The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Well at least he is playing with some emotion. I think that's what hockey is supposed to look like, this is not ringette. ::D 

Its sad to see the emotion come out of our great game. The world juniors used to be full of it but now its just not the same. It used to be what separated us from European style hockey, but now? There is not much difference anymore, very sad to see.

The hit was fair.....my strong hatred for tkaturtle shone through.  I hate the guy damn near as much as marchand.  He is a turtling puke.

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Oh god, gimmy a break. Tkachuk is an absolute coward. U dont go around targeting a teams toughest players ( like he did with lucic) and then Tuttle when they hold u accountable.  That's sean avery crap. The kid is a goof. Im sure he dad was real proud to see him turtle like that. 

Dangerous player. Lol.  This league has gone the absolute opposite direction.  Protect players , cool, but if u think tkachuk didnt deserve that, u need to pick another sport

Sure he deserved it but if it's going to help you to win the game, MT will take it gladly.  

Personally, I hate this sort of play but the reinforcement is there.   

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

How is it cheap?  Kass had the puck both times.  I definitely do not like defending MT, but those were both excellent hits that resulted in the Flames winning the game.

And the way it has always worked in hockey,  if u hit a teams toughest player like that all game , right on , but expect to fight. The kid is a goof. Right on pace with sean avery. Has nothing to do with the hits being legal or not. He should have answered the bell. He is a complete pssy

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Sure he deserved it but if it's going to help you to win the game, MT will take it gladly.  

His father never would have turtled like that after targeting a player like kassian all game . I actually sort of liked both tkatchuk brothers until this. Total goof move .

22 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Kassian, he'll never learn when to stop, just a dangerous player to the end who can't control his anger. Now it looks like the NHL will deal with him again........Sigh.

I loved Kassian beating the crap out of a Player for a senseless cheap dangerous hit play. I don’t care who it was or what suspension he gets that will inspire his team and it was right of him to teach a cheap player a lesson.

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

And the way it has always worked in hockey,  if u hit a teams toughest player like that all game , right on , but expect to fight. The kid is a goof. Right on pace with sean avery.

I'm with Burke.......if you make a clean hit, you shouldn't have to fight.  Dirty hit, absolutely.

Kass should have done what he did in the second, wait for his chance to throw a big check back.  Not only did he give them a PP goal, but he disrupted their lines for half the third period.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

No i have never been a " win any way u can" guy. Some are like that, I'm definitely not. If my team wins via an embarrassing display of cowardice,  or cheating, i personally,  as a fan, am not happy they won. Thats just me . Id rather see my team lose then watch them act like goofs to win. 

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Maybe he does get it though.  If MT is zeroed in on A guy and getting him to react, there are other guys out there who he isn't focused on.

Also...maybe in "going after him 3 times because he knew" how he'd react, he'll now have to think twice about that?  Not sure he's quite the man he plays as because he shies away so he may end up being a loser in that game.  Picking on guys who get tired of it. 

A good way to get a win...but if they play again, I wonder how big MT will be/play?  Bet he's a bit more in check.

A guy who can't control his emotions who is being picked on is a dangerous guy if you play that game and he has the tools to beat you at it.   Better be prepared.  

Again..conflicted in this.  But my gut tells me that MT won the game but ZK won the battle and set the tone for future games.

I think the next time they see each other it will be nasty but it wouldn't surprise me to see Lucic step in that's his job after all. 

MT and Burrows are a lot alike and now just like burr had juice , MT has Lucic...

so i would say MT will still play the same way as long as he has back up.....

Also Kassin went bat s$!| crazy and went after MT ,Calgary may want revenge on Kassin and to show the league , that doesn't fly. 

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

No i have never been a " win any way u can" guy. Some are like that, I'm definitely not. If my team wins via an embarrassing display of cowardice,  or cheating, i personally,  as a fan, am not happy they won. Thats just me . Id rather see my team lose then watch them act like goofs to win. 

I'm unclear at where you think the cowardice was?  Both clean hits, why does he have to fight?

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

So the Passive 2011 Canucks is what CDC wants to see...dont stand up for yourself your star players will end up getting targeted and eventually injured. The scoring on the PP excuse is piss poor. 

Canucks lost the Cup playing that way, sure hope we don't do the same next time we make the playoffs. Stand up for yourself, your men protect yourself and your teammates. Man the F up imo dont be a coward and say oh we will get you back on the PP

The disciplined play led us to top of the league in the regular season and a Cup finals appearance. We were one game away from winning. Hamhuis throwing his hip check taking him out of the series was a major blow. We had our Tkachuk in Kesler at the time amongst other gritty players like Bieksa, Burrows, Lapierre, etc. You're only remembering the Sedins. If they retaliated, they would end up hurting their team the way Kassian did and cost them the game as well which is kind of the whole point of this conversation. So maybe you'll praise the Sedins for standing up for themselves, but we would lose the Cup anyway?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

The disciplined play led us to top of the league in the regular season and a Cup finals appearance. We were one game away from winning. Hamhuis throwing his hip check taking him out of the series was a major blow. We had our Tkachuk in Kesler at the time amongst other gritty players like Bieksa, Burrows, Lapierre, etc. You're only remembering the Sedins. If they retaliated, they would end up hurting their team the way Kassian did and cost them the game as well which is kind of the whole point of this conversation. So maybe you'll praise the Sedins for standing up for themselves, but we would lose the Cup anyway?

Okay problem with that is....they went to one final, the whole time they were the kings of league.....

Now look at the A holes around the league that are star players but cross that line Drew pouty , Duncan Keith , Dustin brown and the list keeps growing of star players that showed push back and won cups...or a cup. 

Heck doesn't Matt Cooke have a ring from his Pitts days?

one game away yes but we had two games in hand and maybe if one of the Sedins smacked that lil rat , that spark might have won us one game and that's all we needed and we would have a cup....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

The hit was charging and dangerous. I'm sure no one on the oilers were upset Kassian took the penalty.

Dangerous players like Tkatchuk need to go.

Maybe it's charging, but had a Canuck thrown that hit, no one would be complaining about it. Hence why many here actually want Tkachuk.

I don't want dangerous players like Tkachuk, but I also don't care for undisciplined players like Kassian. Throwing haymakers on an unwilling player is just as dangerous of a play with real intent to injure.

The team may not be upset about it then, but if they miss the playoffs in a tight race, then I'm sure they won't be too happy unless they enjoy early golfing.

• Cheers 2