Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 14, 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Oh I didn’t realize you knew what he was saying to them. If he was making the same mistakes Willie did we wouldn’t be where we are right now in the standings.

 

Fantenberg and Tyler motte would be getting top minutes instead of Hughes and Pettersson. Comparing Green to WD is absolutely ridiculous. 

Well by the looks of it , it didn't fire up rooster , Guad and Jake......

ha you forgetting Willis's first year that team made the coach look good and I'm starting to wonder about the same with Green...

The team was going to get better no matter what when Jim is drafting like he is.....

 

When Jake was hot there for awhile , posters screamed for him to get top six minutes but Green gave the minutes/spot to leivo....can say the same thing about Guad. 

 

They both have showed similar mistakes....

 

edit* I don't put all the blame on Green cause I think his coaching staff does him no favors other then the goalie coach...

 

Edited by RowdyCanuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake just scored a goal 2 game ago.  He won't be scoring every game.  If he sores 20 goal and 40 points, that leaves 42 games when he doesn't score

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

How can you say that? He plays like burrows to be honest, burr had juice backing him up and over jakes career his captain has thrown him under the bus for a late hit and if rumors are true Willie told jake to easy up cause he can really hurt players with his hits. 

Jake isn't the pack leader just like burr wasn't and we need to find a pack leader ferland might be it but I'm not holding my breathe cause his best hockey he played was in Calgary and he had that D man watching his back.  

 

If jake had people that encouraged him to muck it up from the start we might be looking at a different player.....

 

also so that whole line has gone quiet. Rooster Guad and Jake so can't put that all on Jake. 

Jake plays nothing like Burrows. Burr took his limited hockey skills and perfected them, worked at them and climbed his way to the top with determination and passion. Then he brought that passion day in and day out.

 

JV took all of his talent and skills, and brings them to the ice 1 in every 10 games.... more recently 1 in every 4-6 games. (progress I guess.. but 10 games is not enough to convince me he is JV 2.0)

Also, I'm not blaming JV for his line not producing, or the team getting shut out.. I'm just tired of everyone's excuses for his lack of effort, consistency etc. At some point, JV's lack of effort, production, passion, aggressiveness, puck rushes etc... is on him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Jake just scored a goal 2 game ago.  He won't be scoring every game.  If he sores 20 goal and 40 points, that leaves 42 games when he doesn't score

I don't use the scoresheet to determine how someone is playing.. I watch the games. Maybe next game, watch Jake without the puck, watch him do fly bys.. watch how he transitions into the back check. Fastest guy on the team, very slow to transition and start a back check.

I get that people see him being something great in 2 more years... but right now the facts are there. I'm simply pointing them out. I think these are more accurate and relavent than a good 10 game run of scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Jake plays nothing like Burrows. Burr took his limited hockey skills and perfected them, worked at them and climbed his way to the top with determination and passion. Then he brought that passion day in and day out.

 

JV took all of his talent and skills, and brings them to the ice 1 in every 10 games.... more recently 1 in every 4-6 games. (progress I guess.. but 10 games is not enough to convince me he is JV 2.0)

Also, I'm not blaming JV for his line not producing, or the team getting shut out.. I'm just tired of everyone's excuses for his lack of effort, consistency etc. At some point, JV's lack of effort, production, passion, aggressiveness, puck rushes etc... is on him. 

Their both pests.....I'll leave it there. 

( go read what I posted one page back to Bree cause that answers your question) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:
33 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I just meant both Jake and burr are pests not really fighters...

when jake wants to be he can be a big pest ha.

It's just we don't see it on a nightly bases..

if that line is pestering the other team , it's probably our second best line most nights but when they don't pester their quiet. 

Their both pests.....I'll leave it there. 

( go read what I posted one page back to Bree cause that answers your question) 

Gotcha, I hear what you're saying... so here's my question then. When has Jake ever been a pest? better yet, when has that line ever pestered the other team?

