The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Jets - Jan 14 2020 - 5pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

That line has been horrible the past 5 games. Something's gotta give. They get hemmed in their zone multiple times a game. Sutter's ability to get out of his own zone would be a welcome addition on that line imo.

Every single line gets pinned not because of the lines, but because they are playing the collapse system.

The idea is 'to get pinned' until the other team gives you the puck.

4th line has been great since Motte got back.

Sutter's in no man's land.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else roll their eyes on that between period piece on Baumgartner coaching the players before the Tampa game?

(played between periods in the Buff game, I believe)

On one hand, I can see him not wanting to show systems on camera, but.. 'imagine' is not a bona fide NHL coaching strategy, is it?

What we saw in that piece was base. Lame. Amateur hour. And it's no wonder we got shellacked.

Old gripe, I know, 4 games ago, I am just concerned with this area of the team heh.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nux_win said:

Since this is the "Frostbite Edition" I guess I should mention that it was -35 this morning when I walked my dog here in northern B.C.  Did some snowshoeing this afternoon at -28 with bright sunlight piercing through the snow covered spruce forest.  It was beautiful.  Go Canucks Go!

Ya its minus 32 where i am in the caribou right now. Not even that far north. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, xereau said:

Did anyone else roll their eyes on that between period piece on Baumgartner coaching the players before the Tampa game?

On one hand, I can see him not wanting to show systems on camera, but.. 'imagine' is not a bona fide NHL coaching strategy, is it?

What we saw in that piece was base. Lame. Amateur hour. And it's no wonder we got shellacked.

Old gripe, I know, 4 games ago, I am just concerned with this area of the team heh.

I thought 'wow, I can't believe the Canucks are giving away their defensive strategy secrets, now we will be exploited!!' !

now every team can use the CANUCKS 'SYSTEM' it won't be special any more

maybe next game they will have a Canuck coaches in cars segment and Brown can explain the Brown drop to the rest of the league

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Every single line gets pinned not because of the lines, but because they are playing the collapse system.

The idea is 'to get pinned' until the other team gives you the puck.

4th line has been great since Motte got back.

Sutter's in no man's land.

Wrong.  The defensive scheme isnt to 'collapse'.  It's to keep opponents to the outside when high.  It only looks like they collapse when they run out of energy and can't get to loose pucks first. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, xereau said:

? 100 percent troll comment here. 

I'm curious about your level of hockey in comparison to Baumgartner