The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL warns Flames, Oilers; Parros expected to attend rematch

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I wish Willie shared burkes opinion on playing with an edge. I hope green and Jim have jakes back behind closed doors. 

Burkes right though I wouldn't want that job lol

While I do like Burke, saying that Parros is doing a good job makes him sound like a moron.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I do like Burke, saying that Parros is doing a good job makes him sound like a moron.

I agree but it's a thankless job....when Burke and nonis ran it I thought they were morons too. Lol 

theres no way to please both sides like Burke said. 

23 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but it's a thankless job....when Burke and nonis ran it I thought they were morons too. Lol 

They could try to be consistent in their rulings though. I get that some people feel differently about suspensions based on their allegiances, but just be consistent in your rulings. The DoPS hasn't made the game safer at all.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They could try to be consistent in their rulings though. I get that some people feel differently about suspensions based on their allegiances, but just be consistent in your rulings. The DoPS hasn't made the game safer at all.

OH I agree but like Burke said there's three levels and we kinda got rid of all the enforcers so that level is kinda gone now...

so now there's only really refs and dops.....

37 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Thing is based on Burkie's story, they had far fewer resources when he was in charge of suspensions. Lol. Had VCRs and the tapes could only record a certain amount. And there was only two of them. Brutal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I wish Willie shared burkes opinion on playing with an edge. I hope green and Jim have jakes back behind closed doors. 

Burkes right though I wouldn't want that job lol

When playoffs role around I hope jake and ferland are playing this same style with similar hits...making players pay the price. 

it’s where the men separate from the boys and JB built a team to play this style. Surprise so many people on this board are complaining and want these types of hits removed from the game. Likely has everything to do with the name on the back of jerseys because who really wants a league filled with Nylander and Ehlers. Right @Alflives

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

An Oiler should target Lucic the same way Tkachuck targeted Kassian and then you’d see an even better SNAP SHOW ! 

Only problem is Lucic never catches up to the puck and the play so he’s not legal to check without taking an interference penalty.

Lucic already got a two game suspension for doing the exact same thing kassian did this year. The only difference was it was a teammate that got hit.

But the bar was set then on what happens when you start throwing punches at an unwilling player. 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Why are those chuckleheads going to the game? Their complete lack of consistency in holding players accountable has resulted in these issues. Maybe their dumbasses are coming to survey their handiwork. 

All symbolism and no substance - just to show that they supposedly, "care".   All talk but no actions and accountability.  My theory, is that this is Parros' way to remind Kassian and raTkachuk who the boss is.

It is just a matter of time before the next incident or blow up cause the rats know they are protected and the majority of the players know that they wont be protected from these cheap shot artists.  I wonder what is the League narrative with such an obvious flawed policy of so called, "player safety" - there is no set standard of what is deemed unsafe cause it changes with the person in charge (what a joke and it is reflected with how both players acted/reacted).   Althought, Marchand has behaved (so far), perhaps because of last years finals were his rat tactics was greatly nullified by realizing that the rough/tough Blues squad will bite back hard.

download.jpeg

Edited by ShawnAntoski

15 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

How many times have we seen this? Nothing will happen. Maybe a fight with a washed up Lucic.  That's it.  

He's still a mean SOB.

It's the rest of his game that has left him.

I can see a discussed scrap between him and Kass. But I doubt the game is nuts....then again, one can hope. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

When playoffs role around I hope jake and ferland are playing this same style with similar hits...making players pay the price. 

it’s where the men separate from the boys and JB built a team to play this style. Surprise so many people on this board are complaining and want these types of hits removed from the game. Likely has everything to do with the name on the back of jerseys because who really wants a league filled with Nylander and Ehlers. Right @Alflives

Predatory hits that target high and when an oppenent is not looking......  No thanks.  With current brain research i just can't support  ruining a young man/ possibly a parents.... future of normal brain funtionning.  These hits needs to removed from the game ASAP before we lose more of our NHL retired guys to suicide / mental health issues associated with brain trauma. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Predatory hits that target high and when an oppenent is not looking......  No thanks.  With current brain research i just can't support  ruining a young man/ possibly a parents.... future of normal brain funtionning.  These hits needs to removed from the game ASAP before we lose more of our NHL retired guys to suicide / mental health issues associated with brain trauma. 

Yeah Hockey’s not a sport for you....Maybe stick to soccer. If hitting a player when they aren’t expecting it needs to be removed than you are taking out 90% of the big hits in the NHL. Players can just run around with their heads down all the time and have no worries about the consequences.  Players like kassian wouldn’t even belong in the league. Hockey is a contact sport. As long as the head isn’t targeted (which in this case it wasn’t) it’s a completely legal hit.

You’re entire argument is flawed too. If your reasoning is due to concussions, then it really shouldn’t matter if the hit was predatory or not, all types of hits can cause similar types of injuries, hits along the boards, hits in open ice and even hits exiting the zone. 

You may want the sport to turn into charmin ultra soft but that’s just because your from surrey. You must really hate playoff hockey.  

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah Hockey’s not a sport for you....Maybe stick to soccer. If hitting a player when they aren’t expecting it needs to be removed than you are taking out 90% of the big hits in the NHL. Players can just run around with their heads down all the time and have no worries about the consequences.  Players like kassian wouldn’t even belong in the league. Hockey is a contact sport. As long as the head isn’t targeted (which in this case it wasn’t) it’s a completely legal hit.

You’re entire argument is flawed too. If your reasoning is due to concussions, then it really shouldn’t matter if the hit was predatory or not, all types of hits can cause similar types of injuries, hits along the boards, hits in open ice and even hits exiting the zone. 

You may want the sport to turn into charmin ultra soft but that’s just because your from surrey. You must really hate playoff hockey.  

I agree with much of what you've stated (minus the insults, of course), but I would also add that any player that likes to make those 'surprise' hits, should also expect the recipient to come back with fists flying.  That is also part of the game these days; whether the hit is legal of not.  Of course the visors protect them, but sooner or later, a lucky punch will connect and there could be a fair bit of damage done.  Just another aspect of the game.