I would lose my nut if Jake, Rooster and Gawd started hitting and running their mouths. Even Rooster has gone quiet... Maybe it's not JV, maybe it's Green. I dunno.. I'm just frustrated. It's cold outside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Well by the looks of it , it didn't fire up rooster , Guad and Jake......

ha you forgetting Willis's first year that team made the coach look good and I'm starting to wonder about the same with Green...

The team was going to get better no matter what when Jim is drafting like he is.....

 

When Jake was hot there for awhile , posters screamed for him to get top six minutes but Green gave the minutes/spot to leivo....can say the same thing about Guad. 

 

They both have showed similar mistakes....

 

edit* I don't put all the blame on Green cause I think his coaching staff does him no favors other then the goalie coach...

 

Green is an outstanding coach when it comes to how he deploys and handles the ice time for the young players on this team. You can’t chalk the development of these players up to Jim’s drafting IMO. Green knows these players better than any of us on CDC ever could and he puts them in situations that they will excel in. 
 

Gaudette is our third line center and they want to develop him to be a center. So they can’t put him above JT miller or Bo horvat on the top two lines. 
 

And as for Jake, he was on the top line with Miller and Petey instead of boeser for the majority of the game last night. He’s earning the coaches trust and he’s being rewarded as the season goes on. I don’t think Jake is as good defensively yet as Lievo and the line of Pearson-Horvat-Lievo was always put against the best players in the league. But now he’s getting there and we’re seeing him moved up the line up.

 

The players sure looked fired up in the third to me, they dominated the majority of that period with the shots being 14-6 and a lot of grade A scoring chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Gotcha, I hear what you're saying... so here's my question then. When has Jake ever been a pest? better yet, when has that line ever pestered the other team?

I would lose my nut if Jake, Rooster and Gawd started hitting and running their mouths. Even Rooster has gone quiet... Maybe it's not JV, maybe it's Green. I dunno.. I'm just frustrated. It's cold outside.

It's been acouple games since I've seen a spark on that line. 

Jake has scrummed it up before and skates away smiling( I love that ha) I've mentioned before that when Jake didn't back down from reeves that kinda showed me to give Jake some benifit and question Green a lil more. 

When Guad and Jake were hot , they played a kes like game clean but hardworking....

playing hard can piss people off easier then chirping or scrummig it up. 

I can honestly say Jake is probably the best big clean hitter in the game but he plays more of a smarter game now and Green doesn't tell him to target star players or I haven't seen that, that Pitts game where he was targeting Gino is how I would like to see Jake play every night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It's been acouple games since I've seen a spark on that line. 

Jake has scrummed it up before and skates away smiling( I love that ha) I've mentioned before that when Jake didn't back down from reeves that kinda showed me to give Jake some benifit and question Green a lil more. 

When Guad and Jake were hot , they played a kes like game clean but hardworking....

playing hard can piss people off easier then chirping or scrummig it up. 

I can honestly say Jake is probably the best big clean hitter in the game but he plays more of a smarter game now and Green doesn't tell him to target star players or I haven't seen that, that Pitts game where he was targeting Gino is how I would like to see Jake play every night. 

Jake and Gaud are playing great.  Rooster, after the initial adrenaline rush of his return, is still in catch-up mode.  Would Jake be this player now without Green?  Or would he have gotten to this level sooner without Green?

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Green is an outstanding coach when it comes to how he deploys and handles the ice time for the young players on this team. You can’t chalk the development of these players up to Jim’s drafting IMO. Green knows these players better than any of us on CDC ever could and he puts them in situations that they will excel in. 
 

Gaudette is our third line center and they want to develop him to be a center. So they can’t put him above JT miller or Bo horvat on the top two lines. 
 

And as for Jake, he was on the top line with Miller and Petey instead of boeser for the majority of the game last night. He’s earning the coaches trust and he’s being rewarded as the season goes on. I don’t think Jake is as good defensively yet as Lievo and the line of Pearson-Horvat-Lievo was always put against the best players in the league. But now he’s getting there and we’re seeing him moved up the line up.

 

The players sure looked fired up in the third to me, they dominated the majority of that period with the shots being 14-6 and a lot of grade A scoring chances.

