The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) A possible realistic trade to remove Eriksson

5 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

There is a notion in the Canucks fan base that some how the Canucks have the Cap space next season to sign

Markstrom

Stecher

Virtanen

Gaud 

and some might want to also keep Leivo

And that some how 

Sutter 

Eriksson

Baer

and maybe even Beagle are going are just magically be traded off this team with no cap in return or the Canucks not retaining cap. 

One thing I'm sure of is next years Canucks lineup is going to have to look much different then this years lineup

Are you not one of us Canuck’s fans?

Stecher is done with us unless he is willing to go to UFA status, and sign for a lot less.  He’s like Hutton that way.

Jake and Gaud are getting minimal increases. 

Marky will get a good contract, because he’s part of the core.

Jake, Gaud, and Stecher are not core pieces.  If they are traded away, it’s no big loss.  

16 hours ago, the grinder said:

9 million for 2 more years after this,  why would  our new rival ,seattle take pk .in the expansion draft for  to do us a favour , cant see any of that happening ,  

you know every team leaves several players open in each position in the expansion draft, but only lose one

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stecher is done with us unless he is willing to go to UFA status, and sign for a lot less.  He’s like Hutton that way.

Jake, Gaud, and Stecher are not core pieces.  If they are traded away, it’s no big loss.  

Yes I'm part of the Canucks fan base I'm also an NHL fan more. I don't just follow the Canuck. Growing up I rooted for the Habs (cause of there long history) and Wings Steve Y was one of my favorite players. The Canucks of course Bure and Linden. When the Jets came back I was happy to see another Canadian city have their team back. Even Edm with Conner McDavid say what you want about him but History will show that he will be one of the greats of this era. Gretzky played for Edm as well are we not suppose to like him. Truthfully the way I see it if 2 of my favorite team plays against each other it makes the rival even more fun. I loved the games against VAn and Det way back then. Jets and Canucks now (yes I wish the Canucks could beat them more often).  Or the Chi and Van rival love that. I think Toews is a great player reminds me of Steve Y it was always fun watching those teams go head to head. especially when the Canucks lose to the team for a long time and then beat them in a game that really matters (playoffs). that's how I feel about the Jets I can so see the Canucks winning a game 7 against them.

My point there is that some fans have blinders on about their team. 

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Yes I'm part of the Canucks fan base I'm also an NHL fan more. I don't just follow the Canuck. Growing up I rooted for the Habs (cause of there long history) and Wings Steve Y was one of my favorite players. The Canucks of course Bure and Linden. When the Jets came back I was happy to see another Canadian city have their team back. Even Edm with Conner McDavid say what you want about him but History will show that he will be one of the great of this era. Gretzky played for Edm as well are we not suppose to like him. Truthfully the way I see it if 2 of my favorite team plays against each other it makes the rival even more fun. I loved the games against VAn and Det way back then. Jets and Canucks now (yes I wish the Canucks could beat them more often).  Or the Chi and Van rival love that. I think Toews is a great player reminds me of Steve Y it was always fun watching those teams go head to head. especially when the Canucks lose to the team for a long time and then beat them in a game that really matters (playoffs). that's how I feel about the Jets I can so see the Canucks winning a game 7 against them.

My point there is that some fans have blinders on about their team. 

Of course true fans have blinders.  That’s what it is to be fanatical.  

Since you’re able to look at us without bias (something I can’t do) what do you think about us dumping Green and getting Gallant? 

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

one other thing I think most people that follow hockey would say that Stecher is a far better Player then Hutton. I believe Stercher could easily get 2.75- 3.5milion

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Of course true fans have blinders.  That’s what it is to be fanatical.  

Since you’re able to look at us without bias (something I can’t do) what do you think about us dumping Green and getting Gallant? 

I personally don't like Green system they don't play enoung D. 

Gallant system is very similar

Green=Gallant

So Green > Gallant because Green knows our players I would call that a move for the sake of a move. If Green had lost the room which I don't believe he is anywhere close to it be a different situation.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

one other thing I think most people that follow hockey would say that Stecher is a far better Player then Hutton. I believe Stercher could easily get 2.75- 3.5milion

I think his QO has to be 3.5 or near that.  That’s too much for his level of bottom pair D man.  A team might give him that, but it will not be here.  Stecher will definitely be a UFA on July 1.  

