The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 14, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Good effort by the team, but no luck whatsoever.

This was 3-rd game in 4 days with travel. And, in my mind, this is the main reason for lack of finish tonight.

And I think, the fresher Marky would stop the first goal. 

I doubt many goalies would stop that one timer. Fresh or not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Can we just leave him on ltir and forget him , which would be easy cause I can barely remember what he looks like in a Canucks jersey......:bigblush:

Nobody really cares about him anymore.  What's the point of playing 3 games then miss the next 20...I only wish Ferland can come back soon and be the player he was.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not a very memorable game but I have to give props to Coach Travis for shortening his bench in the 3rd and sitting the ineffective guys such as Schaller, Beagle and Ericksson. 

There was more flow to the game and it generated quite a few chances. 

I agree though that our gritty guys need to play with a little more aggression and the odd hit here and there would go a long ways. 

Its like the adult league where there is no hitting in the game. BORING!!!!!!!!::D

• Upvote 2

This was a game where some more inspired play from the grinders would have been nice.

Jay Beagle is underwhelming, and I am being charitable with that assessment.

Secondary scoring needs to happen more often as well.

Let's not sign anymore 30 somethings from former Stanley Cup winning teams, they aren't hungry, they just want a paycheck.

Special teams need to be fixed, they stand around way too much on the PP AND the PK. Get that puck to the net, no need to pass 500 times.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team has skill and speed, but they have little to no pushback. Pretty tame little team. 

Outside of Roussel and Miller on the odd occasion this team is too soft. Motte has the heart but not the bite.

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Outside of Roussel and Miller on the odd occasion this team is too soft. Motte has the heart but not the bite.

Agreed, the whole team is soft, including the captain.  I wonder if it is the players, or the coach.  I tend to think it is the coach, a hard tough coach would not allow his players to be soft in tough situations....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dogcrazy said:

Agreed, the whole team is soft, including the captain.  I wonder if it is the players, or the coach.  I tend to think it is the coach, a hard tough coach would not allow his players to be soft in tough situations....

soft tfd101 GIF by Tacoma FD

When the coach gets hard, everyone's hard.

Just now, Dogcrazy said:

I think its part of the legacy of this team in recent years combined with the characteristics of the players they look for.  The guys on this team all seem to be genuinely good people.  Turn the other cheek kind of people.  It makes for a good team environment but doesn't always play out well in a contact, physical competitive environment.  You need those guys that take the battle to the other team and answer the bell when required.  Some of the toughest SOB's on the ice were Princes off the ice - Jarome Iginla was one of them.  You need those guys in my opinion to win.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

I agree.

I got flamed for proposing signing Kassian in Ufa

Obviously they would have to make it work contract wise, somehow remove Eriksson or do something.

But we need some angry grit.

• Cheers 2