The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mathieu Perreault comments on Virtanen (interviewed in a salt mine)

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol virtanen definitely chicken winged a little.. the initial point of contact was made with the elbow regardless of where it made contact with perreault.. shoulder head doesnt matter.. virtanen been great this year but I'm not a fan of his lack of toughness. He lays big hit and questionable hit once in a while but runs away everytime when challenged. Hes always the last man in and first man out in scrums around the net.

you are correct 

and you got 2 wonkie faces, so I gave you another alien to balance things out

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi72cT_q4MY

Here's a better video. Perreault does have a point. Seems like the players are revolting and together calling out the league lol. This is not a Virtanen problem, more like a league problem. 

He looks like he's got 6"s of manbun hunder dat toque

that makes him 6'4" 

maybe he wants the Canucks to support the Winnipeg bag lunch program

or maybe he owns shares in a billboard company

s/b 10 games minimum (0 for the play itself and 10 for playing for Vancouver). Now that was the old DOPS under Colin “I don’t even know what a penalty is anymore” Campbell. 

While I certainly don’t think they’re doing a great job it’s a little better than it was when it was clearly open season on the nucks (Sedin years).

someone mentioned it earlier but say a guy like Ryp took a shot like that, Virt or whoever he could find would be on the ground KO’d... MP is just a pu$$

18 minutes ago, 6string said:

Maybe Jake has a tab to pay ( Adam Lowry or Sbisa ) next time we play Winnipeg, see if this has any legs?

Possibly.   Bet he won't pay his tab - like that "friend" who always sneaks out before the bill arrives.   Don't think he likes the idea of fighting - doubt he or anyone else for that matter - takes a run at a guy like Kassian.   Still I'd like to see more hits from JV - we all know he's capable of good ones.   Maybe the playoffs will bring out the best in him - he's arguably our best 5 x 5 per sixty guy and it sure would be nice to see him off his leash.

• Upvote 1

Dirty play by Virtanen ... 

What if a 6'1 225lbs player elbows EP40 like that ..or Quinn Hughes or Stecher... Perrault is a small guy ..

Virtanen doesn't fight but he better be ready soon.... he's going to have to answer for that...

Not just vs WPG . Players around the league know that was dirty.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Dirty play by Virtanen ... 

What if a 6'1 225lbs player elbows EP40 like that ..or Quinn Hughes or Stecher... Perrault is a small guy ..

Virtanen doesn't fight but he better be ready soon.... he's going to have to answer for that...

Not just vs WPG . Players around the league know that was dirty.  

No elbow. He raised it after. 

20200116_164836-COLLAGE.jpg

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

A minor penalty at the very most. Nowhere close to fineable.

Im glad the league isn’t overreacting to every little hit. The league has gotten way too soft as it is.

Little hit ? Lol that wasn't a hit

That was a cheap shot by a 225lbs player on a small guy...dirty play by a guy who can't fight

He's gotta answer for that on the ice

He'll be getting into a few fights rest of season..  Not just vs WPG.. other teams too.. He'll be hearing it on the ice vs Coyotes today 

What were your thoughts when EP40 got picked up and slammed in Miami?

Virtanen should get minnimim  2 games.. he doesn't fight..  but I bet he's going to have to soon..

Dirty play.. Big boy going to need to answer for that on the ice.  

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2