Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This is exactly what I thought watching the game.  Maybe if Brock plays with Roussel and Gaud a bit more he starts trusting them and passing to them. Who knows...

or just put things back the way they were, you know winning 8/10 games :lol: 

 

hey look we're winning, lets diddle with it :picard:

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how Quinn Hughes on the power play keeps other teams guessing on the entry. Sometimes he will pass it back. Other times he will carry the puck himself over the blue line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no way that Boeser deserves to be demoted to the third line for an extended period of time. I do like Green’s idea of evening things out to create three scoring lines and making it tougher for opposing teams to line match. I think he should try:

 

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen 

 

Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser

 

Pearson - Gaudette - Sutter

 

Roussel - Beagle - Motte

 

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

There’s no way that Boeser deserves to be demoted to the third line for an extended period of time. I do like Green’s idea of evening things out to create three scoring lines and making it tougher for opposing teams to line match. I think he should try:

 

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen 

 

Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser

 

Pearson - Gaudette - Sutter

 

Roussel - Beagle - Motte

 

 

 

Boeser is too easy to shut down when he plays with petey, they looked much more effective last night.  That said, I'm sure he'll be back there in due time..

 

There is zero chance they take Pearson off Bo's liine

Edited by stawns
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
43 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

There’s no way that Boeser deserves to be demoted to the third line for an extended period of time. I do like Green’s idea of evening things out to create three scoring lines and making it tougher for opposing teams to line match. I think he should try:

 

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen 

 

Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser

 

Pearson - Gaudette - Sutter

 

Roussel - Beagle - Motte

 

 

 

I’m thinking that line juggling was just to adapt to the Coyotes depth. If we didn’t balance our scoring, we would’ve been destroyed imo. 

 

He started during the Peg game to see where chemistry lay for the more important Arizona game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stamkos said:

I’m thinking that line juggling was just to adapt to the Coyotes depth. If we didn’t balance our scoring, we would’ve been destroyed imo. 

 

He started during the Peg game to see where chemistry lay for the more important Arizona game. 

Coyotes depth?  Michael Chaput?  They play a trap, and counter attack game.  They wait to pounce turnovers.  Jake is the fastest guy out there.  He moves to lines to balance the speed to defend against the counter.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

or just put things back the way they were, you know winning 8/10 games :lol: 

 

hey look we're winning, lets diddle with it :picard:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31323-1453382220-15

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those that are disagreeing with the Boes/Jake move should give it a few games to decide whether its a bad idea or not. Most times the previous line(Miller/Petey/Boes) was effective, but with some bigger, tighter checking teams, they had a hard time maintaining possession in the offensive zone. 

If you noticed in the last 4 periods we played, we maintained more pressure in the O zone. The exception was the third line of Boes/Gaud and Roussel. The weak links being Boes and Gaud on that line. Most of the time though there was good flow to the game and we weren't running around in our own end. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

or just put things back the way they were, you know winning 8/10 games :lol: 

 

hey look we're winning, lets diddle with it :picard:

Out with Green; in with a Gallant (ex) Knight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked how Jake looked out there with that top line. He's got more jam down low and more speed.

 

If Boeser and Gaudette can get some chemistry fired up, it'll be a similar line to the first, with Roussel playing the speedy jammer along the wall / net front guy. It'd break my heart to see 3 lines scoring that are more difficult to score on. Sutter in for Schaller on the 4th worked really well.

 

The second line is clearly humming. Leave it alone entirely. Eriksson in particular is playing the most inspired period of hockey (the last 15-20 games) that he has as a Canuck since signing. He's putting plays together that lead to points, and not just the empty netters. And even on those empty netters, it means that line has the puck in an out-numbered situation and puts the game away. Far cry from 3-4 years ago when every 6 on 5 ended up with the puck in our net.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a perfect fit. Tanev's skating isn't what it once was, but that doesn't matter since Hughes is doing most of the skating, and Chris is a smart veteran partner to be there when Hughes messes up. Its ideal for this year anyway. 

I disagree. I think Tanev has a really great first 3 steps. He doesn't have the top speed but his first few steps are really strong and quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brownky said:

I liked how Jake looked out there with that top line. He's got more jam down low and more speed.

 

If Boeser and Gaudette can get some chemistry fired up, it'll be a similar line to the first, with Roussel playing the speedy jammer along the wall / net front guy. It'd break my heart to see 3 lines scoring that are more difficult to score on. Sutter in for Schaller on the 4th worked really well.

 

The second line is clearly humming. Leave it alone entirely. Eriksson in particular is playing the most inspired period of hockey (the last 15-20 games) that he has as a Canuck since signing. He's putting plays together that lead to points, and not just the empty netters. And even on those empty netters, it means that line has the puck in an out-numbered situation and puts the game away. Far cry from 3-4 years ago when every 6 on 5 ended up with the puck in our net.

Really interesting take on the line switch ups.

Screenshot_20200117-140043.png

Screenshot_20200117-140126.png

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Nope, i watched a majority of the games he played.  Was my favorite player at the time. Not saying he wasn't,  just suggesting his stats compared to Pettersson are not really comparable.  That's what i thought u were saying.  

Yeah, I didn’t suggest a comparison between the two players in my post. Chalk it up to a misunderstanding. Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Really interesting take on the line switch ups.

Screenshot_20200117-140043.png

Screenshot_20200117-140126.png

I don't care about stats or who is the top line in the league, the main concern is the TEAM play and WINS. Not to mention your stats are based on a small sample size of stats who knows, maybe this trio becomes better then the latter. "Control is good and all"? Some say that is pretty important in hockey.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't care about stats or who is the top line in the league, the main concern is the TEAM play and WINS. Not to mention your stats are based on a small sample size of stats who knows, maybe this trio becomes better then the latter. "Control is good and all"? Some say that is pretty important in hockey.

Well... Sorry to burst your bubble but... They matter. And the Lotto Line is the 2nd best in the NHL in that regard. 

 

How do you think you win games? By out scoring your opponent, and that's what the lotto line does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just let it play out for a few games.  There is zero downside unless it totally sucks at which point you switch the lines again.

 

Sheesh...some posters here seem to think they get paid to make NHL coaching decisions and that their ideas are better than a guy's (Green) who ACTUALLY gets paid to make coaching decisions.

 

:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Well... Sorry to burst your bubble but... They matter. And the Lotto Line is the 2nd best in the NHL in that regard. 

 

How do you think you win games? By out scoring your opponent, and that's what the lotto line does.

Oh wouldn't be nice if it was that easy. Scoring 5 goals means nothing if your opponent scores 6. If we have possession more as a team it usually means we have more chances to score and our opponent doesn't. Like I said, give it at least a few games and see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Well... Sorry to burst your bubble but... They matter. And the Lotto Line is the 2nd best in the NHL in that regard. 

 

How do you think you win games? By out scoring your opponent, and that's what the lotto line does.

When we play fast teams Brock's skating shows....

plain and simple..... 

His got the IQ and hands but crappy skating will hold him back. 

Next time we play a fast team just watch Brock and you'll see what I mean

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.