The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights. Gerard Gallant fired

Rate this topic

redhdlois

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

They're committed with Parise and Suter and Zucarello all three are unmovable deals coach is the easy band-aid. 

Minnesota does not want to just make the playoffs and not do anything once they get in.  They need to draft high to bring in talent and difference makers.  Getting a coaching bump doesn't help them.  

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Gallant has been fired twice now for underachieving with much better rosters than ours. 

I don't see the past Hurricanes team better than ours? He took a team to the finals only two years ago, one blown call from going to the Western finals last year. I think JB should at least look at all options to make the team better, coaching included. Debatable if Gallant is better than Green but it should be considered. Edit. Sorry, meant to say the Panthers not the Hurricanes. 

Edited by rekker

50 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Gallant is a great motivator, but he’s an angry man with a short shelf life . A 2 season coach.

Feel like he works great for a workhorse team. Which was Vegas before they went out and traded for star players. The entire first line replaced the former first line which was the center of their identity. Once that old "us against the world" mentality left they stopped being that dominant. Not sure I blame that on Gallant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Minnesota does not want to just make the playoffs and not do anything once they get in.  They need to draft high to bring in talent and difference makers.  Getting a coaching bump doesn't help them.  

What they need to do and what they're going to do are 2 different things. They're between a rock and a hard place and at a worse starting point than Benning was when he took over. 

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't see the past Hurricanes team better than ours? He took a team to the finals only two years ago, one blown call from going to the Western finals last year. I think JB should at least look at all options to make the team better, coaching included. Debatable if Gallant is better than Green but it should be considered. Edit. Sorry, meant to say the Panthers not the Hurricanes. 

2015/16 team was much better than we are now. Then their GM got the analytics bug and moved out some good pieces and blamed the coach. 

Objectively speaking that Panthers roster was better than ours all around. 

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Jack Adams Winners' track record doesn't lie

Gallant - 2018 winner, fired in 2020

Trotz - 2016 winner, 2018 mutually part ways with Caps

Hartley - 2015 winner, fired in 2016

Roy - 2014 winner, stepped down in 2016 before the season

McLean - 2013 winner, fired in 2014

Look out Torts. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What they need to do and what they're going to do are 2 different things. They're between a rock and a hard place and at a worse starting point than Benning was when he took over. 

It's LeBrun at the start of the season that suggested that Minnesota wouldn't mind finishing in the lottery.  It might be a case where the GM is looking at the future rather than the now.  Curious what they will do in the next little while but it's obvious that their roster is not at the level of the top teams in the league.  

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Man i never thought this would happen but if he didn't call anyone any names or hit any players or try any bush league crap, I want him in Van! Anyway just bring him in. 

Prepare for disappointment then cause Green is getting the year minimum. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

It's LeBrun at the start of the season that suggested that Minnesota wouldn't mind finishing in the lottery.  It might be a case where the GM is looking at the future rather than the now.  Curious what they will do in the next little while but it's obvious that their roster is not at the level of the top teams in the league.  

Optics of the money they have tied in to their top 3 paid players can change that. Hire Gallant pick in the lotto this year and hope the band aid sticks next season. They’re definitely not keeping Boudreau beyond this year. 

Edited by canuck73_3

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Man i never thought this would happen but if he didn't call anyone any names or hit any players or try any bush league crap, I want him in Van! Anyway just bring him in. 

I think someone else mentioned it earlier, but I would bring him in to the organization in some capacity. Leave Greener as the head for now and evaluate after the season, but maybe bring him on as an Assistant. Not sure if he could run the D but I'm not crazy about Nolan.

Shocked Vegas let him go tho.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dr.BRR said:

I think someone else mentioned it earlier, but I would bring him in to the organization in some capacity. Leave Greener as the head for now and evaluate after the season, but maybe bring him on as an Assistant. Not sure if he could run the D but I'm not crazy about Nolan.

Shocked Vegas let him go tho.

Gallant isn't taking an assistant job... 

I’d love for the Canucks to grab Gallant. He’d bring the hard nosed style of play this team desperately needs to play. 

Warhippy’s idea of bringing him in as an assistant is the best option. Most likely, they’d ditch Baumgartner (which is necessary) and it would send a message to Green that there is someone in the wings. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’d love for the Canucks to grab Gallant. He’d bring the hard nosed style of play this team desperately needs to play. 

Warhippy’s idea of bringing him in as an assistant is the best option. Most likely, they’d ditch Baumgartner (which is necessary) and it would send a message to Green that there is someone in the wings. 

Do you think Gallant goes for an assistant job? There are likely other teams going after him, and the Seattle position waiting.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Optics of the money they have tied in to their top 3 paid players can change that. Hire Gallant pick in the lotto this year and hope the band aid sticks next season. 

Don't think it's their mindset.  Leipold is not interested in having a good team that is not good enough to win it all.  When he fired Fletcher he said good is not good enough.  Fenton was tasked to shake up the core because they weren't getting it done. 

Boudreau's in the last year of his deal and Guerin will probably bring in his own coach.