The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Jets - Jan 14 2020 - 5pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Every single line gets pinned not because of the lines, but because they are playing the collapse system.

The idea is 'to get pinned' until the other team gives you the puck.

4th line has been great since Motte got back.

Sutter's in no man's land.

It's not a matter of them getting hemmed in no less than other lines. That line has had horrible possession stats. I was a fan of that line at the beginning of the season but it's been noticeably bad the past several games, going back to the 7 game win streak. Schaller and Beagle have the worst +/- on the team. That line shares the bottom 3 spots for Corsi on the team out of anyone that's played more than 8 games this year. It's bad.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

It's not a matter of them getting hemmed in no less than other lines. That line has had horrible possession stats. I was a fan of that line at the beginning of the season but it's been noticeably bad the past several games, going back to the 7 game win streak. Schaller and Beagle have the worst +/- on the team. That line shares the bottom 3 spots for Corsi on the team out of anyone that's played more than 8 games this year. It's bad.

Beagle would rather put the puck on the boards and stand over it, than possess it heh.

30 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

On one hand they haven't had their jump that makes them a hard line to play against, and the other is the level of competition they usually face.

In other words, hard minutes and maybe not executing as well as they need to

29 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

That Plus minus has to be taken with a grain of salt

No one on the line is a point producer to offset the minuses they take, however they are used in the defensive zone quite a bit.

I would like to see an upgrade on Schaller, potentially Ferland or Roussel once Ferland is back

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jets have been losing at home lately and just got shutout by NSH. They're going to want to win this one, I hope the Canucks are ready for it. Coming home on a 3-game winning streak sounds good to me.  

This won't be as easy as the last 2 games but I am surprised how much the mighty Jets have fallen. Definitely not the same team without big Buff but still a good challenge non the less.

• Like 1