The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Jets - Jan 14 2020 - 5pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

"The Jets have beaten the Canucks in each of their past nine meetings, outscoring them 31-10 during that span. Furthermore, in 11 of their past 13 games, the Jets have held the Canucks to two goals or fewer. One more, while we’re at it: Winnipeg has outscored Vancouver 22-5 in their last seven games at Bell MTS Place."

Suffice it to say the Nucks have their work cut out for them tonight. They need to play a solid D game or else they will get blown out of the MTS Place. The Jets will be hungry after being blanked by Nashville of all teams. I don't have a good feeling about this game, they will be tired, just hope that the Nucks put in a solid game and perhaps get some bounces their way

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Love the Canuck colours. Go Big Tuna! Gauds will get a beaut with a Shotgun assist. 

I've noticed this season, they're selling a lot of the skate logo merch, coming out wtih new stuff, etc. I know that this is the 50th anniversary year, so they're wearing those unies, but I wonder if they're testing the reception of this logo again, and maybe they'll eventually use it again as the main jersey? I do hope so, everyone seems to love it.

53 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Glad others have seen how bad the 4th line looks considering how well Motte has played. Roussel is not playing like his self either. Would like to see a bit more of the Jake,Gaud and Motte line and REST the other 3 for a few shifts.

I was just thinking, perhaps try Virtanen (LW) with Gaudette (C) and Motte (RW), and try Roussel on (LW) with Beagle (C) and Sutter (RW).

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Nashville were able to beat Winnipeg with Yannick Weber as a top pairing defenseman, Vancouver should be able to.

Playing physical and using their speed will be key.

Execution execution execution!  

Canucks always make it harder on themselves when they arnt managing the puck well/turning it over leading to more defending.  

55 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Good news everyone. I won't be watching this one. History shows that we're all but guaranteed a win without me witnessing it.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, Qwags said:

Everytime. Everytime I miss a game, we end up playing great. Why?

Stop watching live Qwags :)

Hahaha, thanks for taking my advice @Qwags!  You're a true team player :)

Edited by Viper007

29 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

"The Jets have beaten the Canucks in each of their past nine meetings, outscoring them 31-10 during that span. Furthermore, in 11 of their past 13 games, the Jets have held the Canucks to two goals or fewer. One more, while we’re at it: Winnipeg has outscored Vancouver 22-5 in their last seven games at Bell MTS Place."

Suffice it to say the Nucks have their work cut out for them tonight. They need to play a solid D game or else they will get blown out of the MTS Place. The Jets will be hungry after being blanked by Nashville of all teams. I don't have a good feeling about this game, they will be tired, just hope that the Nucks put in a solid game and perhaps get some bounces their way

I believe they can do it tonight!

On 1/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, mj vic said:

Really want a win in regulation, if no other reason than to shut up the media that is constantly reminding us of our failure to do so.

Not sure how that's a thing.

image.png.a554cd1d2d1fa360e6323571bd53b0ee.png

2nd most RW, and with games in hand on every team.

Edited by Gaudette Celly
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Not sure how that's a thing.

image.png.c18bbd662fd8de6059cc0f2deebb80b4.png

2nd most RW, and with games in hand on every team.

What i find interesting about those kinds of comments, is that I watch and listen to lots of sports, and yet I never hear all this anti-canuck banter. 

Am I listening to the wrong broadcasts or is my skin just thicker than the rest 

I don't think my skin has been scientifically proven to be thinker...