fun playing today

Minnie tomorrow - hope they can pull a win for Duke

GCG

For sure Miller's been a good influence on Brock (along with the whole team).  But Brock was already rounding out his game last year with noticeably improved board work and playmaking.  So some of this growth in his game pre-dates Miller, but having him there as a constant example on the same line certainly helps.  I notice Miller's influence most in Brock's physical play and willingness to go to the net.  It's almost like he's gone from a pure perimeter sniper to a mini power forward.  A team can't have too many players like that, and the more Brock develops that side of his game, the more it will open up opportunities for what is still one of the more lethal wristers in the game.  He's well on the way to becoming a complete player and is smart enough to improve the weaker parts of his game. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

They have no goalies, haven’t had one in years. Our team, despite my opinion of it being good on paper, is only surviving cause of our goaltending. 

What? We’re tied for second place in the entire western conference with 148 GF... we’ve scored 5+ goals in 17 out of 45 games. I’d say a good chunk of the games we’ve won have been because of  our ability to score goals rather than goaltending. That being said markstrom has been awesome this year but give credit where credit is due. The team can score and wins a lot of games purely because of that.. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah exactly. Bo Horvat is actually playing better with Loui on that line as well. It’s unfortunate we signed the guy but that doesn’t change the fact he’s been playing well since being injected back into the line-up. Hopefully he continues to play well maybe get a taste of some playoffs and retire with his head held high. 

LE has lost a step or too and he probably will never be a player he used to be, but he is very sound defensively, very good on PK and he started to get offensive chances on 5x5. He had that great chance at the beginning of today's game. The fact that he is getting EN goals simply means that Geen trusts him at the end of games when Canucks need to protect a lead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wilfred said:

Please no more 10am games good grief.

While I tend to agree, the early games have been good to us this season.

3-1 on 10am (or earlier) and that includes beating the Caps, and 4-2 on 1pm or earlier.  Nice to see them bucking the trend, since they always seemed to lose these ones in the past (I'm sure there were some wins, but you know what I mean).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Despite all that talent (top picks) Buffallo is still trending to be picking top 10 again !  

Screenshot_20200111-172658_Chrome.jpg

And that is what team tank wanted us to continue doing. It seems there are several examples of teams getting a bunch of top 10 picks that don't really make the team better. 

• Cheers 2