The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Jan. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Ouch.

Thats 3 boat anchors.

Well you need one for the bow and one for the stern on beach pickups.Wait maybe a grapple anchor for some grappling of things.Just saw the bill, good luck Minny.

The Wild did win some fans back with the money spent and commitment to win.

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Zach Parise cap hit: $7,538,461 (expires in 2024-2025 at age 39)

Ryan Suter cap hit: $7,538,461 (expires in 2024-2025 at age 39)

Mats Zucarrello cap hit: $6,000,000 (expires in 2023-2024 at age 36)

That is absolutely brutal for the Wild. 

I wonder what sort of recapture penalty the league will end up waiving for the Wild when Parise and Sutter retire at 37.

image.thumb.png.8c8002332b9ca5f796d239be09c80887.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I wonder what sort of recapture penalty the league will end up waiving for the Wild when Parise and Sutter retire at 37.

image.thumb.png.8c8002332b9ca5f796d239be09c80887.png

They’ll find some sort of excuse to get them out of those contracts because they’re not the Canucks. 

3 minutes ago, ForestFalcon said:

Personally didn't feel like it was the Canucks greatest game today, but man was Minnesota shooting themselves in the foot most of that game. Missing so many prime scoring chances, taking terrible penalties. Thank goodness Marky came up huge when they did get flurries of scoring chances because the Wild did not deserve points for the kind of outing they put out there.

Anyway, Canucks are going to have to execute better than that if they want to hope to beat the Jets. Winnipeg always seems to have our number, and considering they lost 1-0 against Nashville and are on a 2 game skip, I get the feeling their going to be hungry for a win and will try and pile up goals if we give them the chance.

I agree. The score and shot clock looks like we dominated, but it really does feel like the Wild were the better team except for a few small instances where we scored. Markstrom saved our bacon.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

You can tell the team was happy to get the win for BB

I like what I see from the young core - they get better every game

Winterpeg - wonder what the temp is there on Tues - it'll be a shocker for them coming back to the deep freeeze

GCG