The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zack Kassian suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, Squamfan said:

even if the other player is a prick?

Well, personally, I have no issue with what Kassian did. I would have been fine with the penalties assessed in game, but I can also see the reason for the suspension.

However, it has been obvious for some time that the way Kassian reacted would be frowned upon by the league. One player cannot be allowed to engage another who is unwilling.

Why the league not only allowed but essentially condoned Tkachuk's cheap hits, I have no idea. We are all aware of the DoPS lack of consistency. In the least, Tkachuk should have been penalized for charging on the second hit. He clearly took five full strides into the bodycheck.

Nor do I like that he turned his back into the hits (first and second). How is a player in any control of his body contact once he turns his back? It's reckless.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Maninthebox said:

Well, personally, I have no issue with what Kassian did. I would have been fine with the penalties assessed in game, but I can also see the reason for the suspension.

However, it has been obvious for some time that the way Kassian reacted would be frowned upon by the league. One player cannot be allowed to engage another who is unwilling.

Why the league not only allowed but essentially condoned Tkachuk's cheap hits, I have no idea. We are all aware of the DoPS lack of consistency. In the least, Tkachuk should have been penalized for charging on the second hit. He clearly took five full strides into the bodycheck.

Nor do I like that he turned his back into the hits (first and second). How is a player in any control of his body contact once he turns his back? It's reckless.

It’s worth the 2 games for Kass to defend himself and his teammates.  I totally agree that players choosing to leave their position to target another guy (and clearly it’s charging) that player should be suspended.  That’s way more dangerous than a (not staged) fight.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s worth the 2 games for Kass to defend himself and his teammates.  I totally agree that players choosing to leave their position to target another guy (and clearly it’s charging) that player should be suspended.  That’s way more dangerous than a (not staged) fight.  

this incident justifies Benning passing on Tkatpuke. He's a little scumbag other players don't respect. If he was here, it would only be amplified given how much of the rest of the league hates us. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Maninthebox said:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Everybody is saying kassian got suspended because its 2020, lol what does that mean, somebody in the league got offended 

well if Matt Tkachuk is going to the allstar game there is no way theNHL can suspend him, what with Ovi , Fleury  not going and that other young guy ( i forget his name) saying "don't vote for me"

the NHL is in damage control so Zack is a sacrifice to the allstar game.

I wonder what Jerome Iginla would say about this?

47 minutes ago, Monty said:

7A8B9FAA-3D90-4ABD-AB06-6ABD0364C876.jpeg

Does he remember what it’s like being in the playoffs, though?

I really liked the interview though... Kassians allowed MT to get under his skin and gave the Lames the pp.  As a result the Lames won that battle but not the war.  3 more meetings between these teams... We'll see if MT takes runs at Kass or his teammates going forward. 

MT should have answered the bell.  Lost respect among his peers and fans there.   

I hate the Lames and dislike the Oilers.  I'd normally only watch these teams if they're playing the Canucks but, I'll be watching the next game for sure.  Battle of Alberta just got a big boost!

• Upvote 1

Okay for all the posters that call MT a coward , maybe we should wait until the next game they play against each  other and sees if MT drops the gloves cause the game was 3 - 3 ........ Gutless yea but his team won but now let's see if his a gutless coward or a genius for targeting Kassin......

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, lmm said:

so Matt Tkachuk, Steve Moore and Mike Mathesson go into a dark alley

Who comes out?

ha, how do I make this a poll?

Mathesson chokes slams Moore and Tkachuk hides in a trash can waiting for the perfect time to crack Mathesson over the head with a bottle.......:bigblush:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Kronwall kept his eyes on his targets. MT turns away at the last moment. Subtle difference, perhaps, but it matters.

And as much as we fans (many of us) enjoyed seeing someone get Kronwalled, you don't see many positive reactions from the players in those clips. 

For what it's worth, I don't like the charge by MT. Either of the (two) hits could have been made clean had he simply held up a bit more. Gutless hits, gutless reaction to the 'challenge' after.

Can't deny he was effective, however.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

Kronwall kept his eyes on his targets. MT turns away at the last moment. Subtle difference, perhaps, but it matters.

And as much as we fans (many of us) enjoyed seeing someone get Kronwalled, you don't see many positive reactions from the players in those clips. 

For what it's worth, I don't like the charge by MT. Either of the (two) hits could have been made clean had he simply held up a bit more. Gutless hits, gutless reaction to the 'challenge' after.

Can't deny he was effective, however.

Only people cheering are their own fans or fans of big hits and I have no problem with how Kassin answered but while kassin is rag dolling MT , he almost hits his head on the ice a few times....that's the only thing I have a problem with......Kassin went a lil overboard but I understand that but I don't want to see that type of rag dolling in the game....