The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights. Gerard Gallant fired

Rate this topic

redhdlois

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Who says it will make the team better? Maybe it makes them worse.....

True enough.  That’s why JB gets the big dollars.  He has to make the tough choices.  Timing isn’t right to move Green anyway.  But, if the team goes on another skid? 

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

That’s the reality though. Green should be feeling the pressure where he feels like every game could be his last. 

No he shouldn't, this is his first season with a playoff bubble team. And he's currently got them in a playoff spot. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hire Gallant as an Assistant coach or special teams coach for now and use next year as a benchmark then promote him if Greener isn't getting it done.

sure but didn't they just re-up the assistants? (which did seem poorly thought out to me..) I'd love to see him in place of NB or NB or both, but I suspect there would be some alpha dog confusion.. might not help anything this season

2 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

sure but didn't they just re-up the assistants? (which did seem poorly thought out to me..) I'd love to see him in place of NB or NB or both, but I suspect there would be some alpha dog confusion.. might not help anything this season

Wasn't a fan of those extensions should have let the year play out. Our PP looks like dog crap and the collapsing defence structure is risky at best. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The coaching staff we currently have is weak. Green is the de facto scapegoat goat cause he’s the head coach. I am convinced his support coaches ie. Nolan & Newel (dumb & dumber) have reached their best before dates. they need to be upgraded asap. These two guys are not helping us head in the right direction. 

Have my doubts on Baumer too. Only thing he's done lately that I'm a fan of is losing it on the ref in Tampa. That was fun.

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 2