32 minutes ago, lmm said:

you know every team leaves several players open in each position in the expansion draft, but only lose one

I know that   op is saying seattle would definitely take subban over say demko  in a expansion draft  , if I am the rival gm  what screws the canucks more  ,  the 9 million cap hit and then take the back up goalie  or take a 9 million dollar cap hit off the books for the canucks  , seattle isn't going to do us a favour 

Just now, the grinder said:

I know that   op is saying seattle would definitely take subban over say demko  in a expansion draft  , if I am the rival gm  what screws the canucks more  ,  the 9 million cap hit and then take the back up goalie  or take a 9 million dollar cap hit off the books for the canucks  , seattle isn't going to do us a favour 

I missed where he said that.

I don't see Seattle taking Subban either

if they don't take a goalie I could see tham taking Pearson 

Although I would protect Pearson ove Roussell

3 minutes ago, the grinder said:

I did not say that I actually believe the Canucks protect Demko.

I believe Markstrom signs somewhere else next season

I think The Canucks could expose Myers and Subban and given what the Canucks have to expose on forward that they take 1 of Subban or Myers. Myers would have 3 years left Subban 1 year left. Subban would look to be the better Choice

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Mark my words their is zero chance that Markstrom is here next season even if he where to sign for 5 million it doesn't work under our current cap situation. Only way that Markstrom gets signed if Eriksson is off the books and we take no cap in return. Canucks could maybe retain 25% of Erikssons contract.

For Leivo it is simple you are absolutely right he has been pretty solid for the Canucks, He is also a UFA next season currently making 1.5 mill and anything over 2 mill would make it difficult to retain him under our current cap situation. Stecher is younger and would be great to retain however as I said in the OP he is a RFA next season with arbitration rights and could easily garner  3.5 mill plus. We can take Subban 9.00mill cause the Canucks would be getting rid of Eriksson 6.00mill and Baer 3.367 mill next year total 9.367mill. 

lol  your the one that wants to get pk subban for 9 million for 2 more years , I think the canuncks can make a deal work for marky  i

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

I missed where he said that.

I don't see Seattle taking Subban either

if they don't take a goalie I could see tham taking Pearson 

Although I would protect Pearson ove Roussell

They cant take Pearson he is a UFA 

And I think we Protect Roussel

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

lol  your the one that wants to get pk subban for 9 million for 2 more years , I think the canuncks can make a deal work for marky  I

It is not just taking on PK for 9 mill it is getting rid of Eriksson and Baer at a total of 9.367 mill that is a net cap gain 

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

lol  your the one that wants to get pk subban for 9 million for 2 more years , I think the canuncks can make a deal work for marky  I

Furthermore unless the Canucks know for sure Eriksson is retiring, there is no cap way to sign Markstron.

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I did not say that I actually believe the Canucks protect Demko.

I believe Markstrom signs somewhere else next season

I think The Canucks could expose Myers and Subban and given what the Canucks have to expose on forward that they take 1 of Subban or Myers. Myers would have 3 years left Subban 1 year left. Subban would look to be the better Choice

you have to expose a goalie   and no marky isn't going anywhere  ,   let be realistic here   no team is trading is trading 5 nhl contracts to a team   , we aren't getting some 9 million dollar dman  that will hand cuff even longer than just keeping baer and loui  ,   we need to sign petey and hughes  , petey next contract  could be 9 million   rather spend it on petey than subban  ,    look at karlsson as a lesson  he is making the sharks better?   hell no   

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

you have to expose a goalie   and no marky isn't going anywhere  ,   let be realistic here   no team is trading is trading 5 nhl contracts to a team   , we aren't getting some 9 million dollar dman  that will hand cuff even longer than just keeping baer and loui  ,   we need to sign petey and hughes  , petey next contract  could be 9 million   rather spend it on petey than subban  ,    look at karlsson as a lesson  he is making the sharks better?   hell no   

First if you think Karlsson is the problem with SJS you haven't been paying attention.

Second, why not 5 for 2 trade just cause you say so doesn't make it impossible,

With the Contracts coming off the books the season after next there will be plenty to sign Petty and Hughes to 10 mill contracts if that is what they garner

6 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Lets assume that Markstrom gets only 6 million per year please use capfriendly and show here how you get him and the rest of the team under contract next season and cause you brought it up the season after with Hughes and petty at 9 mill each.

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

sure there is   just don't re sign leivo  1.5  right there  add that to marky that 5,1   

To easy.

Markstrom gets 3.667+1.5= Markstrom gets 5.167 mill I wonder if anyone else believes he signs for only 5.167 mill

how about Leivo replacement min salaty .700 

So you have added min 5.867 mill to the roster and haven't signed Stecher, Tanev, Virtanen, or Gaud yet it all factors in. Based on your logic their all making the same amount