Sign in to follow this  
10pavelbure96

Free Agency Reunion adding toughness

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

In what way are the Canucks tough enough.

At this point we rank 27th in the league in team fights with 4 (13 fights in 2018/19)... and 3 of those fights were done by players not even in the lineup currently.

I'm not advocating that we get Kassian, and not saying fights are the only measure..just saying that we are not tough. We are bigger than we were last season, but not tough. Not individually or team tough.. and I am terrified of actually making the playoffs and Petey out there with a guy like Turtlechuck in the playoffs

We’re not fighting tough, but we have a lot of character toughness.  We have no Double Flamingo perimeter softies.  All our guys play the right way, and don’t chicken out.  We take hits to make plays and battle hard all over the ice.  Too bad Furley is likely done as a fighter.  We need that element for sure.  

• Upvote 1

I would rather spend the extra money on reeves, he can target the right way. Loved watching reeves battle E Kane. 

Man I wish Kane signed here instead of with the Sharks :( Kane Petey brock

miller bo Jake. I like the looks of that a lot. :) 

49 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

In what way are the Canucks tough enough.

At this point we rank 27th in the league in team fights with 4 (13 fights in 2018/19)... and 3 of those fights were done by players not even in the lineup currently.

I'm not advocating that we get Kassian, and not saying fights are the only measure..just saying that we are not tough. We are bigger than we were last season, but not tough. Not individually or team tough.. and I am terrified of actually making the playoffs and Petey out there with a guy like Turtlechuck in the playoffs

i appreciate you probably do not think the sedins were tough

toughness is style of play, hits, being able to control the puck, puck retrieval

nucks are much better this year then last

who has been taken advantage of this season?

i think that really was more of an issue last season

if ferland were active we'd be better then average in terms of team toughness

kassian really does not add much

chucky schooled him and he cost the coilers the game

he has very little value in my view

edmonton should just keep him

Kassian can stay in Edmonton;) he will want more then his worth.. we need upgrades on defence/offence! Even though he’s can add grit, I’d rather use our cap on a proven pure goal scorer:) 

I've always loved Kass. His KO of Eager was legendary.

However, I doubt that he makes it to free agency and if he does it will be because Edmonton couldn't afford him meaning, the Canucks couldn't afford him either as long as their is so much dead weight taking up cap space.