The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Jan. 11, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

44 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Thanks @JamesB always enjoy reading your posts, couldn't agree more on all points, I think it's time to bury the hate for poor old LE, he has done well recently and has finally brought some completion to the Horvat line.  He is a contributing member of our team now.

Yes thanks @JamesB for your comments , always well thought and as a bonus I now can refer to Natural Stat Trick. Had been hunting for those detailed games stats.:)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Motte definitely makes the 4th line.

Beagle is pretty decent too.

Under appreciated roles for sure. Beagle is a steal for what he does heh. Veteran possession monster 4th line grinder that prioritizes grinding the puck on the boards before taking it to the net. But with Motte on the line, the kid has talent, we can all see it and Beagle knows his board work will turn into chances too. People complain about the money but Benning bought leadership, and it's the playoffs where I want to see what he brings anyways.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Under appreciated roles for sure. Beagle is a steal for what he does heh. Veteran possession monster 4th line grinder that prioritizes grinding the puck on the boards before taking it to the net. But with Motte on the line, the kid has talent, we can all see it and Beagle knows his board work will turn into chances too. People complain about the money but Benning bought leadership, and it's the playoffs where I want to see what he brings anyways.

It's the veteran leadership, face-off ability and defensive play that Beagle got what he got.

He has a tough time scoring for sure but is pretty reliable in other facets of the game.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Don't you think that is premature? This year is really Green's first fair shot at the bubble of the post season. The team isn't under performing and imo hasn't under performed in any year under Green.

The systems are all garbage and that's the style Green wants to play, so yeah, he needs to go. With the talent we have the Canucks could be solidly 1st in the division instead of battling for a playoff spot right now like we are under the current coaching staff.  With a more dynamic PP, more aggressive D zone strategy, and a better breakout this team could easily be 10 to 15 games above .500 right now.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 6

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Which systems are garbage? What specifically would you change about these systems and how would you change them? How would you make a top 5 PP more dynamic? More aggressiive D zone strategy how? How would you improve the breakout?

Who would you replace him with and why are they better? Why would this coach bring a more dynamic PP etc?

You really think the Canucks should be "solidly" in first place ahead of Vegas and Arizona? They are 4 points back with 2 games in hand, they are in a decent position. There are 5 teams separated by 2 points in the Pacific, there is going to be nightly fluctuation. There are only 3 teams in the west that are 10 games above .500 and they are all in the other division, curious to see what makes the Canucks on par with the Blues, Avs, and Stars?

Personally I think Green has been fine. Not going to toot the guys' horn but he has been fine and I don't see a better replacement out there. The Canucks have been a coaching carousel since AV and I don't see the benefit of another change. The team has performed as expected each year and has improved each year under Green.

Actually they are only 2 points back with 2 games at hand now! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Do you have a full time job coaching hockey at any level?

Seriously......I want to know because you talk like you do. You talk like you know more than an actual paid NHL coach so we are curious about what your qualifications are for such strong beliefs the system is no good.

System is okay, but it needs to be mixed up otherwise opposition can pick it apart.

What I would do, is have them break the collapse whenever an opposing player touches the puck near the boards, and rub them out.

And I would choose a zone somewhere, prolly one of the sideboards, where you shift your star over there, and instead of allowing a circle around you, you allow a C (if that makes sense). Once the opposition starts whipping the pick around in a circle, you know something bad is incoming. Anyways, if you lock down one of the sideboards, you typically will make the other team cough up the puck way more often, than allowing them to simply pass it around the perimeter, like we do. Paste guys, in addition to collapsing, and you have a system. If all they do is collapse, they have a problem, as we see every single game.

• Upvote 2