The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe it's charging, but had a Canuck thrown that hit, no one would be complaining about it. Hence why many here actually want Tkachuk.

I don't want dangerous players like Tkachuk, but I also don't care for undisciplined players like Kassian. Throwing haymakers on an unwilling player is just as dangerous of a play with real intent to injure.

The team may not be upset about it then, but if they miss the playoffs in a tight race, then I'm sure they won't be too happy unless they enjoy early golfing.

If the oilers miss the playoffs and blame Kassian because of that penalty they're delusional

Edited by Wanless
Clarity
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The disciplined play led us to top of the league in the regular season and a Cup finals appearance. We were one game away from winning. Hamhuis throwing his hip check taking him out of the series was a major blow. We had our Tkachuk in Kesler at the time amongst other gritty players like Bieksa, Burrows, Lapierre, etc. You're only remembering the Sedins. If they retaliated, they would end up hurting their team the way Kassian did and cost them the game as well which is kind of the whole point of this conversation. So maybe you'll praise the Sedins for standing up for themselves, but we would lose the Cup anyway?

Refs put the whistles away in the playoffs, if the Sedins or a teammate would have stepped up and put Marchand in his place I doubt there would be penalties given out considering what Boston was doing to us.

I want us to win the cup before I am old or dead. I could care LESS about President's Trophies or Elite regular season play. At the end of the day you remember who WON the CUP at the end of the year NOT toe best regular season team

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay problem with that is....they went to one final, the whole time they were the kings of league.....

Now look at the A holes around the league that are star players but cross that line Drew pouty , Duncan Keith , Dustin brown and the list keeps growing of star players that showed push back and won cups...or a cup. 

Heck doesn't Matt Cooke have a ring from his Pitts days?

one game away yes but we had two games in hand and maybe if one of the Sedins smacked that lil rat , that spark might have won us one game and that's all we needed and we would have a cup....

Let's not forget there seemed to be different rules for both teams that series (for the conspiracy theorist). Rome was suspended from the series and Boychuk got nothing for breaking Raymond's back for an example. The Sedin bobblehead should've been a penalty on Marchand, not for the action, but the repetitive action. I'm positive that had Sedin punched back, he's off.

Had we won, then we would've had our list of "dirty" players eg Kesler that would be on this list. Every team has those. Doesn't prove anything. Those players didn't win because of their push back, but because they are actually decent players in favourable markets to boot.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Refs put the whistles away in the playoffs, if the Sedins or a teammate would have stepped up and put Marchand in his place I doubt there would be penalties given out considering what Boston was doing to us.

I want us to win the cup before I am old or dead. I could care LESS about President's Trophies or Elite regular season play. At the end of the day you remember who WON the CUP at the end of the year NOT toe best regular season team

I certainly remember that we won the president's trophy that year. I want to win the Cup too but there isn't one way to get there.

As noted above, there seemed to be different rules for each team. Retaliation is almost always called. Perhaps the Sedins should've been aggressors, but that was never their game and not what got them to where they are in their hall of fame careers.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Let's not forget there seemed to be different rules for both teams that series (for the conspiracy theorist). Rome was suspended from the series and Boychuk got nothing for breaking Raymond's back for an example. The Sedin bobblehead should've been a penalty on Marchand, not for the action, but the repetitive action. I'm positive that had Sedin punched back, he's off.

Had we won, then we would've had our list of "dirty" players eg Kesler that would be on this list. Every team has those. Doesn't prove anything. Those players didn't win because of their push back, but because they are actually decent players in favourable markets to boot.

I agree about the rules but after that Rome hit, we were kinda lost and if a Sedin would have done something to the rat, it would have fired up the boys cause the Sedins never fight back...also it took them how many years to make it to the final, so why not leave it all out there....

Okay Duncan keith's hit on Daniel was dirty and it affected our playoffs too, the list goes on. 

Also we were a top team that kept losing to the wild card teams like LA and the Hawks. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay problem with that is....they went to one final, the whole time they were the kings of league.....

Now look at the A holes around the league that are star players but cross that line Drew pouty , Duncan Keith , Dustin brown and the list keeps growing of star players that showed push back and won cups...or a cup. 

Heck doesn't Matt Cooke have a ring from his Pitts days?

one game away yes but we had two games in hand and maybe if one of the Sedins smacked that lil rat , that spark might have won us one game and that's all we needed and we would have a cup....

The problem is that we were being led by "Team Sweden" instead of "Team Canada". :lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe it's charging, but had a Canuck thrown that hit, no one would be complaining about it. Hence why many here actually want Tkachuk.

I don't want dangerous players like Tkachuk, but I also don't care for undisciplined players like Kassian. Throwing haymakers on an unwilling player is just as dangerous of a play with real intent to injure.

The team may not be upset about it then, but if they miss the playoffs in a tight race, then I'm sure they won't be too happy unless they enjoy early golfing.

I honestly wouldn’t mind either Tkachuk or Kassian on our team.  

Still, both guys are clearly knuckleheads that could become distractions. Kassian’s little tantrum after legal, if predatory, hits was bush league and contributed to his team losing plus is going to net himself a suspension.  

Tkachuk is just a knob. I get irked at the fighting after a clean hit thing too but if you keep running at a guy expect some kind of retaliation.  There’s a line there and he’s going to put a target on his teammates back by not stepping up himself. 

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Great game to watch all around

Very fast paced

I hate to say this cause I'm on a Canuck forum but the battle of Alberta is some of the best regular season hockey has to offer.....

Its almost always nasty too. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar
  • Thanks 1