All those reasons you stated is why I like green as an ahl coach but the mistakes his made are similar to Willie at the NHL level but I also put some of the bland on his staff abunch of rookies......not talking about the goalie coach. 

 

I'm no coach but green isn't winning games by coaching, his winning games cause he has game changers playing for him. 

I could coach this team with this much talent and probably win as many games using his basic systems , I would also use Bo as kes cause bo creates offence by out working players ( not saying his not skilled but his like kes in that way) (the most talent we have seen in awhile and we have depth unlike the last few years)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Coach green knew it was going to be a long and grindy one and he still plays marky. Astounding 

at how winning a few games in a row hides the fact that he is a terrible coach. Awful. He has presented

me with zero evidence his coaching style is changing this team for good or bad. Were going up

against this team we barely win against and he has no strategy other than just keep rolling what

he has been rolling. 

About goal tending, I thought at that time: why not put Demko in? since chances are it will be a loss and maybe Demko can bring a different play style in, also would be better to rest Markstrom....maybe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

All those reasons you stated is why I like green as an ahl coach but the mistakes his made are similar to Willie at the NHL level but I also put some of the bland on his staff abunch of rookies......not talking about the goalie coach. 

 

I'm no coach but green isn't winning games by coaching, his winning games cause he has game changers playing for him. 

I could coach this team with this much talent and probably win as many games using his basic systems , I would also use Bo as kes cause bo creates offence by out working players ( not saying his not skilled but his like kes in that way) (the most talent we have seen in awhile and we have depth unlike the last few years)

Was it Bellichek who said coaches don’t win games; they lose them?  

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake and Gaud are playing great.  Rooster, after the initial adrenaline rush of his return, is still in catch-up mode.  Would Jake be this player now without Green?  Or would he have gotten to this level sooner without Green?

That's why I like green as an ahl coach.....

also would Jake by a meaner player if he was drafted by Calgary or a team that plays his style unlike when Jake first came to the Canucks ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LateNightBus said:

About goal tending, I thought at that time: why not put Demko in? since chances are it will be a loss and maybe Demko can bring a different play style in, also would be better to rest Markstrom....maybe.

Marky looked off last night.  That’s how he looks, when he’s tired.  That’s on Green.  Load management is super important, and Green misses the boat on that subject.  

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's why I like green as an ahl coach.....

also would Jake by a meaner player if he was drafted by Calgary or a team that plays his style unlike when Jake first came to the Canucks ?

Had you ever heard a coach throw his own player under the bus like Willie D did when Jake clobbered that Toronto guy?  I agree with you that our coaches here have actually retarded Jake’s development, especially Willie D.  (Another proven to be career AHL or CHL coach.)

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was it Bellichek who said coaches don’t win games; they lose them?  

When your players get better or you get more skill on the team, it will either show you if you have a good system or a bad....or if you have the right players....

i think we have the right players to play with a lil more bite don't you agree?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Had you ever heard a coach throw his own player under the bus like Willie D did when Jake clobbered that Toronto guy?  I agree with you that our coaches here have actually retarded Jake’s development, especially Willie D.  (Another proven to be career AHL or CHL coach.)

I haven't but that's why I say their making similar mistakes....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I haven't but that's why I say their making similar mistakes....

Guys like Gallant don’t come free often.  We missed out on Trots.  Sometimes the GM has to do what’s needed (even if the timing isn’t quite right) to make his team better. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake and Gaud are playing great.  Rooster, after the initial adrenaline rush of his return, is still in catch-up mode.  Would Jake be this player now without Green?  Or would he have gotten to this level sooner without Green?

Jake and Gaud have not been playing great, Gaud is terrible on face offs and Jake keeps disappearing  in games. he is better than what he puts forth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marky looked off last night.  That’s how he looks, when he’s tired.  That’s on Green.  Load management is super important, and Green misses the boat on that subject.  

I believe it’s actually the goalie coach that makes those calls. I understand that green has final say but they take what the goalie coach says heavily into consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.