The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights. Gerard Gallant fired

Rate this topic

redhdlois

3 minutes ago, mll said:

There are 4 teams with interim coaches + Blashill and Boudreau are in the last year of their deals - so 6 open positions for next season and 1 more in Seattle.    Seems unnecessary for him to go the assistant route.  He is still under contract another year.  

I can see Seattle being the front runner myself but I've always like Gallant and I think him and Green would make a solid coaching tandem

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

They have only been playing for 2 plus seasons but fired both coaches anyway?

Then put out this part of the statement "They were both instrumental to the success we have enjoyed in our first two-plus seasons "

So gas two instrumental pieces of your past and current success.

Weird.

It is surprising.

It's a veteran team though and they have been inconsistent.  The Pacific has been weak and their roster was improved by adding Stone and Pacioretty yet they are not distancing themselves from the average.   

32 minutes ago, mll said:

That was before Gallant became available.  If they are interested and wait - he might no longer be available.  

They said no further coaching changes, Bowness for the year. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Gallant is a great coach and would take him over Green. This is reminding me of when we hired AV. We dragged our butts getting AV and missed out on Quenville. I very much liked AV but one has to wonder if 2011 goes differently with Quenville at the helm. I'm sure Green doesn't get canned for Gallant but I do feel we are missing out again on the better coach. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, mll said:

It is surprising.

It's a veteran team though and they have been inconsistent.  The Pacific has been weak and their roster was improved by adding Stone and Pacioretty yet they are not distancing themselves from the average.   

New players can take awhile to merge into the team. And yet Pac and Stone are leading the team in scoring.

I wonder if some of the better coaching contenders will just say no to a Vegas deal and try an organization with a bit more patience?

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Gallant is a great coach and would take him over Green. This is reminding me of when we hired AV. We dragged our butts getting AV and missed out on Quenville. I very much liked AV but one has to wonder if 2011 goes differently with Quenville at the helm. I'm sure Green doesn't get canned for Gallant but I do feel we are missing out again on the better coach. 

Gallant has been fired twice now for underachieving with much better rosters than ours. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I predict Gallant will be named the coach of the Seattle Expansion Franchise. He was able to have success out of the gate with the Las Vegas Expansion Franchise and I’m guessing Seattle will hope he can do the same for them. 

I think Minnesota will let Boudreau go and go hard for Gallant 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green gets the year at least. Get over it. 

I agree, I don’t think Gallant will coach this year anyway

the issue is 4 teams at least will be chasing him 

I hope we get in and if we do I am ok with Green but frankly these first few games back at home will tell if we are going to make it 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I think Minnesota will let Boudreau go and go hard for Gallant 

It's not the coaching the issue - it's goaltending and the roster.  Also the Wild would certainly benefit from getting a high draft pick.  

• Like 1

Just now, mll said:

It's not the coaching the issue - it's goaltending and the roster.  Also the Wild would certainly benefit from getting a high draft pick.  

They're committed with Parise and Suter and Zucarello all three are unmovable deals coach is the easy band-aid. 

1 minute ago, mll said:

Agreed.  When it comes to coaches, NHL owners behave like us fans.  Nashville fired Trots, and where are they now?  Get a really good coach, and keep him.  Move the players, who are not performing.  

• Upvote 1