The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zack Kassian suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Type R said:

Man it blows me away how the league keeps getting this wrong.  If the officials called the cheap shot, then it wouldn't have escalated to where Kassian had to make a statement.  MT was visibily head hunting Kassian the entire game and it was basically ignored, and escalated to this.  He walked the grey line, got away with it, and created that situation, then turtled rather than answering for his bs.  He has zero respect for anyone in the league, and sooner or later it will catch up to him.. well, maybe not because Marchand is still around.

Did you see how pathetic that worm ktapuke is?  He literally tried to run away and hide after he tried to take Kass's head off.  What a punk.  Dirt bag just like his father I suppose...at least his old man would have taken his lumps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Just in time for the rematch... awesome lol 

Which is exactly why it was 2 games and not 3 which was the precedent set with Nurse.

The league can pretend they don’t like this stuff all they want but they know it’s good for the game.

Wish they would just drop the instigator rule already and let players police themselves.

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Tkachuk should have received a penalty for the first hit on Kassian and that would have helped defuse the situation.  It looked like charging and it definitely looks like Tkachuk left his feet while also making contact with Kassian's head.  The second hit wasn't exactly better and might have been worse too.  Kassian is lucky to have a sturdy neck.

I'm not saying Kassian should have done what he did to Tkachuk but what would anyone expect from him when the refs are clearly doing nothing about it?  Seems pretty dumb that he gets suspended after get 14-min in penalties and when his team lost while Tkachuk gets absolutely nothing.

Agreed. The first hit seemed like direct contact to the head. Where is the suspension on that one? I liked how Kassian took it into his own hands but I'm old-school. I had no idea that Tkchuck Jr. was such a gutless wimp.

I believe this is the start of what will be a fairly swift process to have fighting removed from the game. I've said for some time now that when Cherry goes so will fighting.

Too much liability for the league and potential life-long health concerns for the players.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Agreed. The first hit seemed like direct contact to the head. Where is the suspension on that one? I liked how Kassian took it into his own hands but I'm old-school. I had no idea that Tkchuck Jr. was such a gutless wimp.

I believe this is the start of what will be a fairly swift process to have fighting removed from the game. I've said for some time now that when Cherry goes so will fighting.

Too much liability for the league and potential life-long health concerns for the players.

That was the second hit. 

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I know, there are only 2 being circulated and the other wan't as egregious.  He was trying to get Kassian wound up and it worked

Really... it was just as much of a charge and a blind side hit as the last two also knocking his helmet off. 

31 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Should just make this the new wallpaper of the Calgary website and change their name to the Calgary Turtles.

If you're going to throw a hit like that, have the guts to go toe to toe.

They should rename the Saddledome the Turtledome! 

• Cheers 1

When has it been the norm for a forward to bolt down below the goal line and target a player who, in at least two of the incidents, is engaged with a defence man? I’ve watched this game for a lot of years and my instinct in this case, my only instinct, was that this was blatant targeting by MT, sneaky, predatory and ugly.
Straight up, face to face engagement and I can even defend the player but this kind of stuff makes me want to lace them up again and (without blood boiling too much) teach young Mathew Through experience, how a clean hit is administered and what it feels like, over and over and over and over again.