The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh wouldn't be nice if it was that easy. Scoring 5 goals means nothing if your opponent scores 6. If we have possession more as a team it usually means we have more chances to score and our opponent doesn't. Like I said, give it at least a few games and see what happens.

Breh... You're reinforcing my point...

The Lotto Line is the 2nd best line in the NHL in terms of outscoring their opponent 5 on 5, behind only the perfection line. Did you even read the snippet of the article I posted?

Edited by 5Fivehole0

11 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

When we play fast teams Brock's skating shows....

plain and simple..... 

His got the IQ and hands but crappy skating will hold him back. 

Next time we play a fast team just watch Brock and you'll see what I mean

I have watched Brock and sorry but he is not that slow, he seems to  carry himself quite well. it is an excuse for all who have wanted him traded  or just picking him apart 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Breh... You're reinforcing my point...

The Lotto Line is the 2nd best line in the NHL in terms of outscoring their opponent 5 on 5, behind only the perfection line. Did you even read the snippet of the article I posted?

I think your a little too obsessed with "Stats", breh. ::D

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Love meh stats

Stats are great but you can make them sway in any direction just depends how you present them. They should be used in conjunction with OTHER assessments as well and the whole picture should be looked at.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

When we play fast teams Brock's skating shows....

plain and simple..... 

His got the IQ and hands but crappy skating will hold him back. 

Next time we play a fast team just watch Brock and you'll see what I mean

If Boeser had CRAPPY SKATING he would not be in the NHL.

If you are saying his top speed is not like Bo or Jake then I agree.  I do watch every game and Brock's skating is good enough that he gets in hard on the fore check every game.

You are exaggerating about Brock's skating in my opinion (for whatever reason).  The same exaggerating that has gone on with other posters saying Brock can no longer shoot or Brock can't do this or that.  It all seems ridiculous to me considering Brock is 30th in a league of over 700 players in scoring.

I guess some posters bit%$ just to bit&$.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I watch almost every game, and while Brock isn't the fastest, he sure as hell isn't slow though.

You won't convince me that Boeser is an anchor on the 1st line when hes just under a point per game coming off a 3 goal 4 point week and 18 points in 18 games.

Boeser is the 3rd or 4th best forward on the team and arguably the best winger.

Woah!

I never said he was an anchor now did I? 

I don't see Brock as an anchor but his suppose to be a 40 goal scorer isn't he? 

I think if we had another actual top six forward that could skate that would push Brock down the depth chart....

I like Brock but watching him play against fast teams is like watching iggy's last couple years. 

I'm so over This back and forth , anyone can see his skating holds him back so it would hold his line back but thx to his hockey IQ , it's not as noticeable and his still playing good but if your so much of a homer to admit say forsberg or zucker or hall playing with Miller and petey wouldnt put up as many points come on lol 

just my two cents though but I'm done beating a dead horse. 

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If you are saying his top speed is not like Bo or Jake then I agree.  I do watch every game and Brock's skating is good enough that he gets in hard on the fore check every game.

You are exaggerating about Brock's skating in my opinion (for whatever reason).

Brock has average skating in today's NHL. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Stats are great but you can make them sway in any direction just depends how you present them. They should be used in conjunction with OTHER assessments as well and the whole picture should be looked at.

But you can't just disregard them. Statistics help prove opinions and facts. You can say all these things about someone in sports but unless you have some sort of proof (stats usually) it's just a thought or theory.

I'm not against Virtanen on the 1st line in place of Boeser. I was simply just sharing the fact that 6 40 9 have been one of the best lines in the NHL in terms of 5 on 5 scoring.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Brock has average skating in today's NHL. 

Totally agree.  Bess is a high IQ guy, who has excellent hands and a great shot.  He creates space with the threat of his shot, which gives him a split second longer than most other guy’s, to make a play.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Woah!

I never said he was an anchor now did I? 

I don't see Brock as an anchor but his suppose to be a 40 goal scorer isn't he? 

I think if we had another actual top six forward that could skate that would push Brock down the depth chart....

I like Brock but watching him play against fast teams is like watching iggy's last couple years. 

I'm so over This back and forth , anyone can see his skating holds him back so it would hold his line back but thx to his hockey IQ , it's not as noticeable and his still playing good but if your so much of a homer to admit say forsberg or zucker or hall playing with Miller and petey wouldnt put up as many points come on lol 

just my two cents though but I'm done beating a dead horse. 

Who ever said he was a 40 goal scorer? Are you disappointed that a 21st OA is only scoring at around a 30 goal pace at 22 years old? Do you think he's reached his ceiling?

Zucker!?! You're going to try and sell that Zucker is better than Boeser? Forsberg doesn't even have as many points as Boeser this season, nor has he even scored more than 33. He scores at a high 20 low 30 pace.

Come on man, you're hating for hates sake here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

But you can't just disregard them. Statistics help prove opinions and facts. You can say all these things about someone in sports but unless you have some sort of proof (stats usually) it's just a thought or theory.

I'm not against Virtanen on the 1st line in place of Boeser. I was simply just sharing the fact that 6 40 9 have been one of the best lines in the NHL in terms of 5 on 5 scoring.

Starts support opinion only.  They don’t make an opinion correct.  It’s hockey, and not baseball.  The game is way too fast, fluid, and has too many moving parts to simply use stats to confirm opinion.  The eye test (by a true NHL trained eye, and not some pissant) is still the best way to determine a player’s effect on a game. 

Plus, stats are only as good as the data collection methods.  The NHL has no consistent method of collecting stats.  In fact, in many rinks the stats’ guys/gals don’t even know hockey, and (as a result) their data is craperolla.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Who ever said he was a 40 goal scorer? Are you disappointed that a 21st OA is only scoring at around a 30 goal pace at 22 years old? Do you think he's reached his ceiling?

Zucker!?! You're going to try and sell that Zucker is better than Boeser? Forsberg doesn't even have as many points as Boeser this season, nor has he even scored more than 33. He scores at a high 20 low 30 pace.

Come on man, you're hating for hates sake here.

A Lot of posters claimed he could be a 40 goal scorer.....

no im not disappointed in Brock but those three players I listed play with speed and have about the same amount of raw skill. Different degree of skill in different areas in their game. 

All three are like Brock top six wingers. 

Which would probably put up around the same amount of points , if they played here in Van. 

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

A Lot of posters claimed he could be a 40 goal scorer.....

no im not disappointed in Brock but those three players I listed play with speed and have about the same amount of raw skill. Different degree of skill in different areas in their game. 

All three are like Brock top six wingers. 

Which would probably put up around the same amount of points , if they played here in Van. 

Well, Boeser has a higher ceiling than Forsberg at this point, Halls been traded twice so he can't be that amazing, and Benning laughed at Zucker for Boeser before Minnies GM got fired.

I know I have the talent of coming across too crass. I don't think you unintelligent or anything. I just don't like this Boeser is the new whipping boy narrative.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You are exaggerating about Brock's skating in my opinion (for whatever reason).  The same exaggerating that has gone on with other posters saying Brock can no longer shoot or Brock can't do this or that.  It all seems ridiculous to me considering Brock is 30th in a league of over 700 players in scoring.

I guess some posters bit%$ just to bit&$.

It wasn't me that started this lol don't get me wrong I stir the pot enough but I came to GDT and this was going on before me lol

also I see you added some more... 

Can you honestly tell me Brock is the perfect player and another legit top six winger couldn't replace him?