The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] (Trade) better now and in the future. Van trades to help add leadership and grit

Okay 

Van trades Demko and Boeser to Buffalo for rasmus ristolainen, Dylan cozins , a first round pick( probably top three protected) and C Hutton(which ever goalie Jim likes and helps makes the deal go threw)

then trade rasmus ristolainen , Loui eriksson and breezer to Montreal for Shea Weber ( with retained salary) and a second round pick. ( Montreal gets younger and they have the cap space to take Loui and loui's old coach is there too, reason for the Canucks cause Weber will probably give you another three years of good hockey and end up on Ltir cause recapture would cripple the Preds and Weber is the closest thing to Pronger in today's NHL and Hughes reminds me of Scotty and Weber reminds me of pronger , match made almost in heaven in theory) 

Then that would leave you with leivo , Sven B , stetcher , sutter and Chris tanev to move for picks , could add Peason to that list too. 

Now from just the trades I mentioned we could afford to go after F Forsberg and not cripple our self.....so I would offer a similar deal Jim gave the lighting but add OJ or Cozins. 

also I would only start this trade if I could live with the cost of Forsberg and I can. 

That would also might leave picks to bring a tough sob but if not Weber is one tough sob and he will be a nasty piece of work in the playoffs....

so so roast away. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Spelling
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 4

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Why in world would Montreal make that trade? Weber (with money retained no less) and a 2nd (which will be high) 

for a huge cap dump, Ristolanin and an ok prospect? 

Okay take away the retain salary and why does Montreal do this? To get younger and this way they can replace Weber with a younger mean D man.....and his cheaper and it wouldn't surprise me to see Loui retire after his bonus is paid and if not Montreal has the room for Loui and loui's old coach might bring out the best in Loui. 

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Why in world would Montreal make that trade? Weber (with money retained no less) and a 2nd (which will be high) 

for a huge cap dump, Ristolanin and an ok prospect? 

Weber is good but his contract is a dump contract, also I love Weber but if I'm Montreal and can move his contract and get a mean D man a B prospect and Loui , loui might retire or playing in the east might help his game. 

Good building blocks for Montreal , also Montreal only loses webers leadership , thx to bringing in rasmus ristolainen cause ristlo brings an edge. 

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Weber is good but his contract is a dump contract, also I love Weber but if I'm Montreal and can move his contract and get a mean D man a B prospect and Loui , loui might retire or playing in the east might help his game. 

Good building blocks for Montreal , also Montreal only loses webers leadership , thx to bringing in rasmus ristolainen cause ristlo brings an edge. 

Weber is top 10 in D scoring, plays 23 minutes a night in all situations, is tough as nails, and is their captain. In no way is he a cap dump.  You expect them to take a cap dump and add a high second just to become a worse team?  Never 

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Weber is top 10 in D scoring, plays 23 minutes a night in all situations, is tough as nails, and is their captain. In no way is he a cap dump.  You expect them to take a cap dump and add a high second just to become a worse team?  Never 

Montreal might be rebuilding, or retooling and Weber is an older asset and no one knows how long he will play at his level and also his contract sucks, it's gamble but it's worth it to get younger for Montreal, also if Loui retires this summer , weber got you ristlo and breezer and 7 million in cap space and that's if he retires. 

You realize Montreal has a good young team and if Weber stayed health , they would be a playoff team but Weber can't playing 20+ mins , where if he came to Van he would be playing with Hughes in a more offensive role

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Montreal might be rebuilding, or retooling and Weber is an older asset and no one knows how long he will play at his level and also his contract sucks, it's gamble but it's worth it to get younger for Montreal, also if Loui retires this summer so money weber got you ristlo and breezer and 7 million in cap space and that's if he retires. 

You realize Montreal has a good young team and if Weber stayed health , they would be a playoff team but Weber can't playing 20+ mins , where if he came to Van he would be playing with Hughes in a more offensive role

What I’m saying is your value is off.  He’s worth way more than you’re giving credit for.  They may move him. But if they do they’re not going to have to take a $6m cap dump and add a high second.  Take out the 2nd, the rention, and Ericksson and you’re closer 

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Montreal might be rebuilding, or retooling and Weber is an older asset and no one knows how long he will play at his level and also his contract sucks, it's gamble but it's worth it to get younger for Montreal, also if Loui retires this summer so money weber got you ristlo and breezer and 7 million in cap space and that's if he retires. 

Also. Weber has been healthy all season.  It’s their top 6 that has taken a beating 

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Love Weber, but would rather just keep Risto. Weber is a guy you pick up on the last legs of a run. And if we trade Boeser, which I don't want, I'd rather just do him a solid and send him home to Minnie.

Well problem with that is ristlo and Myers play the same style and need a more stay a home d partner like elder. 

Hughes is the future and we need a mean right handed D man to play with Hughes , like I said in theory that's almost perfect pairing , balance wise. 

Also Weber is good cause his cost controlled and the way he plays when his cap hit becomes a problem he will problem go on Ltir. 

Why against trading Brock ? I would say Forsberg is an up grade( forsberg can skate)

also Forsberg is cost controlled too.

buffalo is closer to minnie isn't it?

16 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

What I’m saying is your value is off.  He’s worth way more than you’re giving credit for.  They may move him. But if they do they’re not going to have to take a $6m cap dump and add a high second.  Take out the 2nd, the rention, and Ericksson and you’re closer 

I think Weber is worth his weight in gold but contending teams that would be perfect for him can't  afford him and switching ristlo for Weber is a better piece for the future cause right now Weber's value like you said is high but what about the rest of that contract....I think that's the part you under value how bad his contract is. 

15 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Also. Weber has been healthy all season.  It’s their top 6 that has taken a beating 

My bad I forgot he didn't miss any time after his surgery....

he also plays a style that doesn't age well which lower his value on the contract he is on. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay 

Van trades Demko and Boeser to Buffalo for rasmus ristolainen, Dylan cousins , a first round pick( probably top three protected) and C Hutton(which ever goalie Jim likes and helps makes the deal go threw)

then trade rasmus ristolainen , Loui eriksson and breezer to Montreal for Shea Weber ( with retained salary) and a second round pick. ( Montreal gets younger and they have the cap space to take Loui and loui's old coach is there too, reason for the Canucks cause Weber will probably give you another three years of good hockey and end up on Ltir cause recapture would cripple the Preds and Weber is the closest thing to Pronger in today's NHL and Hughes reminds me of Scotty and Weber reminds me of pronger , match made almost in heaven in theory) 

Then that would leave you with leivo , Sven B , stetcher , sutter and Chris tanev to move for picks , could add Peason to that list too. 

Now from just the trades I mentioned we could afford to go after F Forsberg and not cripple our self.....so I would offer a similar deal Jim gave the lighting but add OJ or Cousins. 

also I would only start this trade if I could live with the cost of Forsberg and I can. 

That would also might leave picks to bring a tough sob but if not Weber is one tough sob and he will be a nasty piece of work in the playoffs....

so so roast away. 

Let's continue this trade idea and turn Shea Weber + Horvat + 1st into Crosby (or Malkin). Crosby possess great leadership and should be good for mid to long term (5-7 years).

Then, we will have Crosby or Malkin and EP as top 2C = CUP.