The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL warns Flames, Oilers; Parros expected to attend rematch

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lucic. 

Notice how suddenly the Flames’ players are mixing it up and getting into their first tussles? 

Think that’s a coincidence?

Lucic’s presence has impacted the team, just like how when Rypien arrived here and suddenly Kesler, Burrows and our other players started feeling tough too. 

It’s kind of pathetic that I have to hear the talking heads and some of you in here talking about Lucic’s non-fights as if he did something wrong by not acting the part of goon.

He is the insurance policy; the balance.

If and when things get out of hand or somebody needs straightening out, Lucic is their to do the enforcer thing and play cop, as that role has done for over a century. It’s like people have forgotten what that role is for and why it was important.

Billy Goat Gruff, stuff. 

Lucic is the nuclear bomb in this “war”. 

When needed, he can and will change the momentum and fortunes of this war of Alberia. Until that time comes, he’s effective just in his presence on the bench. The proof is there for all to see, so I don’t get any of the sensationalism and negativity surrounding his part during this rivalry. 

I hear what you’re saying 189, but the goon days (knuckle draggers who stage fights against each other) are over.  I don’t see any reason for an Oiler to fight Looch when their smaller skilled guys are willing to go.  

12 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lucic. 

Notice how suddenly the Flames’ players are mixing it up and getting into their first tussles? 

Think that’s a coincidence?

Lucic’s presence has impacted the team, just like how when Rypien arrived here and suddenly Kesler, Burrows and our other players started feeling tough too. 

It’s kind of pathetic that I have to hear the talking heads and some of you in here talking about Lucic’s non-fights as if he did something wrong by not acting the part of goon.

He is the insurance policy; the balance.

If and when things get out of hand or somebody needs straightening out, Lucic is their to do the enforcer thing and play cop, as that role has done for over a century. It’s like people have forgotten what that role is for and why it was important.

Billy Goat Gruff, stuff. 

Lucic is the nuclear bomb in this “war”. 

When needed, he can and will change the momentum and fortunes of this war of Alberia. Until that time comes, he’s effective just in his presence on the bench. The proof is there for all to see, so I don’t get any of the sensationalism and negativity surrounding his part during this rivalry. 

Which is why Tkachuk turtled like the gutless coward he is?  Lucic has shown the Flames how to be a classless piece of trash, on and off the ice, with zero accountability.  So glad we didn't trade for that locker room cancer.

Lucic needs to be straightened out himself, starting with that face that is so ugly his parents must have been twins.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hear what you’re saying 189, but the goon days (knuckle draggers who stage fights against each other) are over.  I don’t see any reason for an Oiler to fight Looch when their smaller skilled guys are willing to go.  

It’s just the same way of recognizing the role of enforcer, the pre-staged fighter version. 

Having on on the bench meant players could battle/fight in their weight divisions and capacities, on both sides. 

It also meant that skilled guys didn’t have to rough it up if they didn’t want to and any harassment of them to do so would engage the Code and the enforcers, like the Billy Goat Gruff story. 

IMO, If and when Lucic needs to decide the toughness equity-balance, he will. IMO, he hasn’t needed to yet because the teams have been evenly matched and nobody is trying to pick on MT, etc. 

Inevitably, Lucic and Kassian will go, which will be one of the last true heavyweight, non-visor fights we will ever see in the NHL between two Canadian clubs.

Neither player is the showboat type of staged fighter garbage so it will have to happen holistically out of a scrum, big hit or either of the two bullying the other team’s less capable players. 

If and when that fight happens, I hope it goes a few rounds and that there are a few more of them as to ensure each fighter gets a fair chance to have put on a great showing and to avenge their loss(es). 

I can’t &^@#ing wait. 

The only other fight similar to this one will be Guddy vs Reeves, though that will be an all-American affair, sadly; not a classic Canadian showdown like the Battle of the Albortions. 

11 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s just the same way of recognizing the role of enforcer, the pre-staged fighter version. 

Having on on the bench meant players could battle/fight in their weight divisions and capacities, on both sides. 

It also meant that skilled guys didn’t have to rough it up if they didn’t want to and any harassment of them to do so would engage the Code and the enforcers, like the Billy Goat Gruff story. 

IMO, If and when Lucic needs to decide the toughness equity-balance, he will. IMO, he hasn’t needed to yet because the teams have been evenly matched and nobody is trying to pick on MT, etc. 

Inevitably, Lucic and Kassian will go, which will be one of the last true heavyweight, non-visor fights we will ever see in the NHL between two Canadian clubs.

Neither player is the showboat type of staged fighter garbage so it will have to happen holistically out of a scrum, big hit or either of the two bullying the other team’s less capable players. 

If and when that fight happens, I hope it goes a few rounds and that there are a few more of them as to ensure each fighter gets a fair chance to have put on a great showing and to avenge their loss(es). 

I can’t &^@#ing wait. 

The only other fight similar to this one will be Guddy vs Reeves, though that will be an all-American affair, sadly; not a classic Canadian showdown like the Battle of the Albortions. 

Kassian will not fight Looch.  No reason to.  IMO the day of the nuke deterrent is gone too.  The penalties are too extreme, and the league is too evenly matched, for the big boppers to start stuff.  Plus, guys aren’t going to fight the big boppers any more anyway.  We are back to old time hockey, where every player is expected to stand up for themselves.  I like that.